Allowing scammers and thieves to stay on Fauna! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #51
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
And I'll state my position more clearly in relation to classified ads here. NO, we are NOT going to try to verify that every seller and every buyer is legitimate on this site. We are NOT going to try to verify that they actually have the merchandise they advertise. We are NOT going to try to verify that they have the money to pay for purchases sent on promises of payment. We are NOT going to try to verify that the money order they sent is not counterfeit. We are NOT going to try to determine if their statements describing the merchandise they offer are accurate and truthful. We are NOT going to try to determine if the statements they made after receipt of any merchandise is truthful.

I'll be quite honest about it, anyone who even momentarily entertains the thought that we SHOULD do all the above really needs a reality adjustment done in a major way. You obviously don't have a clue about what would be involved to do such investigations, and furthermore it appears that your stance is such that you would rather have someone else do the work that YOU should do yourself prior to engaging in a transaction with someone else.

We are doing our best to provide people with the tools we hope are needed for them to make informed and rational decisions about who they do business with. But THEY have to use those tools. If they refuse to do the work necessary in order to accomplish that task, then I am sorry about the state of affairs they may find themselves in as a result, but that is their own darn fault, not ours.

So, in a nutshell, if you don't like the way things are done here, then don't use the facilities here. Go elsewhere more to your liking. No one is forcing anyone to come here, and those that choose to do so are expected to understand that THEY are responsible for their own actions. If they send money or merchandise to someone, they are completely responsible for that decision and any aftermath that may result.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRY TO HOLD YOUR HAND AND FORCE YOU TO ONLY MAKE GOOD DECISIONS (based on our definitions) THAT WE CHOOSE FOR YOU. WE ARE NEVER GOING TO MAKE THE CLAIM THAT EVERYONE DOING BUSINESS HERE IS PRE-APPROVED AND SAFE FOR YOU BY VIRTUE OF THEIR BEING HERE DOING BUSINESS.

If that is not SAFE enough for you, and/or you are unable to make rational, logical, well thought out decisions, well, THIS site is just not for you, in that case.

Now, if the above is STILL not clear enough for you, please read it over and over again until you finally understand what I am telling you.
so which store are you going to walk into

Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #52
jmwboas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
i would be more than glad to hand out some infraction to some people on here
The only problem with you being able to hand out infractions is, You would have to ban yourself because of your posts before you could even get to dealing with the scammers. You'd be banned and the scammers would still get away.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #53
WebSlave
Quote:
Sorry, but no, and I've stated this MANY times over the years, we are not going to act as judges in incidents that we do not have any personal knowledge of.

what about when yu have knowledge of the issue before hand when no sell has been made. what is your justification for not interceding when you someone is lying in an add.
I'm sorry, but I didn't get that crystal ball and lie detector that you apparently sent me. You may want to check the tracking number..........

Quote:
as for the pissing issue is there another words that according to social norms are typically considered profanity but are superseded by your own subjectivity. you know that same subjectivity you refused to employe since its such an issue in regrades to words like scammers that would cause you to back away do to the relativity of it.
Yes, my own subjectively concerning profanity applies here. How could it be any other way? I own this site and therefore make the rules for it. But I believe my choices of which words satisfy the common definition of profanity are pretty much in line with normal acceptance in a publicly viewable medium. Not everyone will agree, of course, but that's just the way it is.

As for being able to determine who is lying in a BOI thread, sorry, but I don't read all of the threads there, and those that I do, I am still not going to make a public judgment call accusing someone of lying unless I have first person involvement in the event. Just like everyone else, I am limited to reading what others are writing and calling "facts". I don't "know" anything about the situation, and can only form my own "opinion" based on what I am reading. I am not willing to place myself in legal jeopardy by calling someone a "liar", and acting on that judgment by banning them from here, and possibly wind up on the wrong side of a libel suit if it turns out I was wrong, basing my call on incomplete and/or inaccurate statements made by someone else. People making decisions to buy or not to buy based on a BOI thread are an entirely different kettle of fish compared to me making a judgment such as you desire me to do concerning their membership on this site.

Why is this concept so hard for you to grasp? Is there anyone else in your household that you can use to explain this to you in terms you understand?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #54
WebSlave
Quote:
so which store are you going to walk into
It appears to me your path is clear. So why don't you take it?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #55
WebSlave
Quote:
i would be more than glad to hand out some infraction to some people on here
I can guarantee that THAT is not going to happen here....

Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #56
WebSlave
Since this thread is obviously about policy, I am moving it to the Feedback Forum...

Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #57
rodneynboalich
Quote:
And I'll state my position more clearly in relation to classified ads here. NO, we are NOT going to try to verify that every seller and every buyer is legitimate on this site. We are NOT going to try to verify that they actually have the merchandise they advertise. We are NOT going to try to verify that they have the money to pay for purchases sent on promises of payment. We are NOT going to try to verify that the money order they sent is not counterfeit. We are NOT going to try to determine if their statements describing the merchandise they offer are accurate and truthful. We are NOT going to try to determine if the statements they made after receipt of any merchandise is truthful.

