Breeding Redtail Boas - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #11
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS
It infuriates me to see people breeding Hogs into their hypos just to get nice hypos more easily. CCS Constrictors
So Chris, how ticked at me are you going to be when my T+ argentine is breeding my hog?

Griz

Old 10-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #12
JCCS
Griz, it does tick me off. You are diluting already hard to find blood. Argentines are no longer being imported and are listed under CITES. Hogs are no longer legally imported. Why muddy what little blood we have? I am going to have 2 lines of pure blooded Hogs this year, I can name about 5 people off the top of my head that can say the same and prove it. I think that is sad, and it will only get worse because of these types of breeding. Why not try to selectively breed the T+ and make nicer pure ones? Just a thought.

Chris

Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #13
JCCS
Griz, btw, I am not condemning you for doing it, they are your animals and imo it is your choice. I am just voiving my opinion on what I see as an unnecessary dilution of locality specific bloodlines. Please do not take my comments in the wrong light.

Chris

Old 10-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
Griz
Chris, and I am typing this while laughing, learn to read emoticons. I put a wink one in there. I know you're a purist and I respect that. I was simply trying to get your goat a little. Late in the week wishing it were Friday humor, if you will.

Griz

Old 10-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #15
JCCS
I realize that Griz, I was just giving in. I always like to speak to cross breeders on that subject. I read it afterwards and my response came across too serious, but yes I realized it was intended to provoke as soon as I read it, lol. I didn't see it was winking, thought it was just smiling.

Chris

Old 10-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #16
JCCS
I forgot to mention one thing. I am not a purist, I am not against all crosses. I am only against crosses that pollute out into a locality. You can cross anything you want into the Colombians, they are all mutts already and it will do no harm. Bloods, Hypos, and leopard crosses are all awesome.

Chris

Old 10-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #17
Griz
I understand. I am a muscle car enthusiast and sometimes I get sick to my stomach to see these classic cars turned into pimp mobiles. Sometimes you just can't improve on the original. I understand that.

Griz

Old 10-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #18
liquidleaf
*cough* Old Fords with CHEVY motors in them! *cough cough cough*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!