Bad Guy Scaredy Cat Geckos and Pokey's Geckos - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #31
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
He also stated/asked what should he have done "buy a cooler?" (as though that is ridiculous)
I need to make one small correction.
The rest of my post was correct but the portion quoted above isn't quite correct.
What he had actually said was:
"So what do you guys do when you get in a car and leave? Buy them a cooler?". (as though that is ridiculous).

Anyway, there is also question, by some, as to whether the 2nd gecko, from Ashley, actually has FTS.

The following screenshots includes someone (Rachel Wintjen) who appears to have been at the expo when OP returned. They are kind of interesting in light of what the OP claims:
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2015, 08:00 AM   #32
Sublime Reptiles
The fact is even at 68 degrees, the inside of the car was at LEAST nearly 90 degrees (fact is it was likely way warmer as who goes into a reptile show for 20 minutes?), opening the winds cools the air although how long before that air was cool? Where was the gecko? Was it hanging out where it could get cool air? If it was, it was likely left in the sunlight.

One died but not the others. Realize animals deal with stress differently. Since being in this community since 2006 I have seen several friends loose animals due to heating problems. If all animals adapted to heat stress the same way, they would either all live, or all die. The fact is they don't. They lost many, but many lived. Same as here, one animal didn't adapt to heat stress the same way the other ones did, plain and simple.

If the animal was so sick, again as I brought up as an educated buyer, and educated crested owner and expo goer, why on earth did you not check the gecko out before buying it? That looks bad on your own part. Are you bothering to look over your animals when you sell them? If the animal was indeed sick and dehydrated, it would have been noticeable. You negated to even bother to check the animal out yet you are making a claim it was sick. You can't make that claim as you never actually inspected the animal well enough to make that determination.

The new gecko had floppy tail, as I pointed out before, and I will do it again, you should have inspected the animal. Also I want to point out, the picture doesn't actually show floppy tail, it shows you holding the tail up. A proper picture would have been holding the gecko upside down, or let the animal be in a proper resting state. This picture shows neither.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:48 AM   #33
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime Reptiles View Post
One died but not the others. Realize animals deal with stress differently. Since being in this community since 2006 I have seen several friends loose animals due to heating problems. If all animals adapted to heat stress the same way, they would either all live, or all die. The fact is they don't. They lost many, but many lived. Same as here, one animal didn't adapt to heat stress the same way the other ones did, plain and simple.
I am one of those who came home to find that my A/C had malfunctioned and my reptile room that housed two crested geckos was around 85*. One of the geckos came through just fine but I lost the other one even though they were approximately the same age, similar tank set ups, same misting cycle, etc.

Your argument that because only one died thus the fault is the seller's and not your own ignorance is ridiculous. Also have to wonder why you wouldn't have turned the car's A/C on versus rolling the windows down...

Old 04-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #34
lora01fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikko49 View Post
I purchased a female crested from Ashley on Friday at the pet expo. Before I even drove home it was dead. I went back to the show but Ashley was gone. Her booth - mate and friend Dale from POKEYS GECKOS was there and I asked him if he could call her and ask her if I could maybe exchange or return for my money back.
So the story changed between the BOI and Facebook? He originally states the gecko died while still at the expo, not on the way home. Probably cooked in the car (even with the windows down) while shopping continued, found dead before leaving, confronted Dale, and then the rest of the story...

Obviously none of us saw what happened to the gecko, but Ash does not sell "sickly" or unhealthy" geckos and I'm willing to stand by her here along with everyone else. Scaredy Cat Gecko's animals are well known and she is a well respected breeder. She showed amazing customer service in making sure that the buyer was taken care of regardless of circumstances.

Ash at Scardey Cat Geckos is a breeder who I would not hesitate to do business with in the future. I would highly consider business with Dale at Pokey's Geckos as well because I do not believe he did anything other than protect the privacy of Ash when confronted with this situation.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #35
ScaredyCatAsh
I wanted to come on here and post this picture of the gecko that was sold to Joshua that I had taken a few days before the show to attempt selling it online. Just so you can see here the gecko does not look sickly in any way. (Exact date gecko picture was take 4.7.15)

Also I would like to mention something that the OP has failed to mention about the two geckos he had purchased together one dying and one not. First of all, my gecko was in a 8oz Alur delicup with a black liner (more prone to heat up in the sun since it's black). The gecko that survived was in a 32oz Alur with a white liner. Also it was a RTB sized male about 30+ grams I would say.

Also the OP never messaged me or contacted me when he noticed the FTS. I would have gladly taken that gecko back and given him a credit or another gecko. I am truly sorry that I had failed to see the FTS it must not be as bad is mentioned because I'm sure I would have noticed it before packaging it and I to be honest I swamped deli cups because I wanted to give the second gecko more space in case it got hot on the the OP's drive home.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #36
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredyCatAsh View Post
Also I would like to mention something that the OP has failed to mention about the two geckos he had purchased together one dying and one not. First of all, my gecko was in a 8oz Alur delicup with a black liner (more prone to heat up in the sun since it's black). The gecko that survived was in a 32oz Alur with a white liner. Also it was a RTB sized male about 30+ grams I would say
That is quite a significant difference. It's no wonder why the OP failed to mention this. It would not have helped his case at all.
Although, having failed to mention it, and feigning total ignorance on any reason why the other gecko could have survived (while insisting the one in the smaller, & black lined deli, must have been ill), makes him look even worse than he already did.

No worries Ashley. Most people know/believe that the one gecko perished due to the OP's carelessness/negligence.

As for the FTS, maybe the replacement gecko has it or maybe not. It has not been proven via the two photos that the OP posted.
Regardless, I have faith that you would have done what you could to make things right with your customer.
It's a shame that the OP preferred an attempt at trashing your name, by making things look worse than what they were, and laying blame solely at your feet... while wiping his hands of any possible responsibility &/or mistakes.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #37
The Living Palette
Personally, I have dealt from Ashley numerous times, and EVERY SINGLE GECKO I have gotten has been is great shape, and much nicer than I expected. Also, her customer service is unmatched in quality. I just can't say enough good things about her business.

I find that this accusation is ridiculous. From reading the thread, it is pretty obvious the poor gecko died being broiled to death in a car. Stop trying to pin the gecko's death on Ashley/ Scaredy Cat Geckos; when she is obviously not the one to blame.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:46 PM   #38
Crestedlovely
I agree about the FTS. I'm not convinced the second gecko has it. If it does, it's incredibly mild. I do not feel it's proven that she has it.

Ashley went above and beyond. This person seems to be determined to find fault and pass blame. I have added someone to my list of people not to do business with, but it certainly isn't Ashley.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #39
Roofrgirl
I am a returning customer of Scaredy Cat Geckos. I have purchased roughly 6 or 7 awesome geckos from Ashley. Never once have I been mislead nor have I ever received a sick gecko. As a matter of fact, the few adult geckos I purchased from her were so sweet and calm and friendly which tells me they are not strangers to being handled. I will continue to purchase from Ashley, she's in my top 3 breeders I e dealt with. Very willing to work with me, very thorough with giving information, and IMO very willing to go the extra distance to please me, the customer.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #40
AceOfSpadesReptiles
I have purchased several geckos from Ashley and each time she's gone beyond and above with all the transactions I've had with her. In my eyes I see her as being very generous because of the fact the gecko was warm to the touch. (I guess I'll start bringing my temp gun to shows now) It really is the worst feeling when you can't trust a customer's words over hard evidence. I feel bad that Ashley is being put through this when she clearly went above and beyond what most sellers would do in this situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!