I'll be quite honest about it, anyone who even momentarily entertains the thought that we SHOULD do all the above really needs a reality adjustment done in a major way. You obviously don't have a clue about what would be involved to do such investigations, and furthermore it appears that your stance is such that you would rather have someone else do the work that YOU should do yourself prior to engaging in a transaction with someone else.

We are doing our best to provide people with the tools we hope are needed for them to make informed and rational decisions about who they do business with. But THEY have to use those tools. If they refuse to do the work necessary in order to accomplish that task, then I am sorry about the state of affairs they may find themselves in as a result, but that is their own darn fault, not ours.

So, in a nutshell, if you don't like the way things are done here, then don't use the facilities here. Go elsewhere more to your liking. No one is forcing anyone to come here, and those that choose to do so are expected to understand that THEY are responsible for their own actions. If they send money or merchandise to someone, they are completely responsible for that decision and any aftermath that may result.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRY TO HOLD YOUR HAND AND FORCE YOU TO ONLY MAKE GOOD DECISIONS (based on our definitions) THAT WE CHOOSE FOR YOU. WE ARE NEVER GOING TO MAKE THE CLAIM THAT EVERYONE DOING BUSINESS HERE IS PRE-APPROVED AND SAFE FOR YOU BY VIRTUE OF THEIR BEING HERE DOING BUSINESS.

If that is not SAFE enough for you, and/or you are unable to make rational, logical, well thought out decisions, well, THIS site is just not for you, in that case.

Now, if the above is STILL not clear enough for you, please read it over and over again until you finally understand what I am telling you.
unfortunately this is as a whole the way it is for most classifieds and shows. the people that own them are more than happy to have them are more than happy to take credit for them are more than happy to profit from them. but not take responsibility for them when they have a negative affect.

'I'll be quite honest about it, anyone who even momentarily entertains the thought that we SHOULD do all the above really needs a reality adjustment done in a major way. You obviously don't have a clue about what would be involved to do such investigations, and furthermore it appears that your stance is such that you would rather have someone else do the work that YOU should do yourself prior to engaging in a transaction with someone else'

i didnt say you should do all of the above you said that. im just saying couldnt you at least just say something to the person involved when its brought to your attention that there is a suspicious add posted and maybe ask the person posting it to explain themselves. you post was an exaggeration of what im suggesting and then you finished it up with the good old love it or leave it speech

Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #58
Focal
Quote:
im just saying couldnt you at least just say something to the person involved when its brought to your attention that there is a suspicious add posted and maybe ask the person posting it to explain themselves.
That's what the BOI is for and if the complainant has enough evidence to brand the ad "suspicious," then they should be the one making other people aware in the BOI. Again, you are asking for admin to play judges.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
im just saying couldnt you at least just say something to the person involved when its brought to your attention
At this point after all the explanations, I feel your misunderstanding is intentional, and I wonder how benign your intentions really are toward this site.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #60
rodneynboalich
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I didn't get that crystal ball and lie detector that you apparently sent me. You may want to check the tracking number..........

Yes, my own subjectively concerning profanity applies here. How could it be any other way? I own this site and therefore make the rules for it. But I believe my choices of which words satisfy the common definition of profanity are pretty much in line with normal acceptance in a publicly viewable medium. Not everyone will agree, of course, but that's just the way it is.

As for being able to determine who is lying in a BOI thread, sorry, but I don't read all of the threads there, and those that I do, I am still not going to make a public judgment call accusing someone of lying unless I have first person involvement in the event. Just like everyone else, I am limited to reading what others are writing and calling "facts". I don't "know" anything about the situation, and can only form my own "opinion" based on what I am reading. I am not willing to place myself in legal jeopardy by calling someone a "liar", and acting on that judgment by banning them from here, and possibly wind up on the wrong side of a libel suit if it turns out I was wrong, basing my call on incomplete and/or inaccurate statements made by someone else. People making decisions to buy or not to buy based on a BOI thread are an entirely different kettle of fish compared to me making a judgment such as you desire me to do concerning their membership on this site.

Why is this concept so hard for you to grasp? Is there anyone else in your household that you can use to explain this to you in terms you understand?
"As for being able to determine who is lying in a BOI thread, sorry, but I don't read all of the threads there, and those that I do, I am still not going to make a public judgment call accusing someone of lying unless I have first person involvement in the event. Just like everyone else, I am limited to reading what others are writing and calling "facts". I don't "know" anything about the situation, and can only form my own "opinion" based on what I am reading."

ok what if you are the first person and you are the one that got ripped off. how do you handle it. do you simply post a boi and let people know and continue to let them post on your site or do you take further action and try to spare everyone else from repeating your mishap

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!