Blood Boas! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
LaseyWasey
Blood Boas!

Soooo, Im getting some ideas over here and was thinking about what could be done with blood boas and what has been done.

Ive seen albino, hypo, and sunglow bloods, witch i might say are very nice snakes. The sunglow blood being my fav.

I was thinking about some new things.

Sunglow motley Blood
snow bloods
moonglow bloods.
Im j/w about whats possible. Any comments?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
MotorG525
I never understood the desire to create snow bloods, there's no red. Isn't that the point? I think a super jungle blood leopard would be something special

Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525 View Post
I never understood the desire to create snow bloods, there's no red. Isn't that the point? I think a super jungle blood leopard would be something special
Somehow, I don't think that would be a viable animal and, if it is ... not one capable of reproduction.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Somehow, I don't think that would be a viable animal and, if it is ... not one capable of reproduction.
why would it not be viable?
The only morph in that combo listed that *might* have issues is the super jungle and the only issues they have are possible sterility (which still hasn't been proven imo). It's only expressing 3 traits (jungle, blood, leopard) - lots of 3 combo morphs are out there. I'm just curious why you don't think it would be viable, not trying to argue.

I don't work with blood boas, besides the hypo gene, I try to stick to colombian morphs, but they do make for some really nice looking boas, the bloody sunglows are so bright (although I've only ever come across baby photos).

Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
LaseyWasey
never thought of that combo

Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
MotorG525
Well what I was thinking is that we create them for how they look not how much money they can make us so why not produce it. If it makes you happy that's all that really matters isn't it

Old 12-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
ShadowAceD
Because creating them just for how they look by cramming as many genetics as you can into them is a good way to make a non-viable animal. In which case ... at what point does it become unethical to you?

Look at the Super Motley. They have issues living past a few years without either severely being underfed or some other nonsense ... yet people are still actively producing them and attempting to make them viable. Why? Because they look cool, I suppose ... but does that make it ethical to keep reproducing them on purpose? No.

If anyone gets into breeding just to make themselves feel happy ... I'd hope it is a short lived endeavor.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #8
MotorG525
No because super mots dont live, a super jungle can enjoy a full life. It started as a hobby and a hobby is something that makes you happy. I will not respond to anything else because the thread id directed at blood morphs. If you disagree that a super jungle blood leopard would look awesome please respond with somthing that would look better. That's the point of the post

Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #9
Varanis
I am not into morphs and will be breeding pure El Salvador bloods soon but my wife dose morphs and loves the leopard look and actually mentioned a multi morph she thought may be cool a Pewter leopard "AKA blood anry leopard" or a blood / T+ leopard.
Neither of these would be in our near future but if my blood projects pan out next year she wants to get one of my babies for future projects so who knows what she will come up with 8)

Old 12-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #10
LaseyWasey
-__- The post was the idea of what new things can be done with blood boas. not about what money can be made or breeding unhealthy super mots...i gatta say it seemed pretty radom and a little off topic.