Change in highlighting function of classified ads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Is the new highlighting function in classified ads better?
Yes, better! 31 46.27%
Nope, I liked the old way better. 29 43.28%
Looks the same to me. 4 5.97%
What is highlighting? 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
WebSlave
Change in highlighting function of classified ads

Before I left on a trip last week, I asked my programmer to make a change to the classifieds ads highlighting function to make the highlights much more eye catching. I thought just highlighting the topic line text could be improved a bit, so this is the result...

Let me know what you think about it...

Old 10-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
TheFragginDragon
I think 'eye-catching' is a good description. It's a veritable rainbow in the Classifieds forums

Old 10-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Dbz4246
Ahh, so that explains the colors, I was wondering what was up. Personally, I like it! Makes ads stand out more!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
KelliH
I think it's a little too bright, just being honest with you. I liked the old way better.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
SpitZu
I agree that it's too bright and the extreme contrasts kind of hurt my eyes.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
hhmoore
Too much, IMO. It isn't "bad"; but in the sections that the feature is heavily utilized, it's just a mixture of color groups....not so much of a highlighting (almost an assault, lol)

Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
KelliH
Is there a way to highlight the ads when one uses the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts"? I'm thinking no but that would actually be really cool if there was.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
hhmoore
The seller side of me thought about that at one time, as well.....but then another side decided that I didn't want to see all the highlights when I was reviewing posts that way.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The seller side of me thought about that at one time, as well.....but then another side decided that I didn't want to see all the highlights when I was reviewing posts that way.
Good point there H.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
WebSlave
Point taken about the brightness of the colors.....

I am checking with my programmer to see if he can implement some sort of "color picker" option, so members can select what color they want the highlight to be from a broad range of options. But quite honestly, my bet will be that most sellers will opt for the brightest colors anyway.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!