Ebates - as good as free money. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
bcr229
I tried to use it last night since I had an order to place with Amazon anyway but the redirect from the ebates site to Amazon kept dying on me. Could have been my crappy ISP though.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I tried to use it last night since I had an order to place with Amazon anyway but the redirect from the ebates site to Amazon kept dying on me. Could have been my crappy ISP though.
Sorry, but I believe that Amazon doesn't use Ebates. Which doesn't affect me personally, because I refuse to knowingly buy from Amazon anyway. Honestly, it is a rare occasion where I can't find something elsewhere that is cheaper than what Amazon offers. Plus they have a distribution center in Florida now, so everything from them incurs a state sales tax penalty. Thanks, but no thanks. They pissed me off a while back, and I don't forget something like that easily.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Hope everyone who has signed up gets some "BIG FAT CHECKS" out of it.
I thought I was going to have to wait but I already got my Big Fat Check, it was around $17, not bad for doing nothing but clicking on an icon.
I am starting an indoor cactus and succulent plant collection and I bought a very nice plant with my $17.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I thought I was going to have to wait but I already got my Big Fat Check, it was around $17, not bad for doing nothing but clicking on an icon.
I am starting an indoor cactus and succulent plant collection and I bought a very nice plant with my $17.

Yeah, like taking candy from a baby! But I think maybe I've just become more conscious of discounts and stuff since becoming retired. Maybe it just comes with age and having spare time on my hands to spend looking for the best deal I can find. Or maybe I just inherited this from my mom and it is only now kicking in. She could find the cheapest place to buy gasoline within a hundred mile radius, hands down. Unfortunately I gravitate to name brand gasolines, so that part of the gene doesn't seem to affect me...

Something new has been taking place on my browser lately that seems kind of handy. If I am looking for an item on a non-Ebates site, I sometimes get a popup notice pointing me to an Ebates site that is selling it cheaper. Doesn't happen all the time, so there is likely an algorithm involved that may use variables other than price and source. But heck, if I have to choose between a site selling something where I can earn even 1 percent back and one that does not give me a better deal, all other things considered equal, then why not? The internet seems like it can make ANY purchase a buyer's market if you play it right.

So yeah, if some company wants to give me free money for doing what I was going to do anyway, who am I to argue? BRING IT ON!

Old 10-13-2017, 02:08 AM   #15
WebSlave
BTW, Ebates is running a special for Friday the 13th, where a bunch of stores are offering a 13% cash rebate. They do specials like this every now and again.

https://www.ebates.com/flash-sale

Old 10-13-2017, 05:34 AM   #16
Lucille
Thanks!
JCPenney, 3 prs denim jeans on sale with 13% rebate, around $40 delivered

Old 10-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #17
bklynsfinest312
signed up!

Old 10-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #18
CricketChitin
I tried ebates. But I just don’t buy that much online. Instead, i use ibotta. It’s app that will give you rebates if you buy specific coupons. And i also use Walmart’s saving catcher. Walmart will scan the area for fimilar products you purchased, and give you a rebate if that product is cheaper elsewhere. I’m always up for a good frugal discussion!

Old 11-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #19
Lucille
I believe that Walmart has decided to stop price matching.
For those of you who purchase a lot from Walmart (I do) the Ebates rate seems to be variable. Right now it is 6%.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #20
JColt
Not bad. Bought 3 64 gb micro sd cards for grandkids phones and kindle fire and 6% back which paid the tax plus a little extra. Also found them for $3 cheaper each.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!