The Survivors! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
Sauradon
Good to see they're pulling around. Hopefully everything works out. Definitely in some good hands

Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #12
USAGECKOS
This Makes Sense......

Someone I know told her vet about the bacteria infections and this was his answer, makes a lot of sense.

Jeanne, I had to take a gecko to the vet today and told him about your problem and what bacteria was appearing in your geckos eyes. I told him how it was very strange because both of her daughters had the same bacteria, and your vet was thinking it was perhaps genetic. He said bacterial infections are not genetic. However, the mother could have had the pseudomonas and may not have been showing symptoms right away. The pseudomonas could have very easily gotten on the eggs from the mother. Then the eggs are kept nice and warm and damp - just the kind of conditions that encourage the bacteria to grow and when the babies hatched they got it from the shell. This makes a lot of sense to me and clears up a mystery (at least in my mind). He said the pseudomonas is the worse of those two bacterias, the other one was more of a secondary infection. Anyway, I thought you would like to hear a 2nd opinion so to speak. I have a lot of confidence in this doctor, he is the best I've seen.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:45 AM   #13
GeckoStud
Congrats on the awesome comeback! Hope they continue on the track of good health.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!