Have You Been Cheated On? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
techgirl
what do we need? what happened to honest conversation? never being afraid to say something when there is a problem in the relationship? i never cheated on any of the men i dated. in fact when i was trying to work out problems in a 7 year relationship(that was going nowhere) and did realize that i was starting to look at other men, i ended the relationship because he did not deserve that of me. i was honest with him and my feelings and we are friends to this day because of it. no one deserves to be cheated on. honesty does work, even if it sucks to do.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #12
ladyserpent7
true jessica..honesty is the best policy....i agree about not staying in a relationship that has abuse..my friend was abused by her husband...this happened 5 years ago....he tried to murder her...he stabbed her face and eyes MULTIPLE times with a key..and kept choking her until she fainted...long story short..he went to jail for 5 years..and ONLY that long because she didnt press charges..else he wouldve gone longer...and hes out now...since last spring...sigh....baad situation...the honest truth is..the longer this world lasts..the worse and more wicked it becomes...and thats prophecied in the bible too...i believe that the bible is the ultimate source to solve our problems..so many ppl go to psychologists,,or a friend or whatever to solve their problems..but when you think about it..were all imperfect humans and dont you think that it would be the most wise decision to turn to a higher source for knowledge and discernment..thats exactly why god gave us his word the bible..for us to benefit from it..and dont you think that it makes sense to turn to the one that created you and knows your heart to help you..i do...and actually i do believe that the scrip. i quoted is talking specifically about fornication as the only grounds for divorce..but if there is MAJOR probs. in the relationship like abuse, etc...than there is the choice of seperation..in Matthew 19:9 it says..."I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of fornication, and marries another commits adultery." so the scrip. is just making it clear that the only reason to get a divorce..and REMARRY is on that ground or basis.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:13 AM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyserpent7
..in Matthew 19:9 it says..."I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of fornication, and marries another commits adultery." so the scrip. is just making it clear that the only reason to get a divorce..and REMARRY is on that ground or basis.
I would have to come out against that. Marriage is a legal relationship: the person one is legally married to can make debts both have to pay and one side can incur obligations that the other has to honor unless a court says otherwise.
So an abused person who has been physically harmed in a marriage relationship can then endure poverty for a lifetime in certain situations if she stays in the legally binding marriage relationship.

It is myopinion that just because a person makes a bad choice and marries an abuser, (and she may not have known it at the time) is not a reason to bar her forever from the joys of another future relationship where marriage may result.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #14
Griz
Quote:
i quoted is talking specifically about fornication as the only grounds for divorce..but if there is MAJOR probs. in the relationship like abuse, etc...than there is the choice of seperation..in Matthew 19:9 it says..."I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of fornication, and marries another commits adultery." so the scrip. is just making it clear that the only reason to get a divorce..and REMARRY is on that ground or basis.
You have to remember that the written text, the way in which 99% of the people study the Bible, has been translated so many times that we have lost some of the original intent. I still believe the Bible is the living and breathing word of God but I would highly encourage ANYONE to study the scripture more in depth. Meaning, don't read just the English version of it. A lot of people focus strictly on the New Testament which is fine but please take a look at the Greek versions of these words and you will find a breath of fresh air to a lot of the scripture.

God never intended on a spouse sticking with the marriage when she is being beaten within an inch of her life. I can quote scripture all day, in English, Greek or Hebrew, to counter any points relating to fornication being the only justification for divorce. It is so counter intuitive to God's plan for each of us.

Rana, I believe your intent is pure and honest and that you truly believe in what you write. God has given so many reasons to wake up each day and worship Him. He only wants the best for any of us and I truly do believe it is the work of His adversary that wants scripture to be distorted. Rest assured, my family's door is always open to anyone who finds themselves in that situation.

Lucille, I did not mean to imply that if a woman, for instance, was being beaten daily, that she should stick around to work it out first. There is a difference (albeit very little) between a spouse who raised their hand in anger one time vs someone who has repeatedly beaten their spouse. I have ZERO tolerance for a wife beater and like my grandpa always said, "there's a reason why I keep that deep well on the back forty."

