Robert Mosko - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:32 PM   #11
MarcAntony
Just for informational purposes:

There is a Pet Mart at 610 East Main Street, Batavia, NY, 14020.
Telephone 585-345-1114

My sister visited the store, and talked to the owner, who appeared to be very knowledgable. My sister said it is a new, clean, well stocked store, that seems to be well run. She also said that the owner appears to have invested a huge amount of money into opening it. My sister isn't a reptile person, but does have birds. She bought some new bird cages and other supplies while there. Take this information for what it is worth.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:45 PM   #12
MarcAntony
I'm also wondering what Robert is going to report to the police? "Someone said something bad about me on the web"? I have some contacts with some of the law enforcement agencies in Genesee County (which Batavia is in), and I don't think any of them would see any merits in criminal charges for anything that has transpired. I'm also interested in what "police academy" Robert is entering in January. I don't think that anyone running these academies would be amused with his "threats" of involving law enforcement officials in this issue. That's not a very good start for a future law officer.

Old 12-23-2002, 03:24 PM   #13
RollTheBoas
Question just wondering

what the exact purpose of this initial thread was? reading it back and forth just reminds me of 2 kids bickering....

Old 12-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #14
MarcAntony
I think the initial post was wondering why one person was selling all of his animals because he was moving, and at the same time making posts soliciting to buy more animals at wholesale prices, "for his pet store". At least that what I understood the issue was.

Old 12-23-2002, 07:49 PM   #15
rob342000
Hi!

I have never ripped anyone off especially when it comes to reptiles. So I don't know why you are spreading my name around saying I have ripped people off because I haven't nor will I ever. About my ignorance to the law, I have charged shadow1 with harassment because of all the e-mails he sent me with vulger language towards me. So I know the law. I have not done anything wrong except say that I was the owner of the petshop and my boss the owner told me to so I can make all the arrangements to find a wholesaler to supply his store. I have never done anything wrong and have sold hundreds of reptiles to people over the net without any complaints. Shadow1 was suppose to come to Batavia today and see the store that I work at bit her never showed up. I told me boss all about this and he welcomes this kid to come to his store but he never showed upo. Like I said the only thing I did was say that I owned the store which I don't but my boss told me to do that to find a wholesaler. So to who ever this offended I'm sorry but I don't think I deserve all of this. I never sold a reptile to shadow1 so he has nothing to complain about when it comes to me. Again if I offended any body by this I'm sorry.

Thank You,
Rob

Old 12-23-2002, 07:49 PM   #16
rob342000
Hi!

I have never ripped anyone off especially when it comes to reptiles. So I don't know why you are spreading my name around saying I have ripped people off because I haven't nor will I ever. About my ignorance to the law, I have charged shadow1 with harassment because of all the e-mails he sent me with vulger language towards me. So I know the law. I have not done anything wrong except say that I was the owner of the petshop and my boss the owner told me to so I can make all the arrangements to find a wholesaler to supply his store. I have never done anything wrong and have sold hundreds of reptiles to people over the net without any complaints. Shadow1 was suppose to come to Batavia today and see the store that I work at bit her never showed up. I told me boss all about this and he welcomes this kid to come to his store but he never showed upo. Like I said the only thing I did was say that I owned the store which I don't but my boss told me to do that to find a wholesaler. So to who ever this offended I'm sorry but I don't think I deserve all of this. I never sold a reptile to shadow1 so he has nothing to complain about when it comes to me. Again if I offended any body by this I'm sorry.

Thank You,
Rob

Old 12-23-2002, 08:21 PM   #17
Clay Davenport
Rob and I exchanged about 30 emails this past spring. He was looking to buy a trio of adult dragons I had for sale, but elected not to. Since we never actually did buisness, I am unable to offer any input concerning him as a buyer or seller, but a few of the things he said in our conversations I believe have relevance here.

I have all the emails archived, and if anyone requires the headers I will supply them, but for now in the interest of saving space I will just quote some of his comments from his emails to me.

