Home Page Plugin For FireFox Error - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
RichsBallPythons
Home Page Plugin For FireFox Error

Just alerting that just recently the home page will pop up saying there are missing plugins.

When i click to see what, none are found. So not sure whats going on within the server.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
snowgyre
I'm getting the same error too. Out of curiosity, do you NoScript running? I thought my error was a function of that, perhaps with an advertisement trying to run bad javascript or something.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
WebSlave
I'm not seeing anything on my end. But then again, I'm just running IE lately....

Nothing has changed in the coding for this site.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
snowgyre
I used the NoScript plugin with Firefox to do some troubleshooting. Right now the following domains have scripts that are being run on this page:

google-analytics.com
faunaads.com
sitemeter.com
googlesyndication.com
doubleclick.net
rfihub.net
yahoo.com
faunaclassifieds.com

I systematically allowed each script to run independently of other scripts. It's the yahoo.com script that is making the Firefox error show up. I'm not sure what exactly yahoo is trying to do (or what it's doing on the site period), but that's the domain that's causing the issue. I disabled the yahoo script and now I have no error showing up.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
I'm not getting it right this second, but every so often, and for no apparent reason, I'll get the bar that says Firefox is preventing redirection to another page.

WTF??

Old 09-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
RichsBallPythons
Where di you go in FireFox to disable certain scripts

Old 09-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
snowgyre
It's called NoScript. It's a free addin for Firefox. It does take some calibration because NoScript automatically defaults to blocking all scripts. This is easy to do though, since once you get to sites you trust you click the little S icon in the lower right corner of Firefox and click "Allow Faunaclassifieds.com" or something similar. If things still don't appear to be working correctly (like credit card transactions that redirect you to other sites) you often have to hit "Temporarily Allow All This Page" and it will let the scripts run. The next time you run Firefox these reset to being blocked.

I haven't used antivirus software since I downloaded NoScript. Six years and going strong, not a single virus on this machine thanks to NoScript (and diligent email monitoring through Thunderbird, another free Mozilla application).

To download NoScript, click on the "Firefox" drop down menu in the upper left corner of your screen, then click on "Add-ons." Do a search for NoScript (one word). The icon is an angry looking S-shaped man.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!