What do y'all think of this idea? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
Lucille
What do y'all think of this idea?

We all want Fauna to succeed and remain the premier community reptile site on the internet . Here's an idea I had today that I think might help:

I was running around and doing errands, and had two long conversations this weekend with total strangers about reptiles; once when I bought mealworms at Petco (my Bugco order is not here yet) and once when I was buying cute little plastic dishes at Walmart for the new geckos.
I try to tell people about Fauna but I know that many will not remember, or forget the site name, or etc.

So:

What do y'all think about Fauna biz cards? Pictures of geckos and cornsnakes and all sorts of neat reptiles, and the website address. Maybe we could even design it ourselves!

If one orders a zillion business cards, the price per hundred is very reasonable.
I would certainly be willing to buy 100 to have on hand to give nice folks I meet and talk with about reptiles.

In addition, one idea that might appeal is to perhaps allow some of the vendors here to volunteer to pick up some of the cost of having these printed in return for having their company listed on the reverse side.

I would have really like to have been able to give those two people I talked to a card as an invitation to come visit Fauna.
What do y'all think?

Old 10-30-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
nicolai
Sounds good...

How about all the cards have unique numbers on them. By handing them out to new perspective members of the site you can also benefit from advertising for the site. All the people that were given the cards by members and decide to join as paid members just use the unique numbers on the card and the sponsoring member gets credit for it. If unque numbers are to hard a thing to do then just leave a open space for the member to pencil in thier user id an specify that the new member should use the members name when joining fauna. This would be great advertising for rich and a added bonus for the members. You could even do a grand prize for the member that brings in the most new paid memberships. Maybe one of Rich's cornsnakes or Rich could put "Lucky" up for the Winner. (have had my eye on her)

If i get 10 people to come in as paid members i get a free contributers membership next year.

If I get 50 people to come in as new members i get a free benefactors membership next year.

If i get 100 people to come in as new members i get a free endowment membership next year.

All members that get less then 10 new members here get a free paid membership or a free membership to "HELL"

Old 10-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
Bill & Amy
Thumbs up Great Idea!!

I think the more memebers we can get, the stronger our herp society will be!! Not to mention the benefits of education we can spread. I would love to be able to hand out Fauna cards! Is there anyway we could just design an ecard that everyone could print at home?

Old 10-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
DAND
Thumbs up

Sounds like a good idea. I have referred a numer of people here and I usually have to e-mail them the link after they forget when I tell them. A card would probably make things easier.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai

All members that get less then 10 new members here get a free paid membership or a free membership to "HELL"
.. Now THERE's an incentive to sign up member # 11

Old 10-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #6
nicolai
lucille

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
.. Now THERE's an incentive to sign up member # 11
I just added that because quite a few members have stated that they really enjoyed the hell forum but didnt want to spend the 10.00 to go there now. This would be a way for those members to regain usage of that forum. I asure you that the people there now are having tons of fun with "the three word story" and amusing and outragious adult jokes and just the daily venting after a long day.Being completely unmoderated have a lot of benefits.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
Lucille
Awww sugarpuff now don't you fret, Lucille was just having a little fun.....

Old 10-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #8
nicolai
never do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Awww sugarpuff now don't you fret, Lucille was just having a little fun.....

Fun is a good thing!!!!!!!!!

Let us not forget .....the masked man on the fine steed....when the odds are against us...he'll be there in our time of need......He has proved in the past...he is a defender of all......do not shudder ,do not fret.......for our enemies are sure to fall.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
I think it's a great Idea. Even fliers at local pet supplies, etc. would bring a lot of new members. Maybe even one or two with something to actually contribute.
I for one did not even know of fauna until about a year ago. I still don't think I've made it into every forum here. It's huge. LOL

So, who's the photoshop wizard that's gonna come up with the design, and slogans? LOL

Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
Id be game to give them out, I have a lot of friends who come here to buy mealies and such, I tell them about fauna but a card would give them a good reminder!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!