Robin? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #61
Wilomn
Perhaps you are mixing up "all of us" to paraphrase, with Lucille and THIS particular instance.

Did she not come to you about this situation? Did she do that before, after or at all, she contacted Robin?

Reporting a post, bringing to the attention of the Mods or yourself, Rich, is NOWHERE near the same as having a personal problem with a member here and (seemingly) go running to you about it.

This is also INSTIGATED by Lucille in "her" forum, as much a gauntlet in the face as I can imagine one woman figuratively slapping another in the tradition of the old south.

Take a step back Rich and look at it this way. What if I came to you and was complaining about how neil was zinging me (which he has not) and making fun of me and not playing nice. What would your reaction to that have been?

Anyway, I think this is a particular instance, again, that has been taken out of the-this is only about me and her- and thrown into the realm of EVERYONE thinks.....

The very specific taken out of context and looked at as though it were supremely general in nature.

I too think it should not have been a thread here.

Not very welcoming if you ask me.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #62
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
If someone here does NOT have the capability of being able to correct something that appears to be an abuse, whether it is against them or someone else, what exactly are they supposed to do about it?
Fair enough Rich, but fair is fair. Does this thread belong in "The Welcome Club"? I'm not going to take sides in this thread but I will point out that Lucille had many choices before she posted this here. She could have posted it in the thread where the "offending" post resides. In fact, quoting that post and the comment would at least have let us know from the outset what this was about. She could also have posted it in the "General BS" forum or in the "SOUND OFF!!!" forum with a catchy title like "It Really Pisses Me Off When People...". Or...she could have handled it privately. If she thought it was an abuse of the rep point system (as she evidently did) then she could have reported it to you (as she evidently did). So indeed she had many options.

IMNSHO, Lucille deserves warning points also for posting this garbage in this forum. I'm sure that you agree, don't you Lucille?

Old 06-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #63
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Perhaps you are mixing up "all of us" to paraphrase, with Lucille and THIS particular instance.
It takes two (or more) to tango. There is a long standing feud between some people that really needs to end on this site. What is it going to take for me to do that? Certainly the first thought in some people's minds right now is "ban the other person", depending on what camp they are in.

Quote:
Did she not come to you about this situation? Did she do that before, after or at all, she contacted Robin?
I have no idea about the timing, and it is not relevant to the point that when someone contacts me about an abuse that is using the functions of this site, I should at least look into it. But yes, she did come to me to report a perceived abuse of the reputation system. I looked at the evidence, contacted the other party for an explanation, and found the excuse to be "frail" at best.

I do try to look at every instance of reported abuse. I don't agree with all of them, and in those cases, I do nothing at all about it. When I do see what I determine as a valid abuse, then yes, I do act on it in what I feel is the best manner to help prevent it from happening again in the future. I certainly do not expect in all instances that the "abuser" is going to agree with my assessment.

Quote:
Reporting a post, bringing to the attention of the Mods or yourself, Rich, is NOWHERE near the same as having a personal problem with a member here and (seemingly) go running to you about it.
I agree. But who exactly is it that we are talking about having personal problems? Remember that "it takes two to tango" comment, please. If personal problems initiate abuses, what exactly is the difference, as far as my perception is concerned? An abuse is still an abuse, regardless of the underlying causes of it.

Quote:
This is also INSTIGATED by Lucille in "her" forum, as much a gauntlet in the face as I can imagine one woman figuratively slapping another in the tradition of the old south.
I would agree that this should be done privately. I am not privy (nor do I really want to be) in why it was not. But the milk has been spilled, has it not? And now this has become an exercise in discussing how abuses of the functions on this site are handled, it appears.

