Northwest Florida Herp - Kenneth Craig (bad guy) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #11
ravensgait
Sorry to hear this Josh,,,
That's a ways from where Bobby lives,, Bobby know anyone over that way?? Randy

Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #12
Flagg
I was considering a snake from this dealer as well, but the fact that he ships UPS threw up a red flag before I even checked the BOI.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
Joejr14
They're in Tallahassee, FL. They own a pet store on North Monroe street. The place is a dump, and the care provided for the animals isn't exactly 'great'. I was in there a few times and noticed crickets eating lizards and said something---and just got a shrug out of the guys.

Fact is, I think they make most of their money by selling rodents at $1 a pop there. They never had too much in the way of stuff in the store.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 PM   #14
varnyard
Well, I know a bunch of people Randy. As a matter of fact Rich lives there, lol. I would think he might know who this is.

I was also talking to a real good friend here, he said this guy is great to deal with. This would be hearsay as far as I am concerned, but I do trust my friends opinion on this.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:18 AM   #15
JakeMilbradt
I tried to buy a snake from this guy several months ago. Luckily he showed his true colors to me before I sent him any money. I had just bought an adult male water python a couple of weeks earlier at a show. I figured I'd have a hard time finding a female for him, but then I saw an ad he had up for an adult female.

I e-mailed him several times about the snake, and I was prepared to buy it. Then I noticed one thing--I had no idea who the guy actually was. Here are some of the last few e-mails we exchanged (warning--his get pretty graphic at the end):

Me:
Ok, I'd like to get her. One thing, though, I don't even know your name as you haven't mentioned it in any of your e-mails. How would you like me to pay you?

Jake

Him:
You can do paypal through this email address nw_fh@comcast.net or send a money order to Northwest Florida Herpetological 903 w. tharpe st Tallahassee FL. 32303

Me:
Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to your e-mail until now. I've been out of town. In my last e-mail I said, "One thing, though, I don't even know your name as you haven't mentioned it in any of your e-mails." I don't if you missed this part of my e-mail.

I would really like to get this snake, but to be honest with you I'm pretty apprehensive about sending money to people I don't know. This is further compounded by the fact that I still don't even know to whom I'd be sending money.

If you could put my mind at ease, and help reassure me that I won't get ripped off, I'd like to buy this snake from you.

Thanks again,

Jake Milbradt

Him:
I responded to your email shortly after you sent it. I said you could paypal the payment to this email address nw_fh@comcast.net or you could send a money order to Northwest Florida Herpetological 903 w. tharpe st. Tallahassee FL. 32303 That's who you're sending money to this isn't just a jack*ss selling one snake online it's a business that's the name the bank account is under and paypal. We ship animals all l over the world and I assure you I wouldn't put my reputation at stake over a water python not to mention people who rip people off don't last very long in the business. If I remember correctly you mentioned you were either in FL or close by so I'm sure you could find someone who knows the business or if you're that uncomfortable with doing business online perhaps just stick to shows or petshops but in my experience I've had a touch of badluck with all of those methods almost equally.

Me:
First of all, I never said you didn't respond to my e-mail. I received your response telling me where I could send money, but totally ignoring my question about what your name was.

As for my location, I don't live in FL. I live in Kansas. I've never heard of your business before. You said you wouldn't put your reputation at stake by ripping someone off. How could ripping someone off hurt your reputation when you don't even give your name out? I could easily register on kingsnake as "Southcentral Kansas Herpetology" and refuse to give my name out to potential customers. Then when someone sent me money, I could screw them over, change my business name on kingsnake, and start all over again.

You should look at this from my perspective. You may think you have an outstanding reputation and you say you ship snakes all over the world. Like I said before, though, I've never heard of you in my 17 years of reptile-keeping. Do you have a website? Do you have references? Do you have any other evidence to actually prove to me that you are, as you say, a legitimate business besides a few ads on kingsnake and a paypal account?

I don't understand why you would make it so hard for someone to give you money. All I wanted was a little reassurance that I wasn't going to be totally screwed over.

One last thought--you said "this isn't just a jack*ss selling one snake online it's a business." I don't know what could have given me an impression like that--oh wait, maybe it was your total lack of professionalism in your e-mails, your horrendous punctuation, or the pics of the snake in someone's BATHTUB.

Jake

Him:
Haha you're such an ignorant pr*ck it hurts maybe thats why I don't pass out my name or hmmm oh yeah it's a goddamned actual f*cking business and anybody can respond to your emails dumb*ss. Now if it wasn't a for real business why would I say make a money order out to it? Obviously you can't cash amoney order if it's in a fictitious name unless that name is registered and you have a tax id you jack*ss. So in closing read before you write and I assure you in your oh so glamourous awe inspiring 17 years of reptile keeping you haven't met everyone so you turly showed your ignorance there. I could name 50 people off the top of my head who have been in this business since the 70's that I'm sure you've never heard of b ecause they wouldn't waste their time with a juvenile c**ksucker like yourself but hey by all means have a nice day.

Once again, sorry for the graphic nature of his e-mails. If they're against the TOS, then a moderator will hopefully edit them accordingly. Like someone else said earlier, I tried looking up his info on this site, but there was nothing positive or negative. I thought about posting this earlier on here, but decided against it since we never ended up having a transaction. It's sort of funny, though--I still never found out his name until I saw this thread.

Jake

Old 12-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #16
Sideline Hobbies
Leafhopper has gone out of business as far as we know. He was posting to kingsnake for a while but that seems to have ended. The reason he is no longer at that location is he lost his lease to a contractor who developed that property and Tallahassee is not an easy town to open a Heep shop in. I KNOW! We have a small shop called Scale Critters that is owned and operated by Sideline Hobbies, L.L.C. NF was a good business, just ran into some problems.......Hope that isn't our destiny!?!?!?!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #17
Sideline Hobbies
SORRY, Leafhopper show read "NWFHerp"

Old 12-16-2007, 12:19 AM   #18
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Sideline Hobbies is an unusual name, your parents must be very creative....

Old 12-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #19
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline Hobbies
SORRY, Leafhopper show read "NWFHerp"
Your first and last BIRTH name should be posted in the BOI. Only the facts are accepted here, not flights of fantasy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!