Fed Ex and Kinkos - Anyone ever have this happen? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
SPJ
Fed Ex and Kinkos - Anyone ever have this happen?

Fed Ex will not pick up ground packages like they do when I have express ones, so I need to bring them to a drop off location. I printed shipping labels, put them on the boxes, dropped them off at Kinkos, and now a few days later, the tracking numbers don't show up.

How long a lag between the Kinkos scan and the update to the Fed Ex site? They scanned the boxes right in front of me. I have a customer who is trying to track these items and the tracking numbers don't work.

Do I just say keep waiting, eventually the system will be updated? I called and the boxes are no longer at Kinkos.

This was a very expensive shipment that I cannot afford to have "disappear" on me.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Junkyard
Sounds like a good reason to call FedEx, not Kinkos and find your boxes. Did you get insurance for the boxes?

Old 12-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
coyote
You know, I just made a purchase and the item was to be shipped USPS Priority. I received a tracking number and haven't been able to get any information on my package using that number. I keep getting a message saying nothing more than USPS was notified to expect to receive the package for shipping on Dec 17.

I don't know what is going on, but I hate this.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
SPJ
They are insured but Fed Ex ground for home delivery only allows $100 max. 2 boxes were worth $100 each, and 2 boxes were $200 each.

I called Fed Ex. They were no help. All I got out of them was that the tracking numbers are not in the system. Gee Einstien, I knew THAT, why do you think I called?

I was told by Fed Ex that I HAD to bring them to Kinkos because that was the drop off location and since they were ground shipments their drivers would not pick them up for me.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
You know, I just made a purchase and the item was to be shipped USPS Priority. I received a tracking number and haven't been able to get any information on my package using that number. I keep getting a message saying nothing more than USPS was notified to expect to receive the package for shipping on Dec 17.

I don't know what is going on, but I hate this.
USPS only uses a tracking system to infor customers when the packages arrive, nothing more. So when you get your stuff the system will be updated that the package arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
They are insured but Fed Ex ground for home delivery only allows $100 max. 2 boxes were worth $100 each, and 2 boxes were $200 each.

I called Fed Ex. They were no help. All I got out of them was that the tracking numbers are not in the system. Gee Einstien, I knew THAT, why do you think I called?

I was told by Fed Ex that I HAD to bring them to Kinkos because that was the drop off location and since they were ground shipments their drivers would not pick them up for me.
As far as being the brightest, the most their bulb will ever be able to light up is a brown bag. Do you still have the receipt? Does FedEx give you the option of keeping a copy of the labels you printed? Being so close to Christmas, just about everything can go wrong. I have a hypo boa coming tomorrow, I sure hope FedEx does not mess up.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
SPJ
Everything was prepared online so I have the tracking numbers in my online folder and I also printed copies of everything.

The thing is, the boxes are 36 inches x 20 inches x 20 inches. How in the world do you misplace multiple items that large?

The hypo should arrive fine for you. It seems that the overnight and ground are 2 seperate companies within Fed Ex and the ground side needs some work.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #7
Junkyard
You should go back to Kinkos and sift through their boxes until you find yours. It is probably sitting in the back upside down.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM   #8
starwarsdad
When using FedEx ground in the past, I have had shipments that did not show up in the system until about the same time they were delivered. I drop mine off at a FedEx station to boot.....

Old 12-20-2005, 02:40 AM   #9
Xelda
It takes a few days for the tracking number to show up on your FedEx account page, but the numbers should work on the track & confirm search function, assuming everything went smoothly.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:34 PM   #10
SPJ
Just great.

3 of the packages arrived and 1 of them is damaged so now I need to issue a refund and then put in a claim.

1 package still shows as being in CT. Great. Why does it still say it's here? That one better not be lost.

Fed Ex overnight is good but Fed Ex ground is terrible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!