Quote:
Take a step back Rich and look at it this way. What if I came to you and was complaining about how neil was zinging me (which he has not) and making fun of me and not playing nice. What would your reaction to that have been?
If someone were using the functions of this site in order to do so, they would likely be assessed warning points if I determined your claim was valid. If they are doing it outside of this site, then you are on your own. If I do not agree with your assessment, then I would ignore you. If such incidents reach an extraordinary level of wasting my time, I would then tell ONE or BOTH of you (depending on the particular circumstances) that further incidents will result in your being fined and suspended. I believe this is exactly how I have handled it in the past, and I do believe that is how I will handle it in the future as well.

Quote:
Anyway, I think this is a particular instance, again, that has been taken out of the-this is only about me and her- and thrown into the realm of EVERYONE thinks.....

The very specific taken out of context and looked at as though it were supremely general in nature.
Perhaps. Not sure of your definition of "everyone". My reply was general and directed to anyone who even remotely thinks it may apply to them. If it continues and someone whom it SHOULD apply to does not get the message, I will have to be more direct about it in my next correspondence.

Quote:
I too think it should not have been a thread here.

Not very welcoming if you ask me.
I tend to agree. This is not the purpose for which I asked Lucille to manage this particular forum. But then again, I am not inclined to delete it, and I am certain that Lucille deleting it would set off a nuclear firestorm. So that only leaves the options of leaving it here (optionally locking it), or moving it somewhere else.

Pretend you are me for a moment. What would YOU think is best to do?

Old 06-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #64
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
IMNSHO, Lucille deserves warning points also for posting this garbage in this forum. I'm sure that you agree, don't you Lucille?
Sorry, but I just disagree. When I make someone a specific moderator of a site, as I did for Lucille in THIS forum, I don't leave strings attached. It's that "authority" and "responsibility" thing.

Although I think it is inappropriate here, I have never placed such a specific restriction about it and I certainly am not inclined to do so in a retroactive manner.

Personally, I would prefer to move it, but I am not making that call.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #65
Jim O
That is not entirely true, Rich. I have seen warning points issued to at least one moderator.

But since Lucille is a moderator, perhaps she wants to issue herself 3 points for abusing her authority to post in her personal forum.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #66
Wilomn
Quote:
Pretend you are me for a moment. What would YOU think is best to do?
Move it to the appropiate forum and leave it be.

It's either, "all for one and one for all," or "teacher's pet," it can't be both.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #67
robin d.
Quote:
It takes two (or more) to tango. There is a long standing feud between some people that really needs to end on this site. What is it going to take for me to do that? Certainly the first thought in some people's minds right now is "ban the other person", depending on what camp they are in.
indeed it does and i got my ten points for it....

Quote:
But since Lucille is a moderator, perhaps she wants to issue herself 3 points for abusing her authority to post in her personal forum.
or more since there are MANY things that she should be asses warning points for (and this is just a few coming off right off the top of my head at this time)... posting off topic, posting in the wrong forum, personal attacks or vendetas unnecessary roughness (this one quite generalized)... you know like stirring the pot

hmm let me look at that list i am sure i can find more wait i really don't have the time to waste on this petty thread almost certainly to bring attention to Lucille in her house... its all gotta be about you huh, Lucille? i am awaiting a phone call from my best friend and thats all i care about right now ... do wish you could learn where your respect, morals, issues and intent lies and also discretion, but pity i almost feel sorry for you, really, you seem so lonely and bitter. but to be honest i have more important things on my mind at this time (and pretty much all other times) to worry about to worry about you or any of this, it's really all rather pathetic IMHO

Old 06-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #68
Ophis
Quote:
Why don't I just allow everyone here to run around like wild Indians doing what the hell they want to do and smack anyone who does find a way to contact me with the label of "tattle tale" and send them on their merry way?
YEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!.........................LORD OF THE FLIES FAUNA STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!..........oh.......um........neve rmind.

Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #69
Ophis
Robin:

On a side note. Where did you pick up that form of Portuguese? I think you need a little tightening up on your translation to English skills. Your way off.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:19 PM   #70
robin d.
not way off just informal portuguese, some slang and dalect... but i am learning "formal" portuguese as well
learning a bit of german and french too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!