Griz

Old 02-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #15
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I would have to come out against that. Marriage is a legal relationship: the person one is legally married to can make debts both have to pay and one side can incur obligations that the other has to honor unless a court says otherwise.
So an abused person who has been physically harmed in a marriage relationship can then endure poverty for a lifetime in certain situations if she stays in the legally binding marriage relationship.

It is myopinion that just because a person makes a bad choice and marries an abuser, (and she may not have known it at the time) is not a reason to bar her forever from the joys of another future relationship where marriage may result.
Lucille, I would have to agree wholeheartedly. My wife is the literally the air that I breathe. I cannot tell you the countless hours that I have laid awake at night looking at her just wondering what in the world I ever did to deserve such a woman. I truly do wish that every person could enjoy the bounty that I have found in my marriage.

Griz

Old 02-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven

Lucille, I did not mean to imply that if a woman, for instance, was being beaten daily, that she should stick around to work it out first. There is a difference (albeit very little) between a spouse who raised their hand in anger one time vs someone who has repeatedly beaten their spouse. I have ZERO tolerance for a wife beater and like my grandpa always said, "there's a reason why I keep that deep well on the back forty."

Griz

I like the sound of your grandfather, and he has a thoughtful grandson.
I also have zero tolerance for those sorts of people and have come across them in my life.

Whenever I see the subject of physical abuse I like to encourage women to take some self responsibility and get out of the relationship.

I think it is worth making the effort to point that out just on the off chance that sometime, somewhere, we might help someone gain that extra ounce of self respect, and help her find the door. Too many stay and suffer, I do not understand that.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #17
ladyserpent7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven
Meaning, don't read just the English version of it. A lot of people focus strictly on the New Testament which is fine but please take a look at the Greek versions of these words and you will find a breath of fresh air to a lot of the scripture.

Rana, I believe your intent is pure and honest and that you truly believe in what you write. God has given so many reasons to wake up each day and worship Him. He only wants the best for any of us and I truly do believe it is the work of His adversary that wants scripture to be distorted. Rest assured, my family's door is always open to anyone who finds themselves in that situation.
Griz
actually, i have checked the hebrew version because i have a lot of friends that are hebrew..and theyve translated it for me..thanks for that advice though....and i do agree with you that the devil definitely wants the scriptures to be distorted...but i also believe that you walk by faith, and ive known many, MANY that have been in that situation...wow, their stories would make you cry..but its too long to tell..and i do believe that there is a way to get out of those kind of relationships, but following strictly bible commands is important, and if that is not remarrying on any grounds but fornication...than thats what it is..god knows us and he know what each person individually is going through..and he will help those who draw close to him...and i know that he sees all the pain and suffering going on in this world..but he does promise that there is going to be a day where there will be no more pain or suffering, etc. and that day is coming very soon...but thats just my beliefs...and i thank you for respecting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Too many stay and suffer, I do not understand that.
yes i agree with you lucille..i dont quite understand it either...

Old 02-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #18
Griz
Quote:
but following strictly bible commands is important, and if that is not remarrying on any grounds but fornication...than thats what it is..god knows us and he know what each person individually is going through..and he will help those who draw close to him...and i know that he sees all the pain and suffering going on in this world..but he does promise that there is going to be a day where there will be no more pain or suffering, etc. and that day is coming very soon...but thats just my beliefs...and i thank you for respecting it.
Rana, you really do have a sweet spirit. I do commend you on your faith and I know that when the time comes, that whomever you decide to marry will be one lucky man for having a wife who believes in scripture the way you do.

Lastly, here are a few more points to ponder (this was taken from a website that I frequent and it explains my points much more concisely then my own words):

"First of all, the divine standard for marriage is lifelong commitment to one's spouse, and nothing else. Even though divorce was permitted in some cases under the Old Testament economy, Christ made it plain that this was not God's ideal. When He was asked this very question, "He answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:4-6).

This seems very comprehensive and conclusive, yet He immediately followed up this statement with the following apparent exception: "Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" (Matthew 19:9; see also Matthew 5:31, 32).

