Like to get to know everyone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
lizardsister2
Red face Like to get to know everyone

Okay, I've been a registered user for about 6 or 7 months now but I've only really replied to a couple of threads and I'd like to get a little more involved. y'all all seem like such a great fun group of people. Anyway my sister and I have recently started breeding colonies of leopard geckos and crested geckos and will expand into other reptile interests as soon as we have some success and cash under our belts. She's lizardsister1. I'm lizardsister2, as you can tell. We have a blog at www.lizardsisters.blogspot.com if you'd like to kinda see what we've been up to. It's actually kinda amusing because before we started this, Brandi had never had a reptile, and I had 2 geckos as pets, so we pretty much began with no freakin' clue of what we were doing and are definitely learning as we go.

Oh and I'm a senior in college/social work major. Anyway, that's me. Love to get to know all of y'all. Hope I haven't bored you to death.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Lucille
Welcome to you and your sister!!!!
I see you have a blog but we would much rather you do some posting here on the site so that all here may have the pleasure of getting to know you. In addition, we have a terrific leo forum I hope you will check out.
Welcome!!!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
scalesnstuff
so we pretty much began with no freakin' clue of what we were doing and are definitely learning as we go.

You have come to the right place. There is not anyone in this forum that knew everything when they frist started. I think that you will find that there alot of helpful people here, and do not be afraid to ask a question. You will not know the answer till you do.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
ladyserpent7
welcome to Fauna kara....well actually, youve been here a while so i should really say.its nice to see you opening up...youll love it here...youll learn alot..not only bout lizards but about most reptiles..then you can expand...enjoy your time....btw.....love the two screennames

Old 04-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #5
handsomeRob
hey, youre just up the road from me. too bad I'm not really into geckos. but welcome anyway.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
lizardsister2
What are you into? I'm guessing snakes from the pic? You never know what kind of things we may be into later. My sister and I have started with geckos but already have plans for branching out if the season goes well *crosses fingers*. But hey what do you have against geckos?

Old 04-14-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
handsomeRob
dont have a thing against them. they just dont tickle my fancy (so to speak).

Old 04-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #8
lizardsister2
Okay good, at least you're not some kind of weird gecko hater. So what all do you work with?

Old 04-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
handsomeRob
mostly immature lazy....oh you meant animals. snakes mostly. pythons and boas. not much into the colubrids, though. not sure if you can count my breeder mice and rats as pets. right now im working on my caffiene intake since ive been up all night and day in order to "reset my clock" one might say. only 7 more hours to go.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #10
lizardsister2
You know I've never done much with snakes, especially the larger ones. I think I find them a little intimidating. I'm sure that's just because I have no experience with them and don't know their behaviors, habits, and responses the way I do the little geckos. I do think a lot of them are really gorgeous though. I'd like to branch out into several different types of snake some day when I have more space to work with. The other day at my local reptile specialty shop I saw some juvenile emerald tree boas. I think they may have been about the most gorgeous thing I've seen. I've heard they're pretty aggressive though. Anyway, hope you get some rest soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!