Rubber Dragon - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #11
kimnrick04
Tracie your right,it starts with the headquarters. I think that 100% of the people who apply at a pet store love animals. I think the problem is many get the job with little knowledge of many of the animals. I know reptiles and the best way to care for them. I think I could answer just about anything. I also pride myself in know alot about all animals. The thing is i couldn't tell you what fish can be put with other fish. Thats how most pet stores are. Workers know alot about one thing and not enough about the other. If the big boss would say you know reptiles, you work with them and only them,and Tammy will work with the fish and only the fish, I dont think there would be as big a problem. People tend to try to know to much without learning anything first. I know that was alot of jabbering but you follow me?

Old 11-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #12
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I agree, that is true. The petstores need to have departments & hire accordingly. The problem is that they don't want to pay more than minimum wage & they would have to create different positions, especially if a worker only knew about reptiles, & not fish or amphibians. That really makes it hard.
They look for the cheapest way to run their business though.
However, I do feel that there needs to be some type of course of action to make them accountable for their actions. If they cannot properly feed & house them while they are in their care, then they simply should not be allowed to carry a license to do so.
I hope some things change in the future for them.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!