Any info on snakebstr - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2003, 10:55 AM   #21
Ken Foose
Just for my own information, what shows were you doing 25 years ago?

Old 12-08-2003, 11:32 AM   #22
snakebstr
Shows have not been around for 25 years. I just worded that statement wrong. I ment I have been in the snake business for 25+ years and have been doing shows since they were around. Bottom line is I have been collecting snakes for a lot longer than most of the people in here who think they know everything...... I don't know everything, but i do know that I can post my animals for what ever the HECK I want to, They are MY SNAKES right, Now if I Try and OUT and OUT lie to someone then they can question me..... But to question me for JUST POSTING A SNAKE for what I think IT is worth TO ME is not A CRIME. I do mY VERY best as to represent My snake for what they are, Now where did I state that this snake WAS A JUNGLE. The snakes speak for themselves. Wether it is worth the 1250.00 or whether it is not worth 1250.00 that is left up to the buyer, If they like the picture they will buy it if not they won't...RIGHT. but anyway bottom line is None of us on here have the right to tell someone they cannot post a snake for what They feel it is worth when The person posting the snake PAYS for the right to post. I think if kingsnake.com made people have to have an account to go in and VEIW posts that would cut down on the stupid bickering about what OTHER PeoPLE CAN ON CANNOT POST THE SNAKES THEY OWN FOR, I think if you had to pay for the right to get on kingsnake.com then the people wouldn't get on that just wanted to start crap. Thanks DAVID

Old 12-08-2003, 11:47 AM   #23
Wilomn
david, I think that a guy who hangs a sign on his back that says - PLEASE KICK ME- and then goes so far as to hang a bullseye target over his a$$ really should expect just what you've gotten.

What exactly are you willing to finish? The absolute certainty that you are just looking for attention and try to bully others into bullying you?

Yes, yes, you have every right to post your animals for whatever you want to and the fact that you have not misrepresented them is given. But you can't expect to just have it go unremarked on.

If you don't like the negative attention there is a really simple solution. Stop posting ads meant to incite the very reaction you are getting.

It is amusing and somewhat pathetic how you get so worked up after inviting people to give you such a hard time.

What exactly did you expect? Especially after the first and second and third ads all generated the same responces. I think you've pretty much proved the theorum that states an outrageous ad will generate outspoken response.

If I put my hand in the garbage disposal and turn it on what do you think will happen to my hand? Consider your ads the garbage disposal and posting them the act of turning it on. You are the hand in the disposal. Why does it surprise you that you get ground up time after time?

Wes Pollock

Old 12-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #24
DThomas
Quote:
Originally posted by snakebstr
The snakes speak for themselves. Wether it is worth the 1250.00 or whether it is not worth 1250.00 that is left up to the buyer, If they like the picture they will buy it if not they won't...
You are totally missing why everyone is on your case. It's very simple. There are many uninformed new people to herps on KS. Alot of them are looking for their first snake there. They have absolutely no idea what the value of any given snake is or what the different morphs are. By posting over inflated prices you are doing two things. You are taking advantage of the inexperienced's ignorance or you are driving them away because the prices are way too high. Both are negative to the industry.

Your adds are decepetful because they take advantage of the inexperienced newbie's ignorance. No one with any experience is even going to give them a second look, except maybe for entertainment purposes. And don't say they should do their research first prior to buying. We all know they don't and to take advantage of that is wrong.

