here it's HOT!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
nazzza
here it's HOT!!!

No,
my indigos are not breeding ....
here it's really hot this year, we are about 6-9°C (39-48 F) higher that medium temps for this months, and seems that temps will not go down soon.
I think Tony wrote a post about heating of heart... however I hope this will not affect my little-big babies breeding
What about your climate?
ciao
nazzza

Old 10-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
keepergale
Nice and warm in San Diego too. 81F today I guess thats about 27C.
Everyone is eating not breeding.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
thesnakeman
It's called Global Warming. We must change the way we take care of our planet. If not, we will pay the price for our greed, and our thirst for power. It was hot in Missouri yesterday too. about 82 degrees. We should have snow by now, but instead, I'm running around in shorts, and T-shirt. I'm not breeding my indigos this year. But if I were, I would turn on the air conditioner!
T.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
Eric East
No such thing as man made global warming.
The planet has undergone warming and cooling patterns throughout history, long before man was driving cars.
I wont argue that temps are a bit warmer, but it's just a natural cycle and there's nothing we can do about it. As far as snow on Halloween goes, I am 40 years old and don't recall it ever snowing on Halloween. But I do remember it being cold sometimes and warm others; and often rainy, even as a child.
Nazza said it's in the 30's and 40's I hardly call that warm.
By the way yesterdays high was like 71 here but our news report showed the all time high for that day as being 90 and that was back in 1950.

Eric

Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
BWSmith
Can't we just blame Canada and call it a day?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
keepergale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric East
No such thing as man made global warming.
The planet has undergone warming and cooling patterns throughout history, long before man was driving cars.
I wont argue that temps are a bit warmer, but it's just a natural cycle and there's nothing we can do about it.

Eric

Old 10-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
daveb
Eric-
After reading the post, to me, I think that Nazzza is saying that the temps are 30- 40 degrees higher than average- I think that would be Hot!!! However, I do not know where Nazzza lives in order to check it out on the weather page.
DaveB

Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #8
Ecarinata
I think he's saying it's about 6-9°C higher than normal which is 7-16°F (versus his direct conversion to Fahrenheit)

Old 10-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
thesnakeman
Let's just keep arguing wether or not global warming is caused by us or not, and wether or not we should do something about it. Yah, that's it. Meanwhile our troops are dying so we can have the oil we think we need, and the pollution we are putting into the atmosphere can go ahead and pollute the oceans completely with sulfur dioxide, and mercury. Which is why we are being told to be careful about how much sea food we can safely eat now. And as far as Eric, and his crew are concerned it shouldn't matter who's right and who's wrong anyway, because the end times are upon us, and Jesus is going to come and take him and all his buddies to heaven any day now. So it shouldn't matter to them what happens. Yes, let's just keep arguing over wether or not we should loose our dependence on oil, and stop killing the only planet we have. Just keep buying those Detroit gas guzzlers while the polar ice caps melt, and the sea level rises, and floods over about 95% of wild indigo habitat. Hell if it gets warm enough we can start a new wild indigo population in Iowa. Does anyone know what happend to the Incas? They changed their own environment so much, from burning wood to make ash for stucco buildings, that they could no longer grow their crops. That's a scientific fact. We are killing the planet on which we live, and anyone who can't see that should pull their cranial unit out of their forth point of contact. Even if I'm wrong about global warming, all the crap we are putting into the atmosphere goes into the oceans and across the land. And it can't be good! Ask yourselves this,...what would it hurt to develop clean sources of energy, and leave the oil, and coal in the ground? Would it kill us to leave our gas guzzlers and demand that Detroit build cleaner, more economical vehicles? They could if we did. Would it kill us to give up all that power and speed? Would it hurt to enact all these changes? Nope. What will it hurt if we don't enact all these changes? And if you believe in the rapture, don't even worry about it. You won't be here much longer anyway,...right? So what do you care? Whatever you believe about God, and or religion, you can't possibly believe that we were put here to destroy this planet. And that is exactly what we are doing. And when things get really really bad,...and they will, then what? Will we still be arguing over what needs to be done about it? I don't care who you are or what you believe in, you can't possibly believe that we are on the right track now. You can't possibly believe that the burning of fossil fuels has not had a negative effect on the environment, wether it's global warming, or the effects of pollution in the seas, and on the land. If you disagree, then you are simply in denial. The end times are comming alright, but Jesus ain't gonna save us. We have to stop arguing, and save ourselves.
T.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
Eric East
Tony,

You've been in my home on 2 occasions and I consider you a friend.
I know we have differing religious beliefs but i've not demeaned yours or tried to force mine on you.
It's ok if we disagree on religion or on the issue of global warming, but i'm gonna tell you right now that I do not appreciate you constantly making fun of my religious beliefs! What does that have to do with my views on global warming? Grow up dude!

Eric

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!