Allowing scammers and thieves to stay on Fauna! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #31
WebSlave
Unless there is strong objection to it, I believe this thread really belongs in the Feedback Forum, since it's topic focus is clearly on how this site is run. Which, of course, is what the Feedback Forum is there for....

Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #32
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
nick i would love to hear your opinions on what i said about the negative impact on the industry regrading scamming and price drops and so on and dont tell me to go look at another thread. we are talking about banning scammers and they do affect prices so that question belongs heres
That's two different beasts Rodney. This is in regards to banning scammers. Even if tomorrow, the world changes and every scammer is banned from fauna, I don't think the prices would change ... if anything, I think they would probably drop.

There is this little medium where people try to balance out price and who they trust enough to purchase from. Besides those truly concerned about quality, most people would pick the cheapest person if everyone was equally trustworthy, thus dropping the prices quicker. I will honestly pay a trusted good guy MORE money than someone that could be a scammer. Without scammers in the picture, I'd go with the cheaper good guy with the same quality animal most of the time and the guy that wanted more would probably drop.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #33
rodneynboalich
webslave im glad to see i got ban for a couple days for doing something you mods do. i thought i could us swear words if i miss spelled them since hhmoore did in in my bad guy thread

hhmoore
tired & cranky moderator

Name : Harald H Moore Jr
hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+
Send a message via AIM to hhmoore Send a message via Yahoo to hhmoore
Trader Rating: (48)

I don't want to jump into your pi$$ing contest; but one successful season, with plans for more, doesn't make a person "a breeder". I'm not knocking you, and I have no idea what your experience level is - just going by your own statement.
Heck, I bred my first snakes back in 1992, and I rarely refer to myself as a breeder.
Harald H Moore GGC #121
KBI Herpetoculture
http://www.kbiherp.com

i guess ill have to go back and read the double standard clause in the rule book

Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #34
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwboas View Post
This is the reason that I prefer to do things face to face. I get to see EXACTLY what I am buying. If you could also hit that little button called spell check, that might help you get YOUR point across. Not saying I am perfect, but aleast you can understand my post. Just sayin!
great advice but right back at you aleast just sayin

Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
Focal
I think everyone is out to get you Rodney.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Rodney, So let's just say we all agree and scammers shouldn't be on here. That we weed them all out. So where do we start and who makes that call?

Who is going to be responsible if we weed out a honest person or miss a bad guy?

Who interprets correct business standards? Do we eliminated everyone we disagree with their return policy? Can you find a dozen "good guys" that agree on a set of standards? If you can, I think you also can find another who disagree with them.

The term "scammer" itself is very subjective. Do we just use it for this purpose for people who don't send product or animals? Or do we include people who don't honor a return? How do you prove they didn't honor the policy without a shadow of doubt?

It isn't such a cut and dry statement to state we should eliminated all scammers, liars and thieves.

Then you have to take into account the liability issue of a site who states they are removing "scammers". Sites operate under different rules that best protect themselves while catering to the needs of those that use their services. Some don't pay much attention to the legalities and some do.
But for most they operate under some framework to protect from liability.

Here people are allowed to post their experiences and information on the BOI and are accountable for their statements. Each individual makes those statements not the site. The site doesn't pronounce guilt. The individual readers give each post the weight they feel it deserves.

If it didn't work that way and the site was held accountable for what others do, nobody would have the ability to posts their experiences because the owner isn't going to accept that responsibility.

