Bad Guy Scaredy Cat Geckos and Pokey's Geckos - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #21
GirlZilla
You are still not answering the questions...

Old 04-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #22
Kimfishepet
I am also concerned with why the op hasn't answered the questions. A crested gecko doesn't die within an hour unless it is visibly very ill to begin with or exposed to extreme stressors.

On another note, I have purchased around a dozen geckos from scaredy cat geckos which were shipped to me on three separate occasions. They have always arrived more beautiful than their pictures and in perfect health. Most of the geckos I have had for a year, and a few for a month and they have always been healthy, good eaters, etc.

Ashley has always responded promptly to any questions I have, and gone out of her way to help me find a gecko I am looking to buy, even if it isn't one she has listed for sale. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for healthy, beautiful geckos from a compassionate and hard working breeder!

Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #23
Micha
Looks like you're evading the same questions on your Facebook page about the gecko being in sunlight while on your way home. Instead you keep going on and on about a website telling you the temp was 70 degrees and ignoring the fact that Temps can rise in a closed container while in direct sunlight. The other gecko was probably shaded and therefore didn't die.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
Looks like you're evading the same questions on your Facebook page about the gecko being in sunlight while on your way home.
I think it is a game for Josh. Ignoring questions and going on the offensive, hoping to bulldoze any naysayers.
It isn't that easy, Josh.
Josh, I think you've made everyone's 'Do not sell to' list. Not only because of the gecko that died in your care, but because you are tirelessly trying to besmirch the reps of others to take the heat off yourself.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #25
Chris Kennard
Is that condensation I see in the deli cup? If it is, that explains everything.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #26
jerseygirl
I have purchased from Ashley of Scaredy Cat Geckos multiple times and have always received nothing but top quality healthy animals from her, and will purchase from her again in a heart beat.

The Chug/Kick #56 gecko that you say is dead in the deli cup looks to be a nice healthy weight and shows no signs of health problems or dehydration what-so-ever. Geckos like that just don't die within a few hours.

I too am looking forward to your answers to Krystal's questions.

Ashley does not deserve this thread in the least, she went above and beyond.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:49 AM   #27
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
I have known Ashley since she was a sprout. She's not going to do what this ... person said. She's pretty damn stand up, for a girl.
Just curious are women generally less stand up than men??

Old 04-13-2015, 01:26 AM   #28
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
Just curious are women generally less stand up than men??
To answer would be to go off topic. We ALL know I don't do that.

Ashley is one of the good ones out there.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:11 AM   #29
Pasodama
The OP states, on Facebook, that he did not leave the gecko, in his vehicle, while at the expo. He states that the gecko perished during/after an hour long drive home. Stating that a cooler was not necessary and that windows down, during the drive, is sufficient.

He does not seem to understand that it does not matter if air is coming in via the windows. A closed deli, with some "tiny" holes, will still become a hot "green house", regardless of the outside air around the deli, if not protected from other outside elements (such as the sun, a "hot spot" in a vehicle, etc.).

He also stated/asked what should he have done "buy a cooler?" (as though that is ridiculous).
Seems he does not have the forethought to bring a cooler with him.

I know that I always take a cooler with me. Even use one to transport my critters if transport is needed. Plus, depending on weather, I insert a cool pack, or heat pack, into the cooler. Seems common sense to me.

With the kind of thinking, that the OP displays, I would never want him to transport one of my critters.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #30
Skinker
I left a large, empty deli cup in the back window of my car for a few days and it melted. Temperatures ranging from 65-85 at the time yet plenty enough sun to greenhouse the thing down to an unrecognizable blob.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!