George Page (Bad Guy?) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
Dave123
George Page (Bad Guy?)

Hey everyone,

This year was my first year breeding snakes and everything went smoothly. I posted an add on a reptile site that said I had 12 snakes for sale. A few had problems and I set the price for all 12 at only 150 dollars. A man names George Page e-mailed me and said he was interested in the whole group. I talked with him numerous times on e-mail and on the phone. He lives in Hobbs New Mexico. I sent the snakes to him and he said the check was on the way. That was about a month ago and no check. I have called and e-mailed him and once he called back. He apologized but said he thought he had someone send it. He said he would check and it would be here that Saturday. That was over a week ago and nothing came.

I have called him again but he hasn't called back. Has anyone ever heard of this guy or done business with him? I understand that mistakes happen and I hope this is all a mix up and will be resolved soon.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
jusmebabee
Never heard of him but you have been ripped off. Never ship before you have money in hand. If it's a check let it clear before shipping.
Chalk this up to a learning ecperience. Another thing, a crook is always going to be nice when he/she is trying to get something from you. Once they have taken you so goes the nice friendly person you remember. All contact ends.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Dave123
Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is a learning experiance, it will never happen again! I know I said check but I think it may have been coming through as a money order. I am only 15 years old so I am just glad I learned this when the snakes were not woth much money!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
jusmebabee
Wow I thought you were a adult. Sorry someone has ripped off a young person. There are many good people and many bad people in the herp world as in life. Just don't let that ruin your persuit of selling reptiles. The good out way the bad. His name is here for all to see so if he tries to sell something and people do a search they will see thathe ripped off a 15 year old.
Good Luck

Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave123
Hey everyone,

This year was my first year breeding snakes and everything went smoothly. I posted an add on a reptile site that said I had 12 snakes for sale. A few had problems and I set the price for all 12 at only 150 dollars. A man names George Page e-mailed me and said he was interested in the whole group. I talked with him numerous times on e-mail and on the phone. He lives in Hobbs New Mexico. I sent the snakes to him and he said the check was on the way. That was about a month ago and no check. I have called and e-mailed him and once he called back. He apologized but said he thought he had someone send it. He said he would check and it would be here that Saturday. That was over a week ago and nothing came.

I have called him again but he hasn't called back. Has anyone ever heard of this guy or done business with him? I understand that mistakes happen and I hope this is all a mix up and will be resolved soon.

What's the email address? If you could post the emails that would be good start.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
critical bill
Thats pretty low to take advantage of kid.

Think of it this way Dave......maybe one day you'll be in charge of changing out his oxygen tank or perhaps training his seeing eye dog.

DOH!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #7
Serafim
Chuck that was pretty low. Its even worse that it was his first clutch. Tough lesson to have to learn. David could you post all the informtion you have about this guy emails shipping addresses etc. It would help

Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
Chuck that was pretty low. Its even worse that it was his first clutch. Tough lesson to have to learn. David could you post all the informtion you have about this guy emails shipping addresses etc. It would help
Lol Should have read I agree chuck.That was pretty low. Stupid punctuation and all that LOL

Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #9
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
Lol Should have read I agree chuck.That was pretty low. Stupid punctuation and all that LOL
Hey don't worry about punctuation.....its all about attitude and you've got the right kind for Georgie Porgie.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
cccreptile
I think alot us have had to learn lessons the hard way. And that suck that your first time breeding and selling went bad. He tried to buy some geckos from me not to long ago but I had allready sold them local. He seemed like a good guy talking to him but sometimes you never know. Next time get a postal money order first. Good luck getting this solved.
P.S. let him know you posted this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!