AL Cortiz, BAD GUY - Page 42 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:13 AM   #411
ravensgait
Justyn, maybe you should get to work so you can pay off all those folks you ripped off!!! Try this Justyn get up out of your chair and walk over to the nearest wall, no no not the window the wall!! then close your eyes and lean back and then quickly bend forward till your head strikes the wall sharply!! do this at least 5 times as quickly as you can. Now hopefully you have knocked some sense into yourself and can go turn the computer off. I hope that you now realise that until you make good you need to lay low IE stop posting on forums. If you don't realise this then go back over to the wall, hey not the window and start from the beginning . Keep repeating this till you realise that you need to lay low. You'll be happier and we'll be happier and the folks you stole from will be happier that instead of posting here you might be out trying to earn some money to pay them back with.

Well Wes ya pissed me off now, you just had to drag this thread back up and low and behold now we have Justyn posting here again !!!!! Randy

Old 02-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #412
Gary O
Justyn as you see it is taken care off. As when you went there just to attack. I seen it first and handled it. But I did not go around here saying you went there to start BS did I? It was between you and I what you did.

I did not see the posts. One of my mods handled it. You know going on the threads with the pics is going to cuase issues. But you still go. Do not act like it will not cuase issues.

You do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Do not act like Wes and think you do. Not one soul knew that you went to TRR a week or so ago and tried to get this going AGAIN.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:27 AM   #413
Intense Herpetoculture
I did make some statements to provoke Al to put up pics of the water cobras to show that they were different they what we was saying. You then asked me not to, so I stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Justyn as you see it is taken care off. As when you went there just to attack. I seen it first and handled it. But I did not go around here saying you went there to start BS did I? It was between you and I what you did.

I did not see the posts. One of my mods handled it. You know going on the threads with the pics is going to cuase issues. But you still go. Do not act like it will not cuase issues.

You do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Do not act like Wes and think you do. Not one soul knew that you went to TRR a week or so ago and tried to get this going AGAIN.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #414
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Herpetoculture
First, this thread is about Al. Second, I have never taken focus off my debts to others, never. I will freely bring it up, it's something I'm not proud of, but I put myself in that situation. Do I have to keep saying this?
Justyn

The character, (or lack of), of the person making the accusations is always relevant to any discussion. You have proven yours to be less than stellar. Since you insist on assigning cute nicknames like 'Smugglin Al" when you have no real basis for it, i think you need one of your own.

Henceforth, you will simply be called "Justyn the Thief"

Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #415
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Herpetoculture
I did make some statements to provoke Al to put up pics of the water cobras to show that they were different they what we was saying. You then asked me not to, so I stopped.
I did not say you did not stop. The point was do not think that nothing is happening. I do not publicly go off on a person. Well if I do the person is one that does not get it via PM.

Everything gets handled. If the issue is not you then you will not hear about it.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #416
Phobos
He has done this on venomoussnakes.org. not sure if I posted this before (the following screen shot), but after I refused to help Al when he was ripped off in the Congo he posted the following message directly above mine before he deleted my ads. Mind you, this was less then a month after me and Al's only business dealing went very well and him and Joe said they would recommend me to others.

Now why would Al post this on the classifieds he moderates when his business transaction went so well with me? Sounds like the EXACT revenge Al said he would take on me when I refused to help him (I first said I would help him, but I withdrew that offer after Al threatened me).

Justyn:

Once again get you facts straight.

I don't moderate on SHHS in a vacuum, we operate as a team there. I copied Karl Betz who is the VP of SHHS and assistant site manager what I did and why. Guess what, he supported me deleting you ad's, Why because you're a THIEF! See excerpt:
__________________________________________________ ___________

http://www.venomousreptiles.org/foru...s/32308?page=3

You have posted this several times:
"This thread is about Al and why he put that I was a scammer and pulled by ads after doing business with me."
I have reviewed everything that you have presented including the entire BOI thread, the jpgs of your emails, and everything else that has been posted here.
I have also reviewed the Classifieds Terms of Service on our website which hardly anyone ever seems to read.
I think that anyone would have to agree that I have been as impartial as I can be in reviewing this complaint.
While rule #4 of the CTOS requires everyone who has a business that sells herps to get permission from the Classifieds Manager to conduct that business through our classifieds - I am sure that most of the vendors using our site do not follow that rule and that transgression should probably be overlooked.
However, the Fraud section is much more pertinent:

"Fraud
If you think you have been ripped off by another member of VenomousReptiles.org, there are several things you can do, depending on how far you want to take your complaint. We recommend you start with the first two steps below, before following up on any others.

1. Talk to the other member. Sometimes it may seem like you've been ripped off when what really has happened is there has been a miscommunication. See if this is the case before you take your complaint to the next level.
2. Contact the Classifieds Manager. If you feel this is an outright case of fraud or a blatant misuse of the VenomousReptiles.org Classifieds, send us an email with the person's Nick Name. We will investigate it and if we are able to determine with certainty that there was a misuse we will block the member from using the site and delete all of their ads. Please consider this a fairly extreme measure - it takes a lot of time to follow up on these complaints.
3. Contact a third party to resolve the problem. If you need to, contact an outside party to arbitrate your dispute.
4. File a formal complaint. If you paid for an item but never received it, this is considered mail fraud. You can contact your local Post Office or the National Fraud Information Center (http://www.fraud.com) and file a formal complaint."

