Bad Guy Sheldon Brown & Charles Lowery - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #41
Devon Hodgins
This is getting more and more in depth.

I called the above listed number and asked for a sheldon shultz and it was him.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #42
RichsBallPythons
I also noticed on the shipping air bil he selected standard overnight, which makes the package last priority till end of the day. Not sure about anyone else but i wont accept a shipment not shipped priority over night as a whole extra day driving on the truck is too much.

Seems he did this to save few bucks in shipping.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #43
RichsBallPythons
Unless of course the pacakge is helf for pickup at the hub then its fine.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #44
LauraB
Quote:
244-440-9572 is a constant busy signal for the past 5 minutes but people answer the 847 #
Probably a good thing you didn't get through to the 244 number. That area code is for Angola.
224 is an Illinois area code, though, so maybe the numbers were simply mistyped or mistaken by Grant.
Quote:
Fedex tracking shows a pick up in GURNEE, IL for the package
There is a Richard S. Brown in Gurnee. His age is in the 50's (as is his wife). Could be a parent to "Sheldon"?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #45
NIGRO51
HAHA It was probably busy because the phone doesn't allow international calls .. 224 works better but it rings out and goes to voicemail

Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #46
LauraB
However! 244-440-9572 was nearly correct!

224-440-9572 brought up this little beauty. Both numbers are there, along with "Rich". Unfortunately the ad is gone and I haven't found an archived copy yet.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #47
Lucille
Laura,

Amazing detective work!!! You're just scary

Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #48
LauraB
LOL ... lil ole me? Scary?

Quote:
224 is an Illinois area code, though, so maybe the numbers were simply mistyped or mistaken by Grant.
Having said that ... it's most likely Grant was given an inorrect number purposely.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #49
NIGRO51
I would love to get an update from the OP with anything new that is happening .. I'd hate to see all of this good effort go to waste.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #50
Ch^10
All, thank you for the help. I have been unable to get in contact with "Sheldon" (or any of the other aliases) for the past 4 weeks. (I waited to post to BOI, just giving him the benefit of the doubt.) However, Jon from Jon's Jungle, did happen to speak with him yesterday morning. Jon mentioned that "Sheldon" supposedly sold or traded my piebald already (conveniently)-- --despite my immediate plea of sending each other the snakes back. He also tried to play it off that I was the bad guy--for what, wanting my snake back?!? Regardless of if he knowingly passed on fraudulent paperwork, the agreement was voided by doing so, and my snake should have been returned.

I spent the last 2 weeks working with his local police department (an attorney advised me to do this), and they can't do anything, despite his outlandish lies to the detective in charge of the case ("Sheldon" told the detective he got the pastel het clown with the fraudulent paperwork on eBay! He even had the audacity to tell the detective that I never tried to contact him.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I also noticed on the shipping air bil he selected standard overnight, which makes the package last priority till end of the day. Not sure about anyone else but i wont accept a shipment not shipped priority over night as a whole extra day driving on the truck is too much.

Seems he did this to save few bucks in shipping.
I'm sure he was trying to save a few bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Unless of course the pacakge is helf for pickup at the hub then its fine.
I had it held at the HUB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Probably a good thing you didn't get through to the 244 number. That area code is for Angola.
There is a Richard S. Brown in Gurnee. His age is in the 50's (as is his wife). Could be a parent to "Sheldon"?
The area code was a typo. It was supposed to be "224.......". "Sheldon definitely did not sound like a 50 year old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
LOL ... lil ole me? Scary?

Having said that ... it's most likely Grant was given an inorrect number purposely.
No, it was a typo on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGRO51 View Post
I would love to get an update from the OP with anything new that is happening .. I'd hate to see all of this good effort go to waste.
Hopefully the "intro" paragraph to this response will serve as an update. He won't return emails, texts, or calls from me, but had no problem speaking to the detective and Jon (because he didn't know who was calling).

I have spent 4 painful weeks day in and day out trying to get this ordeal rectified (Jon from Jon's Jungle can attest to this)--just so you know, I'm not sitting on my hands.

Again, thank you all, I'm just not really sure how to proceed. Apparently my snake is no longer in "Sheldon's" possession, I can't get in contact with him, and his local authorities won't do a thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!