Bad Guy BadGuy- Johns Herps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
phicks48
BadGuy- Johns Herps

i bought a pair of Publens from him at a tampa reptile show a few months back the females not any good . she has trouble laying eggs. ive called and wrote many times he wont answer me back. Phicks48

Old 06-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by phicks48 View Post
i bought a pair of Publens from him at a tampa reptile show a few months back the females not any good . she has trouble laying eggs. ive called and wrote many times he wont answer me back. Phicks48
How is this his fault?
Did she become eggbound?
Did she not take when bred?
You need to explain a little bit more.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
reptile_jones
Quote:
What is the age of the female? Too young or to old could have been the problem.

Her weight before breeding her?

Even if she is in her prime I still don't see how this is Johns Herps fault. To only have a "few months" to adjust to her new home could have caused the problem with egg laying.

With what little in info you have given at this time he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Dusty Jones

Old 06-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Ken Foose
Even when I sell a proven pair of snakes that I know will produce viable eggs and offspring, I never guarantee they will breed or lay eggs. There are too many variables out of my control for that.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Uh, you're kidding right? The seller has done his part and obviously had nice enough animals for you to purchase them. If they have been in your care for a few months then the seller has no further obligation to you.

Have you taken her to a qualified reptile vet? Egg binding can kill your girl.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
Even when I sell a proven pair of snakes that I know will produce viable eggs and offspring, I never guarantee they will breed or lay eggs. There are too many variables out of my control for that.
100%

Old 06-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
scaledverts
Quote:
What do you expect him to do, give you another snake? Eggbinding is almost always the fault of the keeper not enough humidity, not enough food, not enough calcium, etc. The way I see it you bought a snake from him and tried to breed it right away (couple months equals gestation for Pueblans). As other's have stated, how old were the snakes, what was the females weight, how long did you wait to breed them after getting them home, after you did bred them how much did you feed the female, etc?

Most guarantees are good for 24-48 hours, a few days TOPS. I have done business with John multiple times, and have always received high quality animals and good service. In my opinion, what you have posted thus far is NO WHERE NEAR enough to justify a BAD GUY post. In fact, thus far all that is justified is a unreasonable buyer.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
DAND
Quote:
Maybe he is waiting until he can stop laughing.

Seriously, you expect him to answer you with anything other than questioning if you hit your head recently?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!