%yr old rescue, femaile green iguana, question? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
leasa
%yr old rescue, femaile green iguana, question?

Hello, just took in a 5 yr old gr ig, she was bought by these people from pet shop in RI, and lived in a drug house for 8 months. We have her now, and I was looking for some good suggestions. I know Mellisa, but getting as many opinions as possible is good. Iggy has good times and bad, she does not charge, but some days she is bi on hissing and mouth showing, and she did try to, or I should say did bite on one occasion. We are using the we're not scared of you method, and on good days, she likes to be scratched, always eats from you hand, just hates to be held. What has worked for you guys, or should we keep up just doing what needs to be done, tub's, cleaning, food water changes, walks out side, carrying for tours around the house, free roaming, ext. Or have you used something different that you thought worked better? Thanks in advance, very much.
Lisa

Old 08-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by leasa
I know Mellisa
Ew.

Quote:
free roaming
Ew.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
leasa
let me rephrase free roaming, she has time to exercise during the day, in the house in in our backyard, but, she has her on cage, 10' x 6' x 5'. This is were she eats, and sleeps, and spends parts of her day. Clarified now?

Old 08-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Kjetil_m
Seems like she has what she needs.. But don't just accept that she don't like to be picked up. She is the animal and you are the boss.. So pick her up when you feel like it.. If you are worried that she will bite you, well use thick gloves and long sleeved sweater and keep her away from your face. Don't let her wiggle her self away form your grip around her.. Trust me she will know if you are nervous of her..

Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
Kjetil_m
One day she won't mind beeing picked up and spending time with you in front of the TV or other things. And you can eventually stop using the gloves and the long sweater...

Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Kjetil_m
Oh.. Cut her finger nails ASAP if you are gona handle her like that..

Old 08-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
leasa
Thanks hun!!! I have been doing that, and we took care of her Freddy Cruggers on day one. I was following the not scared thing, I told her upfront if the 150 mutts don't scare me, she sure as hell wasn't going to lol. Good, makes me feel better knowing we are going down the right rode. I have dealt with several iguanas, but never one that made it to this age, we always lost them due to kidney failure from the idiots before us feeding them dog or cat food. People never cease to amaze me.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
Kjetil_m
Hehe.. Well.. I know there is alot of stuff like that going on.. Hell, just look on many of the Iguanas put on youtube where people feed the iggies mice and other lizards for dinner or snacks.. Unbelievable.. I'll put one of the videos up her in my post..

It would be fun if you could put up a picture of the iguana to..

Regards, Kjetil..

Old 08-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Kjetil_m
Here is one of the videos.. "Forgot it in the last post"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-81w9IK2mM

Old 08-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #10
leasa
Ya, no I'm all set with watching some moron feed live adult mice to an iguana. I stopped the video once I saw the mouse, and read the comments. I'm not sure why you would post that, it's not funny, and I am sure most would find it repulsive, and it just show's how little people really care about their pets. Guess when he dies a slow and painful death from kidney failure, he can feed it to the mice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!