Quote:
Do you have any adult Bearded Dragons for sale? Also what do you need so I can get wholesale prices from you, tax id? I just opened up a 17,000 square foot pet store in Buffalo New York. I'm always looking for whole salers.
Quote:
I will get you my ID # ASA. I'm not really interested in snakes, hard to sell in New York. But I'm willing to buy entire clitches at a time for the right price. I have 6 stores that have been up and running for over 10 years, I just opened my new one almost a year ago.
Quote:
I breed Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos, and 18 types of chameleons.
Quote:
That's nice you got 9 years of experience with dragons but I have been breedin them for just about 24 years, so I know what I'm talking about.
And the last quote, just in case you doubt the previous ones:

Quote:
One thing I don't do is lie.
Take this as you will, I'm merely relating my experience. The further details of our correspondence are not really relevant to the topic at hand so I will not elaborate on it further unless Mr. Mosko chooses to do so.

Old 12-23-2002, 09:15 PM   #18
ms_terese
Quote:
I think the initial post was wondering why one person was selling all of his animals because he was moving, and at the same time making posts soliciting to buy more animals at wholesale prices, "for his pet store".
Quote:
The further details of our correspondence are not really relevant to the topic at hand so I will not elaborate on it further unless Mr. Mosko chooses to do so.
I think that what seem to be extreme inconsistencies in what Mr. Mosko communicates to people in order to best serve his purpose is precisely what is relevant.

Thanks for the input.

Old 12-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #19
Rob @ RK Reptiles
First off,

I contacted Robert about my wholesale price list. He led me to believe that he was the owner of the store as well. Then when he received my wholesale price list said my prices were too high and he was getting animals for half or less than half of what my prices were. He also made a comment
Quote:
I can go down to Florida and pick my reptiles off of the ships that come in but I don't want to have to go to Florida 2 to 3 times in a month, I live in NY so it would be costly.
He said he was told that Reptiles come in by Boat. Reptiles arrive via Air Cargo and not on Boats. He then basically started asking me about other wholesalers in the State of FLorida. Also he asked me
Quote:
Do you ever get in Veilds? What other types of reptiles do you get in. When you get the Veilds in are they wild caught?
This proved to me that he did not even look at my wholesale Price list which is in .doc format. On my price list I have listed sub-adult Sunburst and Blue Veileds in quantities at great prices. Something does not flow right with him and his supposed store. With all the deception on the store from the begining to inquiries about other wholesalers something does not sound Legitimate.

Old 12-23-2002, 11:27 PM   #20
Ken Harbart
Interesting to say the least. Although you are not accused of misrepresenting animals, you have misrepresented your position and experience. This is just as serious a matter for two reasons: 1) how you represent yourself is just as important as how you represent your animals- it is also yourself that you are "selling" to potential customers. 2) If you indeed have aspirations of law enforcement, you need to maintain a level of integrity that is above reproach.

The misrepresentation of position has been covered in-depth, so we'll move on to that of experience...
Quote:
That's nice you got 9 years of experience with dragons but I have been breedin them for just about 24 years, so I know what I'm talking about.
Considering that bearded dragons have only been in the US for a little less than 20 years, and in the retail trade around 15 years, that's an outstanding feat! And all this time we thought it was Ron Tremper who was responsible for introducing beardeds to American herpetoculture.

On to a bit of overly simplified legal education...
Quote:
I have charged shadow1 with harassment because of all the e-mails he sent me with vulger language towards me. So I know the law
If you "know the law", then you know that it is the District Attorney that charges a citizen with a crime, based upon evidence supplied by the investigating law enforcement agency. In this case, you are alleging the crime of "Aggrevated Harassment in the Second Degree," which is a Class A midemeanor.

For this to actually become a criminal case, the law enforcement agency must first determine, based on the evidence, that a crime was actually commited. A key element of the statute covereing aggrevated harassment is intent.

If the investigating agency determines that there exists probable cause to believe a crime has been commited, they will then refer the matter to the DA. At his/her discretion, the DA will determine if a charge is warranted. DA's can decline filing charges for many reasons, including the matter being a waste of time and resources.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!