It does seem from this statement that the discovery of extramarital unchastity on the part of one' spouse is here given as a possible grounds for divorce. God does place a high value on faithfulness, on the part of both bride and bridegroom, as a basis for a happy and lasting marriage. Fornication is condemned as a sin in both Old and New Testaments.

In this day of widespread sexual license, however, this provision might well become a rather common ground for divorce, even among Christians. It does, indeed, dilute the principle of "one flesh" used by God to describe a true marriage. "What? Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? For two, saith He, shall be one flesh . . . Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body: but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body" (I Corinthians 6:16, 18). This passage, incidentally, suggests that a woman who submits to extramarital sex becomes, in God's sight, a harlot, whether she yields her body for money or some other reason that she sees as profitable to herself.

On the other hand, it is noteworthy that Jesus, evidently on a different occasion, did not give fornication as an excuse for divorce. "Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery" (Luke 16:18). If there is any doubt, this also applies to wives. "And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery" (Mark 10:12).

Since the lord would not contradict Himself, we should conclude that, while there may be some situations in which extramarital sex would create such problems in a marriage that divorce would be better than continuing in an unhealthy or even dangerous relationship, in general it would be better to forgive earlier indiscretions (if accompanied by repentance and present faithfulness) rather than to break up what might otherwise still be a good marriage.

In both cases, however, Christ warned that remarriage after divorce amounts to adultery, a sin which is explicitly forbidden by God's seventh Commandment. Both divorce and remarriage, therefore, are extremely serious steps, and both violate the divine principle of permanent union and faithfulness in marriage.

But this is not the whole story. "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy . . . For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust" (Psalm 103:8, 14). "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins" (I John 1:9). This promise is specifically for Christians, and includes even the sin of adultery, if there is genuine repentance. The Lord made this very clear in His dealing with the woman who "was taken in adultery, in the very act" (John 8:4). He reminded her accusers that they also were sinners and had no warrant to punish her. Then He told the woman: "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more" (John 8:11).

He in no way condoned her sin, but He did forgive her sin, when she gave evidence of godly sorrow and determination not to sin again in this way. Under such conditions, His followers would do well to follow His example. At least in this particular context, He put no further conditions on her freedom, either to return to her husband if he would have her, or to marry another if she were already divorced.

There is one other important Biblical factor to consider in divorce-and-remarriage situations. A Christian should never marry a non-Christian, as this almost inevitably leads to serious friction in the home later on unless the unsaved partner can, by God's grace, be won to Christ. "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers" (II Corinthians 6:14).

Nevertheless, many Christians insist on doing this very thing. And then what? Also, a person may become a believer after marriage, with the partner still unsaved. In either case, there is an unequal yoke, and the Christian husband or wife may come to desire release from this yoke. The Apostle Paul commands in this case: "...If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him." (I Corinthians 7:12, 13). The next verse indicates this is especially important for the sake of the children, who are often the ones hurt most by a divorce.

But suppose the unsaved spouse is the one who insists on a divorce. "If the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace" (I Corinthians 7:15).

This obviously means that the Christian husband or wife is then at liberty to remarry. In fact, if there are children involved, and if a caring Christian spouse can be found, it would be good to remarry, for children need the love and guidance of both a father and mother, provided, of course, that the stepmother or stepfather is "in the Lord" (I Corinthians 7:39) and desires to assume such a responsibility.

By extension, these principles could be applied to other situations that the Scriptures do not cover explicitly. As noted above, God is able and willing to forgive all sins, including even the sin of getting a divorce for trivial reasons. He has called us to peace, not legal bondage, and He can make a good marriage and a happy home no matter what the previous history of the people involved may have been, provided that true repentance, proper restitution, and genuine saving faith and sincere desire to serve the Lord now exist in their lives."

Regardless Rana, your dedication to remaining pure both now as well as when you are married is going to pay HUGE dividends to your faith and to your family. And I commend you on that.

Griz

Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #19
ladyserpent7
thank you griz...i thank you soo much on sharing your opinions with me...and i do agree with you on one thing..marry only in the lord...as for marriage personally..PUH...its a lllooonggg ways away......im still getting over a bad experience...men haha...EXCEPT YOU OF COURSE.haha

Old 02-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #20
ladyserpent7
your wife is very lucky

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!