A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #171
EricSK

What snakes do you own?:2xBall Pythons, 4xCorn Snakes

Why do you keep snakes?:I am completely fascinated by the genetics of snakes. Other than that, they simply bring me joy.

What other animals do you have?: Gold Fish

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Aquariums

Anything else to add?: Support your local reptile shows!

(Optional) Picture:

Old 07-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #172
shashi
I always find it interesting reading through the replies and seeing so many 'nature lovers', artists, etc. Fascinating!
Occupation: self employed (I have an Ebay store and use other forums as well for selling)
What snakes do you own?: A 12 year old Dumeril's named Sydney, A feisty 2 year old Gopher Snake named Snyper (my daughter's), 2 sweet natured 5 year old Dominican Red Mountain Boas named Dominikk and Nikko, and a super mellow 6 year old Hogg Island Boa named Dunemaul who is loved and spoiled by my daughter, Madeline! She got me back into snakes after many years away. I am also lucky enough to call her my best friend.
Why do you keep snakes?: I have always loved snakes even though I had a Momma who was terrified of them due to being bitten by a Ground Rattler as a kid. She survived via seriously bumpy dirt roads, a bottle of moonshine and an old Model A. By the time they got to the in town doc, they had drawn out the poison with the bottle pressed up against her leg. And now that I have actually written that down and looked at it, I see why she was terrified by snakes! But she eventually got over my keeping of them and would even walk into my room. She was the best Mom ever!
What other animals do you have?: Too many dogs and cats (all rescues with a story), down to one horse (my daughter's) after last week, a Giant Red Tailed Gourami, 2 Female T's that are about 15 years old, and a couple of scorpions.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Well, hmm. After being a wife (divorce in process), mother and the general do all here for the last 28 years, I am finding myself again! I've always been an artsy person. Drawing, painting, writing and love of music is my true core. I am starting to get back into taking furniture and recreating it via painting, etc. Nature and the outdoors have always been my true love and always will be.
Anything else to add?: I also love insects, automobiles, great Bar-B-Que and a stiff drink now and again. And I am lucky enough to call my kids my friends. =]
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2014, 01:35 AM   #173
Docfountain62
OCCUPATION : night operations @ FBO Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
WHAT SNAKES DO YOU OWN ? : currently 14 assorted ball python morphs but over the years hundreds, venomous and non-venomous. ive bred turtles and copperheads and for awhile I was the "go to guy" @ Camp International. (you have to love those 3am phone calls)
WHY DO YOU KEEP SNAKES ? as a kid it was just cool !, but as i grew older i was just fascinated by their kinesity, they move and you watch. you cant help yourself, its hypnotic.
WHAT OTHER ANIMALS DO YOU HAVE ? dog, cat, reeves turtle, 2 hybrid box turtles (florida x ornate)
WHAT OTHER HOBBIES DO YOU HAVE ? scuba, photography, classic film, guitar
ANYTTHING ELSE TO ADD ? support your local herp associations

Old 09-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #174
dixiemomma
What snakes do you own?: currently Brazilian Rainbow Boa, formally kept Rosy Boas
Why do you keep snakes?: why not? lol they can be just as affectionate as a dog or anything else, and they are beautiful creatures!
What other animals do you have?: 2 bullmastiffs, 1 boston terrier, 3 cats, 8 axolotls and a bearded dragon
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: pc gaming, softball, tatoo's
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #175
KilnHerper
Me: 34 y/o white male, married with kids
What snakes do you own?: 5 ball pythons (chocolate, champagne, pastel, clown, albino), Hypo Jungle RTB, Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 1 Southern Copperhead, 2 Western Cottonmouth, 1 Dusky Pygmy Rattlesnake,
Why do you keep snakes?: They fascinate me, and I simply enjoy them
What other animals do you have?: 1 male Yorkie, 1 male mixed breed cat, 1 juvenile Dwarf Caiman gator
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Motorcycles, guitar, firearms, spending time with my human kids (3 girls 1 boy)
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture: I started keeping snakes and geckos when I was 14. When my oldest snake died in 2007 I got out of the hobby until last year and was AMAZED at how much it had exploded, especially the ball python world.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #176
eminart
Bored at work. I guess I'll play.

What snakes do you own?: At the moment, one Drymarchon Corais Couperi (Eastern Indigo), although my daughter has two corns, and I've kept many other snakes through the years.
Why do you keep snakes?: Why WOULDN'T I keep snakes? I've loved them as long as I can remember. Very interesting and beautiful animals.
What other animals do you have?: Egyptian tortoise, Doberman, and, as a falconer, I almost always have a raptor of some sort, although I'm currently between birds. We have other pets in the house, but they technically belong to my daughter and/or wife.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Falconry, and other forms of hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, photography, herping, etc.
Anything else to add?: Roll Tide.
(Optional) Picture:
I'm the one on the right.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #177
scosta56
Age. 26

Occupation. School district employee

What snakes do I own ? 6 ball pythons. Everything I have is pied related.

Why do I keep them ? I have always had snakes ever since I was a child. Catching garters or black rats keeping them as pets. I love there beauty and admire them for being the best and most creative hunters lol.

What other animals do I keep ? 2 Pit bulls. 2 Chihuahuas. 1 Meyers parrot and 1 betta fish.

What other hobbies do I enjoy ? I'm very very big into motorcycles. I ride almost everyday my crotch rocket. Love racing them as well and customizing them.

Anything else to add.... Hmmmm I don't think so that's about it. Just really really love my babies. All of them from scales to fur lol.

Picture of me and my bike
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #178
Rainbow Newby
Talking Rainbow Newby

Why do you keep snakes? I think snakes have always gotten a bad rap! People are afraid of what they don't know or understand. I love and respect all living creatures.
What other animals do you have? I have two cats and 10 garden snails that were hatched from tiny pin sized eggs.
What other hobbies do you enjoy? I enjoy the outdoors, nature and helping people overcome their addictions so that they may have more rewarding and healthier lives. I also enjoy cooking, camping,hiking, dancing and listening to live music.
Anything else to add? A month ago I walked into a pet shop saw this baby Colombian Boa Constrictor, (two months old) and it was love at first sight! I held this baby,(not sure if girl or boy yet) and the snake was very docile and sweet! This was not an impulse purchase by any means. I actually investigated the breed, waited a few days then went back and brought this baby home because I couldn't stop thinking about how sweet he or she is! I have no regrets! I am still learning about snakes. All creatures deserve respect and a chance to live and thrive!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!