The site is able to give you the ability to post a BOI thread because we don't make those judgment calls of who is telling the truth and pronouncing guilt.
The readers and individual posters do that.

could you please answer this question

you have created a medium for buying and selling. it was of your own volition. no one forced you to create this. when you create something you are responsible for it and i realize yu cant control how people choose to react to , or us it to facilitate it for their own personal gain or misuse it. all the people that have got ripped off on fauna is in no way was directly your fault but without fauna it wouldnt have happened. so do you fell no need to regulate it a little more. and dont try to us the cop out that just because you created something its not up to you to police how people use it. like in the case of a gun or car manufacture. no they cant control how its used. and that would not be comparable example since its out of their hands they are no longer involved. they offer up a produce and sell it. fauna is much different. you created this and set up some rules for use and you monitor it daily. you recognized from the beginning the need for regulation.

my point is that there could be a little more done about the blatant scam artist that rip people off.

and why wont anyone answer my question about big daddy. hes a perfect example of someone that needed to have his ability to advertise to he general public limited

i know you dont want to play judge and jury im not saying you should for every little boi thread. that would be stupid.

faunas reputation is sometimes seen as the safe haven for the losers that got kicked off kingsnake.

as far as not having the time to regulate a little more what gos on on this site i find it hard to believe you dont have the time. every time ive swore in a thread ive got an infarction within an hour of doing so. so you have time to catch that but not time to deal with classified post that are clearly misrepresenting animals and so on.

again im not talking about strict rules for posting or banning everyone that gets a bad guy boi

but i think you could at least hand out infractions or red flag people that consistently practice bad business.

as for how to deal with the issues is where i think the problem is. its the set of guidelines and rule that must be established first.

1 i think you should at least investigate a little when evidences is shown that an add is deceptive. such as the ballistic balls post with one of my animals. i showed the snake in question here at my house. i had pics of the parents, it hatching out and so on. the genetics were shown to be not what he was advertising it as. and once that was dont the only action taken by the mods was basically telling people to stop harassing him about it. he was never told to remove the post. why? it was a direct attempt at deception on his part. just a few weeks earlier he had the same snake posted for sale as being what it was and it didnt sell so he posted it as something it wasnt.

i agree that going after every scammer after the fact would be a never ending battle.

but to do something about it before hand would go a long way.

if you had a disclaimer that your site would try to ensure that scammers would be held accountable for their actions in the form of infraction, losing their right to post and even being ban if their behavior continued. but at the same time said you can in no way police every single transaction that occurs. i think it would go a long way with the customer. i have to admit that it would deter to some extent some of scumbags from even using your site and with less of them that means less stupid boi,s that you guys get drug into all the time. in the beginning i think it would be a lot of work but in the long run i think it would lead to less headaches

as for the liability issue. bare in mind its a private site and you have your own set of rules like you keep reminding me every time i swear.

as for the word scammers being subjective i think that will lead to a useless argument of linguistics. and at the same time i think it also shows the value of the boi. if it cant be proven then the boi is there

Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #37
WebSlave
Quote:
webslave im glad to see i got ban for a couple days for doing something you mods do. i thought i could us swear words if i miss spelled them since hhmoore did in in my bad guy thread

hhmoore
tired & cranky moderator

Name : Harald H Moore Jr
hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+hhmoore is at reputation level 2500+
Send a message via AIM to hhmoore Send a message via Yahoo to hhmoore
Trader Rating: (48)

I don't want to jump into your pi$$ing contest; but one successful season, with plans for more, doesn't make a person "a breeder". I'm not knocking you, and I have no idea what your experience level is - just going by your own statement.
Heck, I bred my first snakes back in 1992, and I rarely refer to myself as a breeder.
Harald H Moore GGC #121
KBI Herpetoculture
http://www.kbiherp.com

i guess ill have to go back and read the double standard clause in the rule book
Sheesh, give me a break.... "pissing" is NOT profanity in my book. What words did YOU use?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #38
WebSlave
Quote:
could you please answer this question

you have created a medium for buying and selling. it was of your own volition. no one forced you to create this. when you create something you are responsible for it and i realize yu cant control how people choose to react to , or us it to facilitate it for their own personal gain or misuse it. all the people that have got ripped off on fauna is in no way was directly your fault but without fauna it wouldnt have happened. so do you fell no need to regulate it a little more. and dont try to us the cop out that just because you created something its not up to you to police how people use it. like in the case of a gun or car manufacture. no they cant control how its used. and that would not be comparable example since its out of their hands they are no longer involved. they offer up a produce and sell it. fauna is much different. you created this and set up some rules for use and you monitor it daily. you recognized from the beginning the need for regulation.