Based on step 2, I would say that regardless of how his personal dealings with you went, Al would be correct in removing your ads based on your own admissions that you have received moneys for animals that you have not provided for which no refund has been given. His own decisions to deal with someone that he believes to be a "scammer" should not restrict his required actions in the administration of this website.
I hope that you get your business dealings straightened out and get your life back on track but I believe that Al acted in the best interests of the website.
R/
Karl H. Betz

I

Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #417
Wilomn
So, no one EVER complained about justyn over at venomousreptiles.org. It was business as usual, day in day out, ads up and people seeing them, fully able to decide for themselves what to do with the VERY public information about justyn's screwups. Cool, nice of you guys to do that.

HOWEVER, once one of your staff members, who had not only done business with justyn and done well by that business, but had made a promise, given his word, which is apparently worthless, to tell others that their deal had gone well, once this moderator decided that justyn needed to be punished for not helping this moderator get money back that was foolishly sent to an exporter, THEN and only THEN, was action taken against justyn.

I can't see a single thing wrong with that. Nope. Not a single one.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #418
BWSmith
The issue in question has long since been resolved. Why is this still going? There is absolutely no logical reason for this discussion to have continued this long other than drama for the sake of drama fueled by lack of contructive activities in "real life".

Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #419
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWSmith
The issue in question has long since been resolved. Why is this still going? There is absolutely no logical reason for this discussion to have continued this long other than drama for the sake of drama fueled by lack of contructive activities in "real life".
Then perhaps, since you feel so strongly about it, you should get a "real life" and stop the prolonging of which you complain, thereby prolonging that of which you complain.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #420
Intense Herpetoculture
Smugglin Al, am I correct in saying that you only posted about me being a "thief" after I told you I would not help you recover the money? Before that you and your partner even answered on of my ads on there and bought animals off of me successfully? You only pushed to have me banned after you said you would take revenge on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos
He has done this on venomoussnakes.org. not sure if I posted this before (the following screen shot), but after I refused to help Al when he was ripped off in the Congo he posted the following message directly above mine before he deleted my ads. Mind you, this was less then a month after me and Al's only business dealing went very well and him and Joe said they would recommend me to others.

Now why would Al post this on the classifieds he moderates when his business transaction went so well with me? Sounds like the EXACT revenge Al said he would take on me when I refused to help him (I first said I would help him, but I withdrew that offer after Al threatened me).

Justyn:

Once again get you facts straight.

I don't moderate on SHHS in a vacuum, we operate as a team there. I copied Karl Betz who is the VP of SHHS and assistant site manager what I did and why. Guess what, he supported me deleting you ad's, Why because you're a THIEF! See excerpt:
__________________________________________________ ___________

http://www.venomousreptiles.org/foru...s/32308?page=3

You have posted this several times:
"This thread is about Al and why he put that I was a scammer and pulled by ads after doing business with me."
I have reviewed everything that you have presented including the entire BOI thread, the jpgs of your emails, and everything else that has been posted here.
I have also reviewed the Classifieds Terms of Service on our website which hardly anyone ever seems to read.
I think that anyone would have to agree that I have been as impartial as I can be in reviewing this complaint.
While rule #4 of the CTOS requires everyone who has a business that sells herps to get permission from the Classifieds Manager to conduct that business through our classifieds - I am sure that most of the vendors using our site do not follow that rule and that transgression should probably be overlooked.
However, the Fraud section is much more pertinent:

"Fraud
If you think you have been ripped off by another member of VenomousReptiles.org, there are several things you can do, depending on how far you want to take your complaint. We recommend you start with the first two steps below, before following up on any others.

1. Talk to the other member. Sometimes it may seem like you've been ripped off when what really has happened is there has been a miscommunication. See if this is the case before you take your complaint to the next level.
2. Contact the Classifieds Manager. If you feel this is an outright case of fraud or a blatant misuse of the VenomousReptiles.org Classifieds, send us an email with the person's Nick Name. We will investigate it and if we are able to determine with certainty that there was a misuse we will block the member from using the site and delete all of their ads. Please consider this a fairly extreme measure - it takes a lot of time to follow up on these complaints.
3. Contact a third party to resolve the problem. If you need to, contact an outside party to arbitrate your dispute.
4. File a formal complaint. If you paid for an item but never received it, this is considered mail fraud. You can contact your local Post Office or the National Fraud Information Center (http://www.fraud.com) and file a formal complaint."

Based on step 2, I would say that regardless of how his personal dealings with you went, Al would be correct in removing your ads based on your own admissions that you have received moneys for animals that you have not provided for which no refund has been given. His own decisions to deal with someone that he believes to be a "scammer" should not restrict his required actions in the administration of this website.
I hope that you get your business dealings straightened out and get your life back on track but I believe that Al acted in the best interests of the website.
R/
Karl H. Betz

I

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!