ahemmm, what does it for you???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: what does it for you?????
MORPHS!!!!!!!!!!!! 29 39.73%
Locality all the way!!!!! 14 19.18%
doesn't really matter i just LOVE boas!!!!!!! 30 41.10%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
robin d.
ahemmm, what does it for you????

locality or morph???
well if you dont already know i am a locality nut.... nithing prettier than the natural beauty ... not extra colors just natures true gems.........
how about you???

Old 02-09-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
Randy T.
I am a morph freak, love the different colors and patterns that you can get and interbreed to make "new" morphs with.

I would still be a locality guy as well, but it is too hard to find an actual representation of a true locality animal without someone badmouthing it for not being extreme..(peaks, pinks, purples, what ever)

Later

Old 02-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
A.Rentfro
Locality rules!

.. of course I came into the hobby bass-ackwards. My first love (aside from that gal with the green eyes) was all the reptiles, nature and natural history. So I looked at everything as a product of a certain habitat or environment..

When I got into keeping and breeding snakes I gravitated to the Boas because there are just too many unanswered questions about them and their ways.. the locality phases and populations keep me interested (challenged)..

Of course we still try to produce the most beautiful boas we can, just within the available genetics of a particular locale.

Great subject!

Old 02-29-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
Rattlesnake
locality it is for me also

Old 03-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
Scooter J
Torn

I love all snakes, but especially boas. I started out really into morphs,with all the mystery of what can be created next. But recently I visited the German site, the one that some people may call a LOCALITY FANATIC( Stoeckil,I think it is spelled like this???). Well, it is amazing how much we can all learn from each other, if we just keep an open mind. I was very, very impressed with their opinions, knowledge,insight and most of all their passion. I still like morphs, but I have a new found respect for people that are into locality boas, and the more I learn about Boas ,the more I realize how much I don't really know. To each, his or her own!

Old 03-18-2004, 02:06 AM   #6
DaveyFig
Anything boa constrictor does it for me, regardless of subspecies. If someone else says its an ugly boa, its probably one that I have seen and fellin love with.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Luchog
I tend to prefer the locality boas to the morphs. Right now i have a beautiful Crawl Cay that is quite a lot more pink than I'm used to seeing from a non-morph. Have a friend who breeds Sonorans; and I'm seriously considering buying one next time she has them available.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #8
aikidophreak
types

I just love all the ball python morphs BUT with the BCI I think that they look better in there natural colors.

Old 05-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #9
Ed Lilley
I think they are all great. localitys, morphs, and locality morphs. If it's a boa it's hard not to like!

Old 05-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #10
paulh
Locality or morph? Yes. If it's a boa constrictor, I like it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!