my point is that there could be a little more done about the blatant scam artist that rip people off.

and why wont anyone answer my question about big daddy. hes a perfect example of someone that needed to have his ability to advertise to he general public limited

i know you dont want to play judge and jury im not saying you should for every little boi thread. that would be stupid.

faunas reputation is sometimes seen as the safe haven for the losers that got kicked off kingsnake.

as far as not having the time to regulate a little more what gos on on this site i find it hard to believe you dont have the time. every time ive swore in a thread ive got an infarction within an hour of doing so. so you have time to catch that but not time to deal with classified post that are clearly misrepresenting animals and so on.

again im not talking about strict rules for posting or banning everyone that gets a bad guy boi

but i think you could at least hand out infractions or red flag people that consistently practice bad business.

as for how to deal with the issues is where i think the problem is. its the set of guidelines and rule that must be established first.

1 i think you should at least investigate a little when evidences is shown that an add is deceptive. such as the ballistic balls post with one of my animals. i showed the snake in question here at my house. i had pics of the parents, it hatching out and so on. the genetics were shown to be not what he was advertising it as. and once that was dont the only action taken by the mods was basically telling people to stop harassing him about it. he was never told to remove the post. why? it was a direct attempt at deception on his part. just a few weeks earlier he had the same snake posted for sale as being what it was and it didnt sell so he posted it as something it wasnt.

i agree that going after every scammer after the fact would be a never ending battle.

but to do something about it before hand would go a long way.

if you had a disclaimer that your site would try to ensure that scammers would be held accountable for their actions in the form of infraction, losing their right to post and even being ban if their behavior continued. but at the same time said you can in no way police every single transaction that occurs. i think it would go a long way with the customer. i have to admit that it would deter to some extent some of scumbags from even using your site and with less of them that means less stupid boi,s that you guys get drug into all the time. in the beginning i think it would be a lot of work but in the long run i think it would lead to less headaches

as for the liability issue. bare in mind its a private site and you have your own set of rules like you keep reminding me every time i swear.

as for the word scammers being subjective i think that will lead to a useless argument of linguistics. and at the same time i think it also shows the value of the boi. if it cant be proven then the boi is there
Just in case you missed this when I posted it earlier in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Sorry, but no, and I've stated this MANY times over the years, we are not going to act as judges in incidents that we do not have any personal knowledge of. EVERYTHING is hearsay, when it comes right down to it. A person industrious enough can counterfeit any evidence that they care to. And certainly some do. Many get caught out, to their own detriment, but staff here is certainly not going to take on the burden and responsibility of spending our time and efforts to try to verify everything everyone posts in the BOI. We are NOT going to be judges in such matters. That is completely up to the readership to make up their own minds based on the opinions they form based on the evidence (real or otherwise) presented.

I'm sure some people would love to live in a world that is completely rubber baby buggy bumpered from one end to the next, top to bottom, but THIS site is just not that place. Members can swing a pretty sharp sword in the BOI, but soon learn that the blade certainly can cut both ways if their aim is not true.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #39
rodneynboalich
i think the main opposition to my opinion is the view in which its being looked at. the opposition comes from only seeing it from the side of the owners of the site and what it would mean for them to impose rules on business practices on their site. if you step back and look at it from the consumers point of view i think you would see something very different. so for everyone thats opposed to rules for banning in handing out infractions for people ripping people off on here or caught trying to do so. ask yourself this question if you were going to a store that was basically served as a medium for smaller stores or indiviuals to sell heir goods and when you got there there were two stores. and on the sign out front one said. we are a privately owned store that allows other to use our facility to market and sell their goods and we are in no why responsible for the actions carried out within. but the other sign said the same thing but added. but we will do are best to ensure that you receive the best possible goods and services by eliminate as much of the fraudulent behavior as we can. tell me which store are you going to walk into?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #40
rodneynboalich
so i can us pissing as much as i want and if its not why did you us pi$$ing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!