Inquiry Bad Guy or Not You Choose - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
BOACHRIS
Bad Guy or Not You Choose

I have been trying to find some new people to get my feeders from as my old guy has shut down to personal reasons.

I contacted Robert Ward, of Near North Rodents.

I am going to post all email conversations, and you tell me what you think.

I think he is a BAD GUY and I wont be doing business His Way, or with him at all EVER.

Here it is:

Hi

My name is Chris, I would like to place an order with you guys as I have decided to change who I get my feeders from. I supply a few people down here and usually go through 2-3 hundred rats every 2 weeks. What I need is a sample order delivered to me.

25 med @ 1.75 = 43.75
50 small @ 1.25 = 62.50
10 jumbo @ 3.60 = 36.00

Total for order is $142.25 I believe.

Do I have to pay up front for these via e-mail transfere, or can I pay C.O.D.

I know that it is risky for you to accept COD orders as some people may stiff you, but it is much easier for me to pay you when you get here. If you cant take the risk I totally understand and will have to put some $$ on my internet account and send % of or what you wish in funds tomorrow.

Thanks

Chris

- Hide quoted text -

--- On Tue, 4/14/09, Chris Stone < > wrote:

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Robert Ward < > wrote:

Hi Chris

Unfortunately right now I'm low on stock and backed up in orders due to me changing over a majority of my breeders. I hopefully should be back up to most sizes by June sometime. I can try to do your order around the begining of May, after I get caught up on orders.

Now for what it looks like you need
25 med. Rats at 1.75 each = $43.75
50 small rats at $1.25 each = $62.50
10 jumbo at $3.60 each = $36.00
Sub total = $142.25
Taxes = $18.49
Grand total = $160.74

Now I'm wondering where you are located as mention down here but not really where you are located. If you could please let me know that would be greatly appreciated, so I know where I am delivering order to. Also if you would like me to set up this trial order for around the beggining of May please let know, I may ask for a deposit. I would greatly like to do business with you and I hope you can wait till my rodents are back up to pretty well full production.

Thanks
Robert Ward
Near North Rodent and Reptile Supply

Subject: Re: Rat Order
To: "Robert Ward" < >
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 1:32 PM

Hi

I guess give me a call when things are back up and going smoothly. The begining of May wont work because I go to the expo and load up there with an quantity order and get pretty good rates for the amount I buy. But mid oint of the month I should be low again, and we can give it a try.

I am located in Pickering Scarborough Border.

Thanks

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Robert Ward <nearnorthrodents@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi
First of all I don't call anyone to let them know I'm back up and running and so on, I'm far too busy for that nonsense. It's not that appreciate and would like your business but like I said I am soo busy I can't remember to contact everyone who enquires about rodents from me.
I would suggest you contact me around the beggining of June I should hopefully have a good supply of rodents by then, if not sooner.(depending how busy I am. I am extremely busy now and probably by then be even more busy.. Also your going to have to decide who to buy from either me or the expos, I'm not a filler for the expos or other suppliers, my rates are the same as most or better than most of the vendors at the expos, as I used to be a vendor at the expo until November 2008. I want good reliable customers not customers who are going to turn around and buy from either the expos or other suppliers everytime I turn around. If your going to go to the expos and stock up there then you might as well keep buying from there. I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Thanks
Good to know where you are now

Robert Ward
Near North Rodent and Reptile Supply
www..com

--- On Mon, 4/13/09, Chris Stone < > wrote:

Subject: Rat Order
To:.com
Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 3:17 PM

Robert

I don't like the way you go about doing business. You are not the Mob and cannot force to to buy from you only or not at all.

I will take my business elsewhere and I am going to post this email on fauna so others can not waste their time trying to do business with you.

Just to make things clear: You are the one who cannot fill orders, why would anyone say that they will only buy from you when you don't even have a steady supply.

Great way to build business, and also small rats are 1.50 at the expo per rat not quantity orders, your price is 2.25 per rat 33% higher. But nice try trying to convince me otherwise.

My Full Name: Chris Stone

Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
Masonexotics
What a pointless thread.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
BOACHRIS
As you may find this pointless (Being in the UK, DUH) It is not for you as you obviously don't buy your feeders from Canada!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
Masonexotics
Actually (DUH) it's pointless because no business transaction took place which is one of the pre-requisites for a thread such as this.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOACHRIS View Post
As you may find this pointless (Being in the UK, DUH) It is not for you as you obviously don't buy your feeders from Canada!!!!!!!
Well DUH!!! You should of put this in the Canadian boi section! And it will be deleted since DUH!! You didnt put a name in the title of the thread..

Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
sschind
First of all this does not belong in the BOI.

Second, if you are going to call him a bad guy just come out and do it. Don't try to disguise a bad guy post in an inquiry.

Third, since you asked me to choose, I choose not a bad guy. Just because a guy does not want to jump through your hoops to try to sell you rats when it is convenient for you doesn't make him a bad guy. Heck, you as much as told him you would only be buying from him when you couldn't get them cheaper somewhere else and maybe he doesn't want to deal with that. He said he wants consistent customers, not "whenever it suits me" customers.

It may not be the wisest business practice but it may not be worth the potential increase in sale to be worth it for him. That's for him to decide. In fact, if anyone comes off looking bad in this, IMO its you. Posting this on the BOI over something so trivial. It makes me wonder what you would do if a deal we had going might have some tiny hiccup. Would you bring me to the BOI if you didn't like the size of the box I sent you or something equally as insignificant. It makes me think twice about considering you as a potential trading partner.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
hhmoore
I'm not going to vote, as I didn't read the initial post.
I did, however, read the title; and it lacks the name of the person/business this thread is about. As a result, this thread is closed...I'll leave it here for 24 hrs to allow the OP to copy paste the content into a new one (or less time, if I notice that it has been reposted).
(OP - you might want to review the rules for posting before trying again...and if this is in reference to a Canadian business (as your 2nd post indicates), you might want to consider posting in the Canadian BOI (as John's 2nd post indicated.)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread