Bad Guy Daniel Christian - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Levi4turtle
Daniel Christian

This guy is trying to sell eastern box turtles as 3 toed and selling illegally caught turtles here on this site. I got in trouble for calling him a name and got told I will get kicked off the site but the guy #1 illegal action taking protected turtles out of the habitat #2 illegal action selling them in a state where there illegal to own or sell. I get in trouble for calling him a name and he's lying on his ad and doing illegal activity and he is ok. Seems like that's a little a**backwards. I am very upset that a guy can lie do illegal crap and I'm the one getting in trouble WOW tell me that is not wrong. Don't ever buy from this guy or you will be making a illegal buy even if you buy them and they are ok in your state, you still can get in trouble. So beware of buyer and watch what you say on here they might ban you but will let people do illegal stuff all day long.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Who is this post about? The seller? You or the admins? You seem to be more focused on your reprimand than the actions of the seller

Old 04-17-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Pasodama
Link, to Ad, is here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=526808

Those are, certainly, not Three Toed Box turtles.
I love how the one foot, that could have shown the entire rear foot, is cut, or cropped, off. LoL

At any rate, those are Eastern Box turtles and they are, indeed, illegal to sell, trade, etc., and illegal to possess (without a permit) here in Ohio.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Pasodama
That = *where it

Old 04-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi4turtle View Post
and watch what you say on here they might ban you but will let people do illegal stuff all day long.
You can get banned, justifiably, for violating site rules. Whether something is legal or not is not always black or white, and you should not expect the site staff to interpret the law or to enforce your opinion of a certain situation.

Stop whining.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
Pasodama
BTW Scott, it is in the site rules that you cannot, among other things, "call people (derogatory) names". That is what, I am sure, the mods were addressing.
They did not address the issue, that you had with the seller, because their job is, solely, to make sure that members follow site rules.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
Pasodama
As with anything, everywhere, Caveat Emptor applies.
This site is no different.
However, this site does offer tool/s for research on a person/business.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #8
cindy thomson
Scott thanks for your concern about Eastern Box turtles. Why don't you call the DEM of the state where he is located.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #9
hhmoore
I thought you were going to address your concerns in the proper forum, Mr David? Seems that you devoted a couple of sentences, at best, to the subject of this thread...the rest is disruptive and off-topic to this thread (you seem to have a flair for that. If you want to discuss your infraction, or the policies of this site (which would include moderator responses to reported posts, how we address problems, and the matter of "illegal animals") take it to the Fauna Feedback Forum. When you do, as a matter of personal interest, I would like you to show me where you were told you would be kicked off the site.

*Be advised, if you decide you can't be bothered to take those issues to the proper forum, there's a very good chance that I will start the thread and use your antics as examples.
In the meantime, I suggest that you limit your posting in this thread to the topic of Daniel Christian

Old 04-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #10
Robert Walker
A general thought:
Sometimes when posts are reported, the person reporting the post is over zealous in seeing an all guns blazing immediate response. It is an erroneous thought process to assume that all "reported posts" are in violation of site rules. It is equally erroneous to assume that nothing is being done about a situation. In many cases, items are being silently worked on in the background.

While someone else might be doing things you think are wrong, in the meantime, it is not wise to shot yourself in the foot by also doing things to get yourself infractions. Mixing a little strategy in with tactics is advisable. Plenty of members warn others about potential scams without getting infractions in the process. Curious if something is being worked on in the background? Here is a little well keep secret... there is a thing called "private message", you are welcome to ask.

Taking jabs at the staff/site/others only gets someone so far before all bridges are burned and behind scenes volunteer work decides to magically dry up. Count to 100, use some strategy & tactics and see if sweet doesn't get folks further than sour.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!