Bad Guy Where is Pedro Santiago - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
bigybigy
Thumbs down Where is Pedro Santiago

Pedro Santiago and I had a verbal agreement this Christmas. We were going to meet for a "Local Pickup". We agreed on 550 over a text message and phone call. We were supposed to meet today outside the serpent safari today at 9:00am.

This man was a no show!

I took the day off work today to go pickup the snake situated 45 minutes from my house. I am starting to question the way this man does business.

Sincerely,
Sean Griffis
847-420-2151

Old 12-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Focal
Dang, sorry to hear. Did you touch base with him before you hit the road?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
FosterHerpetological
Yea, maybe he forgot if you didnt touch base with him. I always worry about this happening when I meet up with people too...

Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
timebider
Dang, that's frustrating. Sorry it happened to you.

Next time, make sure you have a working cell number (test it in advance). I know it's not an absolute guarantee, but calling before you head out is always a good idea.

I've met up with folks for transactions a couple times, once driving almost two hours one-way, and I've been lucky to have only dealt with good guys. I'd be enraged if I drove that far to a no-show.

That said, maybe it was an honest mistake? Have you tried contacting him again? Maybe he can reimburse you for gas or something, to help ease the pain.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
bigybigy
Still no snake in my hand, but I did speak with him!!! He wants to do the transaction tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Dave26
Pedro is a good guy. There must be a good reason he didn't make it to your appointment. I don't think he would stand you up on purpose.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave26 View Post
Pedro is a good guy. There must be a good reason he didn't make it to your appointment. I don't think he would stand you up on purpose.
He might this time though, if he realizes that you started a "Bad Guy" thread about him, before contacting him, barely 4 hours after your scheduled meeting time. I realize you were frustrated, but this thread seems a little premature. Hopefully you'll be back with good news soon!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
hhmoore
Oddly enough, Pedro's response in his ad (to the post which bigybigy has since deleted) tells a slightly different version of the story
Quote:
Not for sale or trade any more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Sean, did you remember that when you call me yesterday, I told you that I change my mind and he will not be for sale anymore even that you offered me more money and snakes for him. Why you don't post that!!!! Why you don't post that you are been threading me by voice mail and text messages all morning. People change their mind all the time and I told you that yesterday. Remember I offer you a breeding loan on him, the only thing that I asked you is to see your place and know where do you live, in case that something happen, But offer me just a letter with your address and your license, and I told you that people have identifications with address that don’t belong to them anymore. That’s why I don’t trust you. I have the right to say no and that’s what I did.

That's why he is posting that about me!!!!!!

And She is not for sale or trade any more.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #9
Focal
OOOOH, so you never actually "hit the road." Your post just appears as if you did. A bad guy post was a poor choice because you're butt hurt that he won't sell you a snake. You know what sucks more then having someone not sell you a snake? Having to tell someone that you can't sell it to them.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
PAVLOVK1025
Daaaaamn dude said check your memory. A little preemptive especially considering that Pedro tells a different story. Whats really going on?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!