JOHN CONSTANTINU-THE WORST of the worst - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:37 AM   #1
crassicollis45
JOHN CONSTANTINU-THE WORST of the worst

I would like to warn everyone about John Constantinu aka MR.JOHN.On December 19,2003 I mailed him a money order for $200.00.It was for 4 reeves and 3 chinese yellowpond turtles.He told me each hatchling was $25.00 and the shipping would be $25.00 too.We had had few conversations on the telephone and seemed to have hit it off.He told me he was NOT into making alot of money off the turtles.HE JUst wanted them to go into the right hands like someone like me.HE DID TELL ME TO CONTACT HIM after the 7th of January because he was going to be away for the holidays.He told me he would not be able to ship the turtles to me until then.So I did call him back up after January 7th.He told me he received the payment and THANKED ME!HE THEN TOLD ME THAT THE WEATHER IN NEW YORK(WHERE I LIVE )WAS SO COLD(IT WAS) that we should postpone the shipment for at least one month!WELL,THINKING THE BEST IN ALL HUMAN BEINGS,I THOUGHT THIS GuY WAS THE SALT OF THE EARTH,THat HE WAS SO CONCERNED FOR THE TURTLES.HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS GoiNG TO SEND ME an email when he was going to ship out the turtles.SO I WAITED UNTIL the first week of MARCH.He answered my telehone call in a rush,HIS RESPOSE WAS THAT HE COULD NOT SPEAK BECAUSE OF A VERY IMPORTANT BUSINESS MEETING>HE TOLD ME TO CALL HIM BACK IN HOUR>.NO REPLY AFter that.AS A MATTER OF FACT NO REPLY AT ALL FOR THE NEXT 6 WEEKS FROM MY EMAIL OR TELEPHONE CALLS.IT WAS UnTIL I called FROM A PAYPHONE THAT HE PICKED UP>HE TOLD ME HE WAS SO SORY THAT HIS MOTHER PASSED AWay AND WAS AN EMOTIONAL WRECK>.He then told me that he would mail them out right .THAT I WOULD RECeive them in the morning,WELL<TAKE A GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.NOTHING THAT IS What.SO I THEN STArted to make inquiries on him on TURTLE TIMES<MANY PEOPLE replied to me with contact information.Some even ran into him and mentioned me.His reply was to them was to say that I was crazy or that he was going to mail a check to me.ONE PARTICULAR GUY Was NICE ENOUGH To call him 5 times .ANOTHER WAS WILLING TO COLLECT THE MONEY FROM HIM HIMSELF AND HOLD IT FOR ME.TO EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED ME THANKS!HE STILL IS ON THE RUN RIGHT NOW>I WISH THERE WAS SOMEway I could prevent him from ever being on KINGSNAKE>COM AGAIN.SINCE I HAVE inquired about him I HAVE HEARD NOTHING GOOD ABOUT HIM.HERE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS I WAS TOLD ABOUT HIM: 1,)HE RIPPED OFF SOMEONE IN FRANCE FOR OVER THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS!HE TOLD SOMEONE THAT IS WHAT FRANCE DESERVES FOR NOT BACKING UP THE USA IN IRAQ >PLEASE!2)HE marks down his prices alot lower than other dealers.SO HE CAN GET THE SALE AT A SHOW.One way THAT IT IS KNOWN HE IS aBLE TO DO THIS IS FOR ILLeGAL POACHING OF SPOTTEd TURTLES AND SPOTTED SALAMANDERS on a regular basis.3)HE HAS SOLD sick ANIMALs and told buyers that they are captive born.4)HE IS KNOWN TO RIP OFF PEOPLE for many years. I URGE EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM BAD EGG.PLEASE LIST ALL YOUR HORROR STories about this SIMPLY SHADY SHEISTER>

Old 07-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
dzoo
Did you get them?

>>he would mail them out right .THAT I WOULD RECeive them in the morning<<

So, did you get them or not? If not did you get a refund?

If this is Mr. John of Mr.John's farm I bought some turtles and albino GT frogs from him a while back and had no problems but perhaps things have changed.........

Old 07-14-2004, 05:42 AM   #3
crassicollis45
John Constantinu

NO!IAM STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND.JOHN TOLD ME THE TURTLES GOT SICK BECAUSE HE WAS NOT TAKING CARE OF THEM.THis guy is known only to rip people off in the mail.It is because he can get away with it.Iam far away from him.You are not.I have come to the conclusion I will never receive the money or the turtles.Only if I was to confront him in person.I heard he is Big.Well,Iam big too.He is flabby fat.Iam solid body building muscle.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #4
Bill_Leverton
William. Where is he located Im upstate NY maybe I can Be of some help

Old 07-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
Jeff Schofield
I had a similar experience-see other post

John has taken me for $250 since february.He was supposed to send just some local wc stuff(female yellow rats) but has come up with just about every excuse.Being sick,not having the animals,bad weather you name it.My thread is on here --see mrjohnsfarm....He has kept in touch but though he has told me he was going to ship at least 5 times,no animals have arrived.I keep hoping that when we change the deal(for animals I can use this time of year)that he will come through--he hasnt.Good luck getting anything from this guy.Jeff

Old 07-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #6
crassicollis45
Constantinu the crook

