Do I Look Like A Rescue Person??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
techgirl
Question Do I Look Like A Rescue Person???

ok what on earth is going on here???? i am happy with the two i have now and what happens? i get a call from work and there is a call for me from some person that was told there was some girl there that would take their leopard gecko because they don't want it. apparently the petstore from last time told these people that i take geckos and can work with sick ones. apparently they decided to get one, an albino female from some breeder, but wanted a male. well this girl is definitely a girl. the person they bought her from will not return their calls and also she has an upper respiratory to boot. they have decided to try and find a home for it by dropping it off at the petstore. well they had them call my job looking for me. i said i would consider it but would need to see her first before i answer. i went to my job and took a look at her and decided to take her. pretty little albino i must admit. i then promptly called the petstore and told them that i do not do rescue nor will i take anymore from them and to please not refer people to me. i have alot on my plate as it is and i don't wish to extend my limitations. i can deal with 3, maybe 4, max. anyway she is getting her meds and starting to eat a little for me if i hand feed her. all i can say is . by the way happy holidays all and enjoy the new year.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
groovygeckos
Quote:
Do I Look Like A Rescue Person???

Yep, now you do! LOL

Old 12-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
Junkyard
Ha Ha !!!! You have been hit!! It happens to us all.

Old 12-18-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
hhmoore
at least you got hit with a little leopard gecko...years ago, I got the same reputation and treatment with retics and rock pythons. One time I even had 3 shipped to me by somebody I didn't know (the only notification was when the freight office called and said they had a package for me).

Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
techgirl
i must admit i was a little caught off guard when the petstore called me regarding the little girl. she is doing great and the uri is almost gone. i'm recouping from a hell work weekend (50 hours worked in 3 days baby!!). turned out alot of people came down with a bug this weekend and had to leave with a vicious stomach bug, i pray i don't catch it. it pretty much came down to me and one another tech that worked the whole night shifts this past weekend. i am now recovering and trying to catch up on everyone here at home. fortunately i don't work again until christmas eve. take care all and have a good holiday.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
nicolai
I get calls all the time as well. I have come home sometimes to find a box or bag at the front door with an animal in it.Everyone in our area knows I am a reptile fanatic and unwanted things are always turning up. What ever i dont have room for or dont really want i just hold onto until i find them a good home. The wife wasnt real pleased about having a 11 foot tiger retic in the house last year for 6 weeks.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #7
raiquee
It happens to the best of us. I make it very clear i don't take rescues, i've had numerous people ask. I tell them i can help find a home for them, but i can't risk taking them into my home with all my other critters. They usually understand

Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #8
neatochickens27
..i wish people came to me for help.That would give me awesome excusses to give my mom to get more animals.=P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!