What/Who is your biggest and oldest Boa? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #31
rcpreis3
Im a Leo too! Give it up to the mane!

And I always wondered about if a boa should have a varying diet?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #32
hupababy_83
I think the only negative thing was a boa can get set on one food item, say something expensive, and not want to eat rats anymore.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:57 AM   #33
rcpreis3
Cant say I've seen that! my boas will try to eat ur arm if they dont relize ur attached to it! U should seen when I put that stunned guinea pig in there. I havent seen her act like that in years. See, she got use to dead rats and would just lazily take them. Half the time not even wrapping. Took out the main thing that spark my snake intrest. But that gp brought out a dormant beast that lay in wait! "What the hell is that!?!?!" is all I heard from my neighbors, and then I closed the garage door. A couple days later I was holding her and she was happy as could be!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #34
crotalusadamanteus
Had them around, and just figured I'd try it out one day, see how she acted. My Hog Island girl will eat them too, but the rest are still a tad small for those big ol legs.

I do it once in a while, just to vary her diet a little. I do prefer whole chicken for the more complete nutrition package, but they aren't always available in the right size.

I believe in a varied diet though. Never had a problem with them taking to one item and refusing others either. Although I have experienced that birds seem to wake a problem feeder up. For some reason, even a problem feeder seems to think birds are the frosting on the cake.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #35
hupababy_83
Thank you Rich! You are a gem!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #36
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupababy_83 View Post
Chicken legs? You mean the skinny legs of the hooker down the street, right?
Rich is fibbing, thats a hooker leg! Lol.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #37
hupababy_83
Ha! Busted Rich! Lol uhmmmm I was wondering where my step sister was, now I know! Lmnao

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!