suspected worms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
PoohBear03031
suspected worms

I think I found a worm in Tequilas poop the other day, now she hasn't pooped since. The sample I had was too dried up to bring to the vets. For those who have had dragons with worms what are their symptoms if any? I am going to bring a sample to the vet as soon as she gives me one, but for now any help would be great.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
neatochickens27
I just bought 1000 mealies yesterday and starting feeding my beardie with them yesterday too.She crapped once since then and no problems that i can see.Your beardie's digestive system just probably isnt adjusted to them.Try feeding one mealies for ever 5-10 crix to see if you can get him/her to adjust.If not, then youd be better off feeding crix.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
PoohBear03031
oh, whoops. When I said worms, I meant the parasite type. Not mealies or superworms. Sorry for the mix up and thanks for your reply anyway.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:17 AM   #4
Rebel Dragons
I would schedule an appointment with your vet asap. If you bring the dragon in the vet can take a sample then and look for parasites.

Till then just make sure that the dragon is still eating, drinking and pooping. If any of those things start to change get to the vet pronto.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!