Hi,Bill and Jerry! Thanks for your replies.Bill,I believe Constantinu is located in Port Richie ,Florida.Jerry,Iam sorry to hear you have been ripped off too.He has done the same thing to me too.Make up some sorry excuses !Like he is very sick,his mother is sick,the animals are no longer available.I even had someone call him that lives close to him.Well,I have come to the conclusion after 7 months Iam not getting the $200.00 back.As everyone can see this guy is a low life.To begin all those SPOTTED TURTLES and SPOTTED SALAMANDERS he is selling are ILLEGALLY caught.He figures someone that is far away from him is not going to do anything.Well,He does not know what I look like.When i go to the next major show in Florida and I find out who he is.Let me tell you this he is going to be in shock.I will not tell him who Iam.He will know who Iam when he suddenly gets a hard smack across his face.He can keep the $200.00.I will let the thief keep what he wants in exchange for doing this to him.He messed with the wrong person.He has no clue whatsoever.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:22 PM   #7
john 5
i am mrjohnsfarm

Bill get your story right. 1st my mom is a live. And I can not belive you are saying I told you she was dead. 2nd it took me 3 months to get a hold of you to ship. I was the one that wanted to send a refund and I did I have e-mailed you time after time asking why you have not cashed check. I am so happy I did not send money order like you begged me to. Plus it would be nice to have a phone number to reach you. There is no way I am sending you more money until you tell me where my check is since I know it got delivered to you. And about france what are you talking about I have never ever talked to any one in france and about spotted salamanders and spotted turtles. I only get them from legal states ask your friend Jeff who is mad at me for not returning his calls to sell me 24 illegai spotted turtles from mass. Jeff are you fish and wildlife or just plain stupid calling me every day to sell me illegal spotted turtles. If you are not fish and wildlife I guess I sould call them and let them know about them. Jeff do the right thing and let them go. And I will still send you the 2 cb southern hognoses you want. Once they hatch. But if you keep this complaining up you will get nothing, if I keep getting ripped buy you I might as well deserve it. And bill I hope you can back up the illegal animal and france lies because I know you can't and I am sure my lawyer will prove you can't. Everyone please consider this Would you send more money to someone in big city who only calls from a payphone and who you know for sure got your check. And once you settle what you are going to send jeff, the 2 cb hognoses, would you take his calls about selling you illegal turtles. Jeff you will hear from me when the snakes hatch to set up shipping. Please do not contact me anymore. And bill e-mail a number to call you at, and please be ready to explain were my check is. And shame on you for the lie about my mother.
John
Mr John's Farm

Old 07-17-2004, 12:27 AM   #8
RosendoP
Mr. John

Hello all. I have read all the previous posts and feel i should put my two sense in. I have been dealing with Mr. John for a few years now. I have made numerous transactions with him and NEVER had a problem. I have been to his home on many occasions and will say that his set up is very professional and that his animals are all healthy and maintained accordingly. I have always been allowed to hand select all of the animals I purchased and to this day have never had as much as one animal get sick or die from his stock. I will also go as far to say that whoever it was that accused him of catching and selling illegal turtles and salamanders is completly wrong. John is a very straight forward and honest business man. As for the man who started this post.. I am the person you contacted to get in touch with Mr. John. You contacted me via phone from a payphone. I personally asked you for a telephone number that you could be reached at and all that was given to me was a beeper number. I passed that number along to John and when he tried to reach you, there was no return phone call. I personally called him and told him that you would be calling within the next ten minutes and to keep the phone by him. He called back twenty minutes later to tell me that you had still not called. I spoke with you several times that day if you recall. I have also been present at Mr. John's home when he spoke with you. I was their when he sent you the check for your refund. Now you personally told me that you did in fact get in touch with John later on that week and agreed upon a refund. Which is the check that was sent but never cashed. So the question is what happened to the money? Now I am not trying to cause problems with anyone, but seeing as you contacted me I figured it would be alright to get involved. I would request that you contact me and we can get this squared away as you said in our phone conversations. If you still have my number, call me. If not, email me and I will send it to you so we can clean this mess up.

Old 07-17-2004, 01:11 AM   #9
Otter_23
Cancel the previous check and send a new one. I think you can get the new one verified through the post office when sent.

Old 07-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #10
yosi
He does have a bad reputation

I know at least 5 reputable people(No names mentioned) that have mentioned he(Constantinu) does indeed collect reptiles and amphibians from the wild.There is something very sleazy about the way he does present himself.Ask any major dealers at a Florida reptile show about him.If one or two people say something bad about you.That is one thing.Alot of people have said something bad about him though.I would love to name names of course.It would not be the right thing to do though.I have heard him taking people's money though.That he was not to be trusted by mail.Buying stuff through this guy in person does not mean anything.Who the hell is going to try to rip off someone in person?Ask around about this guy's mail oder business.It really does suck.Plus,he has the reputation of picking up animals from others and paying them back months later.No disrespect to the guy that is his friend.You live near him obviously.You are not far away.He cannot rip you off.Personally,Knowing what I know FOR CERTAIN I would not buy from him for illegally collecting.I do not know Jeff or Bill.I do not doubt them at all though.I have heard too much about him through the grapevine.I applaud these guys for taking a stand against him.Like I said ask about him at the next major show from other dealers.The customers wont be able to tell you anything because they are not mail oder.Those are the ones he is known to rip off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!