Bronx Reptiles Inguiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:19 AM   #1
jd4190
Bronx Reptiles Inguiry

Has anyone ever dealt with them? I thought I got a sweet deal on some c.b.b ball pythons at 12 for $240.00 but when I recieved them they were all tick and mite infected, looked as if all had internal parasites, scared and 3 were all but dead ( which died 2 days later). I have tried to call bronx reptiles and keep getting blown off by the secretary. I think the owner is James Creyman or Greyman not sure could not get a straight answer from the secretary, just that she was passing the message along to him. I also sent e-mails and a certified letter ( which was refused) and still no reply. I know have 7 snakes left after only 2 weeks and none readily except food which was one of the things that was advertised, " Feeding large c.b.b Ball Pythons". Any info on this place would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Josh Dale

Old 10-06-2004, 10:02 AM   #2
Gargoyle420
They get farmed reps,imports,etc

Your gonna get wildcaught goodness from them.Ticks,mites,the works.They ship them out without even looking at them.I will assume you bought them for wholesale prices.At one place I worked part time the arrivals had a 50/50 chance of surviving.That was 15 years ago and it doesnt sound likes it's changed much since then.Good luck..Paul Yancick.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #3
KNOBTAIL
Bronx Reptiles will not be around much

longer. You can take it from good authority that the owner is being put out of business, so I would not expect anything from them. Its just a matter of time. He (the current owner) from what I understand has defaulted on his note and everything is currently in litigation. Be glad they dont owe you any money, and be thankful that you received what you got!

Old 10-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #4
David Scarboro
About that price...

I don't know who said it first but the old adage "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't" certainly applies.
David Scarboro
Dahlonega, Ga.

Old 10-06-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
Bruce Lowder
I have heard from several sources that they are now out of business....... Can't verify first hand, though.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
Sunshines2day
Not firsthand info but.....

I was going to sell Bronx Reptiles some baby BRB's a couple of years ago and ended up selling elsewhere. I luckily heard from a local reptile source that they still hadn't gotten payment on a shipment of box turtles. They waited for 3 months when I was told this. I never heard if they were ever paid for the turtles or not, but I sold my snakes elsewhere.

Linda Misch

Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
jd4190
Yeah It was to good to be true, but yah live and yah learn. I have contacted the BBB and reported him, He probably is going out of business cuz every time I call now I get the due to a family emergency we are off this week. Funny, that has been for 2 weeks. Oh well I guess I will write it off and deal only with reputable people from now on. Definatlet inquire here first before any purchases. Thanks all who replied.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:43 PM   #8
mingdurga
Thumbs down bronx reptiles

They have always been a "garbage dump" for imported animals since their days on Broadway near 238th st. in the Bronx. The former owner/operator,
Bruce Edelman, now operates out of Fla., dry goods only I believe. I think he still retains an interest in the Bronx Reptile operation (located in Yonkers, NY.)
Why they sell only to the "wholesale trade" is evident if you ever visited their operation in Yonkers.
Bargain hunters always get what they pay for 99% of the time.

LOL getting any money back.

Mike

Old 10-07-2004, 07:12 PM   #9
KNOBTAIL
Mike, Bruce has nothing to do with

Bronx Reptiles other than the obligation of receiving payment from the current owners. Who incidentally have defaulted on their loan to Bruce and are personally liable for allot of money. Right now its in litigation. The entire note has been called in.

You are correct about Bruce selling drygoods and some herps here in So. Fla.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #10
ljsreptiles
I do beleive that they are out of business now. I know several people that have tried calling them, and the number is disconnected.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!