Can This Go Viral? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Web Wheeler
Can This Go Viral?

An awarded teacher, an avid reptile lover, a man that is doing an amazing job educating the public about the wonder of reptiles, is praised in the Toronto Star for his work, while the "experts" are fear mongering -- in less than 24 hours!

Please let your opinions be known here, or on the blog, and please pass this info on to your reptile friends!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Web Wheeler
I just checked the "Worms and Germs Blog" and, so far, no comments have been posted, even though I personally know of several individuals who have commented.

Here's a Salmonella primer (and response to the blog) that I just wrote:

Playing the Salmonella Card

Even though no comments have yet been posted to the Worms and Germs Blog, please keep them coming as I intend to write a letter to the editor of the Toronto Star and would like to use your comments.

Please also post your comments here as well as on the blog.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
There are no dangers in handling reptiles as long as proper sanitation procedures are followed. From the article in the paper, the teacher is knowledgeable in handling reptiles & is teaching the kids to handle them responsibly.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Snake-Queen
They aren't going to post any comments that disagree with their point of view.

Quote:
Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments, we have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for approval the first time you post a comment. Your comment will be approved as soon as possible.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Web Wheeler
Snake-Queen and others, it does appear that you are correct, that Dr. Weese is not posting any dissenting comments on the University of Guelph "Worms and Germs Blog."

By not posting any dissenting comments, and by only presenting one side of the debate, it looks more like this person is generating propaganda instead of academia.

I, of course, believe this blog should be questioned and challenged by what is supposed to be a world class university. If university officials don't publicly challenge this blog, then we must do so in whatever form is most effective.

I intend to question this blog in the media via a letter to the original author of the article in the Toronto Star as well as in an opinion piece to the editor.

Until Dr. Weese starts posting your comments, please comment here. Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!