Does anyone use Fluker Farms for crickets?... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
StinaUIUC
Does anyone use Fluker Farms for crickets?...

I've heard some bad things...but not much recently (other than the reptibid thing on the BIO which I just saw a couple minutes ago...I did go for the free crickets btw...we'll see what happens with that...). I'm just wondering if anyone uses them, and if so, if they include shipping in their prices. If they're basically bad news and should be avoided...or if shipping isn't included or costs more than about $4...does anyone know of anyplace fairly inexpensive, but also reliable. The best I've found so far is www.superwormfarm.com. I DID search the forum for ideas, but most of the suppliers mentioned are either very far away and therefore have HIGH shipping, or are just expensive. btw I'm in NJ...I'll appreciate any responses! I just dont' want to spend $10 on 100 crickets when I can spend a couple dollars more for 500 crickets at a time...

Old 06-05-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
hill4803
stina...

do a search on the BOI. I don't know anything about these guys. I use Armstrong's.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
StinaUIUC
I did a search there...all of the stuff I came up with was from 2003 and not related to the quality of thier feeders.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
MattP
I highely recommend these guys,

www.bcrcricket.com

They have awesome customer service. I bought a 1000 crickets and they died due to my own error, but they still sent me an extra 1000 on my next order for FREE.

They also have the best prices, and shipping is good too.....

Check'em out,

Matt

Old 06-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #5
StinaUIUC
Thanks for the suggestion Matt...superwormfarm is actually slightly cheaper though (and I've heard good about them), so unless I hear something about Fluker I will probably go with them.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:16 PM   #6
MattP
The reason I use these guys too is because shipping is only $2.00 if you live in CA and I live in CA.

So yeah, Good for me...........blah, blah, bla

Old 06-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #7
StinaUIUC
LOL

well I live in NJ......so shipping would NOT cost me $2...lol

Old 06-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #8
ragnew
Christina...

Hi, I have used Flukers once before and I will not use them again. I'm now using armstrong crickets and they are GREAT!!!

Do another search on the BOI and you'll see a post I did on my experience with their feeders.

Or you can email me and I'll be more then happy to let you know what happened....

EDIT : OOPS!! I totally forgot that they have that nifty little email button on the bottom of the page...

Old 06-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #9
Xelda
Yup, I wouldn't recommend purchasing Fluker crickets even if that would save you a few bucks. Superwormfarm is great. I remember somebody from KS (I think it was Jag) saying she was impressed when she visited the facility. They feed the crickets fresh vegetables, and apparently the workers are Amish women who take their job very seriously. That's just what I've heard. I've ordered from them several times and they are very good with packaging and timely shipping. Customer service isn't the best though.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #10
StinaUIUC
well I won't be using flukers...lol I think I'll go with either armstrong or superworm farm...depending on if I want to get gutload at the same time...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!