Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #231
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jere000 View Post
Hmmm I wonder what kind of Colubrids are in the classified?
?What???

Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #232
jere000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
?What???
It's kinda of a joke because Colubrids seem to be resistant to IBD.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #233
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post

Just a clarification...

This vendor list is from the 2010 August Expo and has not been updated to reflect 2011 Austin Expos.
Thanks Tim, I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear..I've been going 1,000 different directions since it's the holidays...

I was trying to make the point that while she has JUST NOW pulled ads AFTER this was brought to light, she HAD been conducting business as usual since receiving a head's up there could be a problem.

IMO it was HER responsibility from the start to do the right thing and follow up in further testing, contacting buyers, eradicating mites, MORE testing, and recusing from vending shows and breeding projects.

She didn't do that, and at one point, denied vending at shows, unless I read wrong again.. (not the first time) so that's why I posted the vendor list from the 2010 show.

It's been a long week.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #234
amercnwmn
Ok I think I figured it out... I'm not losing my mind (yet)

When I clicked on the Austin expo link, the Home Page shows the updated show date for 2011, and I clicked on "Vendors", and it still had Ashley listed and didn't show a date, so I took it to mean she was planning to be a current vendor.

Thanks for clarifying.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #235
Adrya
Damn it, Ashley, you still are NOT getting the POINT about the deaths of the other few snakes since the BCL died ONE YEAR AGO. You either don’t get it or you do get it but are just too arrogant to care.

You had 3-4 more snakes die within a year SINCE that BCL died. That right there should be a HUGE RED FLAG, and indicate a serious problem. So NO! Your snakes have NOT been “FINE” within the past YEAR, as you keep claiming.

Any great, true breeder/keeper who really cherishes their animals and their health rarely has any deaths in their collection, and I'm talking years apart.

IBD suppresses and weakens the immune system, so even rare crap like pyometra (or hell, even CHLAMYDIA? Like, OMG, rly!) can take hold. One of the more common illnesses associated with IBD is pneumonia. Normal levels of salmonella and bacterium (among other things, even foreign pathogens) that already exist within a snake suddenly don't have so much of the body's defenses keeping them in check anymore when IBD takes effect, so those pathogens explode in numbers and cause pneumonia, infections and other problems.

So even though the pathology report on your burm did not say anything about inclusions (because, by god, they may not have tested for them! And not all IBD in snakes show significant inclusions!), everything else about the burm screams IBD. Ummm… gee, liver issues and failure… can anyone say IBD punching the liver? And a plate of RI/Pneumonia to go with it?! A snake just doesn’t up and die from liver failure (and GOOD GOD… CHLAMYDIA?! What on earth were you doing with the snake on your free time away from the computer?) If the snake DID indeed stay overnight at the vet and seemed to “perk up” more because it was kept warmer, that is because the snake was too warm for comfort and the pneumonia mucous was getting more abundant, runny and thick, causing breathing problems for the snake, so it would move more. TRUST ME, I KNOW, because whenever I tried to keep Sahira’s temps up a bit and humidity low to try and help ease her IBD-related RI/pneumonia some, temporarily, until I could get her to the vet, it made it WORSE, and she seemed to be more “perky” when in fact she was pacing her enclosure in discomfort from having trouble breathing. The higher temperatures did NOT ease the IBD-related RI as it would for a NORMAL RI. The higher temperatures just made the IBD processes and everything else speed up (mucous production, inflammation in the lungs, etc) and instead killed her faster.

As what has been stated over and over before, just because pythons in a collection are still alive is NOT an indication that a collection is "all clear." IBD is killing boas more now in these recent years than it used to with pythons decades ago.

The IBD in my collection is killing more of my boas than anything else, and I still have several pythons that are doing well otherwise. That by all means does not indicate that my collection is safe.

Blood tests by Dr. J alone are not enough to prove anything if they come back negative. The blood test is not 100% proof whether or not your snakes have IBD. Biopsies need to be done as the second step if the blood tests come back negative. If the blood tests come back negative, that does NOT mean your snake is clear of IBD until other tests show otherwise.

It's unbelievable how much stupid, immature, careless crap you've done in the past 2 years, along with grief and unnecessary expenses you've caused other people. It's even more disgusting knowing you even tried to play a good guy and tried to be so caring and innocent, showing a false face to your potential customers. I don't care how in the hell you do it, but YOU need to find and contact every single PERSON you have sold/given snakes to in the last 2 years and notify them of this. There's no way to know how long this IBD may have been lurking (if in fact you do have it) in your collection even before the BCL died (and I'm pretty sure you've had it in your collection all along at some point). Mr. Dean may have sold some snakes with issues, but granted he was wise enough to ASK you why YOU were still selling snakes regardless of you KNOWING that YOU had a snake with IBD, and ADVISED YOU to STOP buying and selling. That alone says a lot. That alone gives me the clear impression that he did NOT sell you a snake with IBD. THAT gives me the impression that after 2+ MONTHS of the snake in YOUR CARE, that the IBD came from YOUR collection.

You sit on your ass most of the day, every day in front of the computer on RTB.net and other sites goofing around anyway (trying to get a head-start on those saddlebags, are ya?) while you should be taking proper care of your animals, your friends' animals and your KIDS. So I'm SUUUUUURE it won't hurt for you to sit there on your ass in front of the computer some more, and in replacement of being on RTB and other sites so damn much in the meantime, you need to FIND THOSE PEOPLE that you’ve sold snakes to and CONTACT THEM!

I hold absolutely NO high regard, respect, compassion or mercy for any SCUM that does what YOU have done and are STILL doing, especially when it comes to the lives and well-being of animals and the peace of mind of other people. You are just the WORST kind of person for this hobby that so many of us respectful herpers care so much about.

YOU don’t deserve to own ANY animal of any kind, based on your history, which is VERY well laid out. It was so nice of you to create such a heaping trail of garbage that you left behind for us. The only people I feel sorry for on your end are your kids.

YOU need to put on your big girl pants and man-up. While this thread will still be here to haunt you for the rest of your days, no matter how much you try to fix it, once you get any of this resolved and attempt to make honest amends with folks you have hurt, you need to get out of this hobby and take your plaguewhoreness elsewhere.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #236
jere000
If you have had 4 more snakes die within a year of the Bcl either you're not caring for them properly or something is up correct?

Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #237
amercnwmn
Quote:
If you have had 4 more snakes die within a year of the Bcl either you're not caring for them properly or something is up correct?
One would think.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:54 AM   #238
AddictedToBoas
So Elizabeth contracted mites from Ashley's snakes, messaged her, and Ashley admitted she was having a mite problem or that they at least COULD have come from her (If Im reading correctly, 4 pages of info kinda messes with the brain) but is STILL selling snakes that have mites that will more than likely spread to the rest of her buyers collection? Even if IBD wasn't a risk in her collection, shouldn't she shut down ANYWAY because of the mites?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And props to Adrya. It was harsh but needed as so far Ashley is being completely flippant about the whole thing. Yes I saw she FINALLY 'shut everything down.' But it took way too long, took way too many people calling her out...

Old 12-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #239
AddictedToBoas
I meant shouldn't she have shut down... Because she claims she has at this point... What a month later? 2 months later?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #240
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
It's kinda of a joke because Colubrids seem to be resistant to IBD.
Don't fool yourself. IBD might be classified as a Boid disease, but similar inclusions have been found in other species. So, although it may prove devastating to Boids, it's suspected that other species might be able to carry it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd