Bad Guy Alec Sweet aka "mobiussweet" - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #31
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
I guess when he found out I made a claim he realized I wasn't playing games and had his wife ship it whatever way he could find.
Your explanation certainly shows why he might have suddenly been in a hurry. But ignorance of the law is no excuse, shipping snakes USPS is not legal. The story we are getting is that the fiance was put in charge of shipping the animal. That in my opinion does not make anyone less guilty. I would not just tell one of my kids to ship out a critter and leave it to him how to figure how to do that.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #32
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiussweet View Post
ok since every one says too clear this one cause i just tried to put this one behind me because it was a bad mistake. i was working in the canyon and i couldnt get home in time to ship it and dustin was getting impatient so i asked my fiance to ship the snake i told her how to pack it. well i thought it went through fine i didnt know until i got back what had actually happened. she never has shipped didnt know who to ship from i thought i had told her but i will take the blame for it cause i should of just waited for payment till i got home. my mistake so i will take the blame i ship with fed ex soo hope fully this clears up the problem. Dustin I am sorry for the mistake.
:icon _bs:

I appreciate you finally making an appearance, but don't blame this crap on your wife. Read the bold in your qoute. You are acting like she had other options to ship through. You weren't fedex certified at that point so don't act like you were and even if I am wrong, I am certain your wife wasn't. EVEN STILL, did she have an account with RE or SYR? Because you are running out of options to leave her with.

And this:
Quote:
ok since every one says too clear this one cause i just tried to put this one behind me because it was a bad mistake.
What poor business practice! You realize it was a MISTAKE and ignored it until everyone made a big deal? WOW

Old 02-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
scaledverts
Ok, so
  1. Alec knows he was in the wrong (and has said so).
  2. I assume he now knows how to properly package a reptile for shipping.
  3. He has also been informed that it is illegal to ship USPS.
  4. He says he is now fedex certified.

Unless there is something else that I have missed, this thread has done its job masterfully. At the same time what else is there for Alec to take care of in relation to this thread? I am NOT defending Alec or his shipping in this instance. I just don't see what else needs to be addressed in this thread.

Has anyone received a package from Alec since he got fedex certified (assuming he is now certified)? If so, did he fix his packaging/shipping and learn from this major mistake?

Alec, I hope that you have learned that you won't last long in this business unless your customers are happy and you deal with EVERY issue promptly and professionally. If you can't ship an animal until a later date, you either place the add for local pickup only or be upfront with the customer about shipping and make an effort to work out shipping with them. If you cannot work out something, then you refund the money.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #34
mobiussweet
i wasnt blaming her i just should never have put her in charge. and at the time my job was very important and i do apologize.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #35
akonitony
Quote:
i wasnt blaming her i just should never have put her in charge. and at the time my job was very important and i do apologize.
Maybe try the Steve Martin approach:

Well EXCUUUuuuuUUUUSE MMMEEeee!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #36
jrbannister0726
I work in military facility like i've said before. i actually have alot of knowledge of usps since i run the clinic mailroom. You had to have told her not to disclose or lie about the contents of the package because they do ask at two if not more times the contents of the package and they have a list either posted(usually) or avaliable upon request laying out what is prohibited and what is not to be shipped through USPS. there is no excuse to be made it was done knowingly and willingly. Its impossible not to. Quit lying and making it out to be an accident when it was with out a doubt done intentionally. this is what is killing me about most people these days,they will expend untold amounts of energy and resources to maintain a false hood. when if they would just own up to it and take steps toward the positive to make it better people would be willing to forgive, but not forget.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #37
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbannister0726 View Post
I work in military facility like i've said before. i actually have alot of knowledge of usps since i run the clinic mailroom. You had to have told her not to disclose or lie about the contents of the package because they do ask at two if not more times the contents of the package and they have a list either posted(usually) or avaliable upon request laying out what is prohibited and what is not to be shipped through USPS. there is no excuse to be made it was done knowingly and willingly. Its impossible not to.
While this may be true for the facility YOU work at, it is NOT true for at least 3 post offices that I have shipped packages (NON reptile related) out of. They have never asked what was in a package. So no, he would not have had to "tell her to not disclose or lie." You are making broad generalizations of USPS based on your facility where company policy is upheld. Apparently, it is not upheld at every facility (at least not the ones I have shipped out of before).

Like I said previously, he said he was in the wrong and apologized for it. What else do you want him to do?

IF the OP wanted some compensation etc, that would be a different argument.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #38
mobiussweet
jonathan if they ask where you are as far as i know they didnt ask she went in paid and it shipped. just cause it is one places policy doesnt mean it is at other place and there was no lies. if you want to keep going go ahead but dont accuse when you dont know. thank you.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #39
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
While this may be true for the facility YOU work at, it is NOT true for at least 3 post offices that I have shipped packages (NON reptile related) out of. They have never asked what was in a package. So no, he would not have had to "tell her to not disclose or lie." You are making broad generalizations of USPS based on your facility where company policy is upheld. Apparently, it is not upheld at every facility (at least not the ones I have shipped out of before).
They are required to ask, they say liquid, hazardous, or perishable as an umbrella term just to set the record straight. But I do agree that he has got the point that if he wants to do business in the reptile realm he needs to do things correctly. nothing else needs to be said.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #40
jrbannister0726
Like i said before they ask, I mean I only had to take a class and Im certified and if you would like I can go up to the mailroom pull the instruction and scan it in for. Its not my fault your area is following protocol or maybe you just aren't as observent as you think you are.

because rules and regulations prevent it from being a broad generalization.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!