George Page (Bad Guy?) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
Dave123
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I didn't know that I could post all his person information so here is it. I already did the reverse phone and address thing on his info and the address came up as a girls with a different last name. I know where he works from his e-mail.

George Page
3301 Hardy Ln.
Hobbs, NM 88240
Cell-505-441-7233

He e-mailed me the first two times asking questions about the snakes from gpage@hobbs.oilfield.slb.com. And I just realized the last time it was under an Edward Hargrove. That e-mail is ehargrove@webster.oilfield.slb.com.

I typed in SLB Oil Field in google and Schlumberger Oilfield came up.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #12
Keith Northrop
Dave.... You sent your snakes to the above Address? That town has a E Hardy St. The cell is listed from Hobbs NM....How did you ship the snakes?
I have access to NM PropertyTax Info, But must have a Name to run. What
name did you find attached to the Cell Phone?
We can find out who this low life is... Easy...

Old 12-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #13
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop
Dave.... You sent your snakes to the above Address? That town has a E Hardy St. The cell is listed from Hobbs NM....How did you ship the snakes?
I have access to NM PropertyTax Info, But must have a Name to run. What
name did you find attached to the Cell Phone?
We can find out who this low life is... Easy...
Well the guy called me when he got the snakes so I guess they got there. I sent them through a friend who lives around here. He is Fed-ex certified and is in the snake business. He sent me the tracking info and everything.

On one of the e-mails it says George R. Page III. I have called his cell and it goes straight to voicemail but it does say George Page on the recording. I reversed the phone but it is a cell so I didn't a name off that. How would you be able to find out who he is? Have I given you enough information? Thanks for your help!

Old 12-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
cccreptile
When I talked with him he said he was with Cruces Exotics and keep in mind his last name could be spelled Page or Paige. And what did you send him. But please post the e-mails so we see both sides of the story. Also did you send a e-mail to him or leave a message to let him know that his name has been posted here. Because when both sides of the story come out things are somtimes resolved. Hopefuly
but when contacting him be peaceful, tempers and attitudes can only make things worse and there never resolved at that point. So if there was just a mistake it can be worked out.
US postal orders/western union money orders are good way to send money and you can get it overnight. So there no way of saying its in mail and it should be there next week and thats another week your in limbo.
Mistakes can happen in the mail but it take nothing call the bank and look up a check (if it was sent) cancel it and go to the post office/western union and get your money to you in one to three business days.
good luck, keep everyone informed

Old 12-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccreptile
When I talked with him he said he was with Cruces Exotics and keep in mind his last name could be spelled Page or Paige. And what did you send him. But please post the e-mails so we see both sides of the story. Also did you send a e-mail to him or leave a message to let him know that his name has been posted here. Because when both sides of the story come out things are somtimes resolved. Hopefuly
but when contacting him be peaceful, tempers and attitudes can only make things worse and there never resolved at that point. So if there was just a mistake it can be worked out.
US postal orders/western union money orders are good way to send money and you can get it overnight. So there no way of saying its in mail and it should be there next week and thats another week your in limbo.
Mistakes can happen in the mail but it take nothing call the bank and look up a check (if it was sent) cancel it and go to the post office/western union and get your money to you in one to three business days.
good luck, keep everyone informed
I sent him 12 corn snakes or various morphs. I have not sent him an e-mail telling him that his name was on here..what is the best wasy of nicely saying that? I will post the e-mails between us but sadly most of the talking and stuff was over the phone. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #16
cccreptile
what you say will have to be in your own words just DO NOT use profane lang., make treats, have a big attitude. I know it will be hard, but try to be professional. There has been another post were a person had been ripped off and got mad and lost it. and when they went to the home of the bad guy. the bad guy played previos voice mail to the cops and it made the victim look like the bad guy. i didn't really keep up with that but it sounded a little out of hand. but i'm not going to take sides because i'm only getting one half of the story. the cruces exotics does have a web-site.
keep in mind there may not be nothing you can do. this may just be a bad learning experance. I've had many bad experances myself even from people know as really good guys here, and some I wish i had read BOI before hand. Because the BOI was right. All we can do is live and learn.
good luck

Old 12-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #17
Dave123
From George on October 26th.

"Hello,
I am interested in the whole group. Is there a price break for the grop?"

I responded by saying...
"> Hello,
>
> Ok, so I added it up and it looks like it will be 210 for all of
> them. If you would want them all I could sell them for 150. If
> that is too much just give me an offer. Do you live in Charlotte?
> Then it will be really easy."

He said this on October 27th.
"Do you have a phone #. Where I can contact you?"

I talked to him over a few days and set up the shipping with my friend. He send me his address...

"David,
My address is as follows;
3301 hardy ln.
hobbs, nm 88240"

I sent him my address for the money order and then he called and said he was going to ship it.

I forgot to add this to the prior post. I sent the snakes and I was just calling to check on if he had sent the money. He said that he was at the bank as was sending it. So he either totally lied to me or the money got lost.

Hope the e-mails I posted helps some.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #18
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccreptile
what you say will have to be in your own words just DO NOT use profane lang., make treats, have a big attitude. I know it will be hard, but try to be professional. There has been another post were a person had been ripped off and got mad and lost it. and when they went to the home of the bad guy. the bad guy played previos voice mail to the cops and it made the victim look like the bad guy. i didn't really keep up with that but it sounded a little out of hand. but i'm not going to take sides because i'm only getting one half of the story. the cruces exotics does have a web-site.
keep in mind there may not be nothing you can do. this may just be a bad learning experance. I've had many bad experances myself even from people know as really good guys here, and some I wish i had read BOI before hand. Because the BOI was right. All we can do is live and learn.
good luck
Thanks for all your help. There is no way I could talk or even e-mail someone using bad language or being mean in a way. I was just wondering how to approach telling him that. I will send another e-mail telling him this and maybe it will all be resolved. If not, I am not that worried. I will never do business and hopefully this will help to stop others before the do business. I have learned a lesson and it makes me feel good that me...the 15 year old is the mature person.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #19
Dave123
I sent it. Here is what I said...

"George,

I have still not received any money order or any e-mail from you. My dad has talked to you but I haven't gotten anything. I am a member of fauna classifieds and have made a thread about this situation in the BOI. Hopefully this is resolved and I can tell everyone on the forums that it was worked out. If not, I hope others will see the thread and learn from my mistake.

Take Care,
David"

Old 12-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #20
cka
What a shame, but way to show maturity in dealing with this jerk, Dave...and kudo's to the folks giving you a hand tracking this guy down

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!