Old 12-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #25
snakebstr
Ok first off..... NO I am not starved for attention...PERIOD. Just because I fight back when someone attacks me for posting an add that THEY do not think is priced right, Maybe someone thinks it is and if they don't then NO ONE has to buy anything from me. I said the snake was a FARM HATCHED BABY right. WE all know that thousands of ball pythons come into the country every April and MAY...when Any of us buy them for 5.00 or less each and sell the nice hold backs for 50.oo - 1250.00 depending on looks. ARN"T WE ALL CROOKS why not just sell them for what we have in them....It's called profit whether it is 5.00 or 1000.00 still profit. Bottom line is we all do it, maybe not to the extent I have or maybe more. I felt the snake was worth 1250.00---That was what it was worth TOO ME...That doesn't make me a moron, Idiot, or Crook that I have been called by people who have never even dealt with me. If it is not worth it to anyone on here then SO be IT Don't buy it or Even give the add a second look I could care less....If you don't wanna pay for the snake then DON'T I didn't say this snake was the BEST LOOKING JUNGLE ON THE NET..did I. I just said it was a nice looking ball python that Looks like what jungles do(meaning have the smae markings(JUNGLE?) Belive me someone ne to the snake business has see FAR higher PRICED BALL PYTHONS than MINE. I see PIEDS for 6,000 to 18,000 for 2003 babies. Are they not worth it? And the bumble bee spider ball is it not worth 45,000? And mine is far cheaper than that one is. Yes I know mine IS PROBABLY NOT GENETIC, But who knows maybe it is? And then it would command a much higher price wouldn't it. I don't think I should have been draged through the coals on that post...In your OWN WORDS....EVERY ACTION HAS A REACTION. If I post a snake I am suposed to get criticized for it...I don't think that is what KINGSNAKE.COM had planned for the classifieds add section. As far as MY REACTION statement all I am saying If someone chooses to take my post to the FORUMS and make a big deal that I posted a snake for 1250.00 than they should be worrie about what I do in return to their good name?bad name whatever. I think peopel in this forum that are just here to start trouble should get a life. This forum is NOT my LIFE nor will It ever be. I came on here because someone told me people were slamming MY name on the fauna classifieds.... I had never even been on the site until that day. But anyway you all take it easy. see ya

Old 12-08-2003, 07:09 PM   #26
John Apple
Yeah yeah yeah
Every action has a reaction, as does your posting of what appeared to be normal balls that were not described as normal.
You didn't expect the reaction you got??, and you have been doing this for how long?? Yet as one poster called on your mastery of the English language you sound like a immature ______ [fill in the blank]
And you call your idiocy fighting back

Old 12-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #27
snakebstr
Hey john apple nice to see you put your 2 cents in...... Guess you need your change huh. here's john's 2 cents back since it isn't worth the screen it was printed on. With statements of that nature guess my feelings will be hurt. Oh boy what a bummer. Someone can post here and not even know the situation. Guess you think it is right for US to have KINGSNAKE.cOM police that tell us what we can or cannot do with OUR animals EVEN IF THEY ARE NORMALS....Bottom line is I can POST the SNAKES for Whatever I FEEL LIKE...you may not like the add then move on tto the NEXT ONE..Is that to hard to figure out. WHY post bad STUFF about someone YOU have NEVER DELT with? When someone can answer that QUESTION with a good intelligent answer then I might listen, but until then If you all wanna slam me for posting a snake for .10 to 1,000,000 On a OPEN forum that will get more feedback from me. How many of you would have called me a crook if I would have posted a PASTEL for a normal and for only 50.00. GUESS the guy who bought the snake would have also called me an IDIOT behind my back after buying the snake from me...LOL. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know a ABOVE average ball python from a COMMON NORMAL.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2003, 04:53 PM   #28
snakebstr
The above ball pythons are from AFRICA, Guess they are Normals also? Guess this is a NORMAL also. See ya'll later
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #29
John Apple
Evans...yup you can post your balls for whatever you want, call them what you want, say they could be genetic for this that and the other.Still you will have to expect the credit you are DUE here.
lemmee see , nice balls decent colors and such but they look like normals to me[ no expert here but seen a lot of balls] I have seen stripes that are full stripes and true clowns and pastel balls.
Saw a lot of 'normals'.
Hurting your feelings ...who cares it was not a consideration.
A normal is a normal no matter what the tag you put on it.
My opinion is just that don't like it ......so.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:08 PM   #30
NEWReptiles
Just curious of what you are going to label the above normals as?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david evans