Best way to make a humidifier? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Nagini
Best way to make a humidifier?

Anyone know how to make a good humidifier for a chameleon? I have a system right now, but would like to upgrade the cage, and it wouldnt work with the humidifier I have. Not looking to buy a system, looking to make one

thanks in advance

Old 02-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Rivergecko
I have found that the ultrasonic humidifiers carried at home good stores work great. You can modify the mist outlet to allow for PVC to be attached and then you can plumb it into the cage however you want.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
MiamiGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivergecko View Post
I have found that the ultrasonic humidifiers carried at home good stores work great. You can modify the mist outlet to allow for PVC to be attached and then you can plumb it into the cage however you want.
Might you have pictures to better orientate anyone clueless like myself lol.

I just recently acquired a pair of panthers and a pair of vields so I am doing my homework

Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
IMAJACOBIAN
I'm planning on making my own humidifier. I have a c-pap breathing machine that was remaining when my father in law passed a year or so ago. I am simply going to open it up and bypassed the controls so that it can be wired to a timer or preferably a humidistat. It even has the hose that comes off of it that would go to the face mask. I'm simply going to run the hose to a large plastic nipple I will attach to the side of the cage and place a sensor in the cage for the humidistat. Should work out nicely. I can get pics of the machine for anyone who hasn't heard of a c-pap machine. It wouldn't be cost effective to purchase one for reptile use, but if you could get a used one or if one is left to you, they should work great. You have to use distilled water in it though, but I'm not sure why, probably hard mineral buildup inside it.

Jacob

Old 04-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Rivergecko
I just rounded the output on an ultrasonic humidifier with a dremmel and attached a piece of PVC. The terrarium is a 75gal, the humidifier is plumbed up the side and around to the front. Takes about 15 min to completely fog the tank. It runs four times a day, and uses about 1 gallon of deionized water every two weeks.

Name:  frog tank.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  200.8 KB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!