Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 33 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #321
Guy Castro
It's ridiculous just how long it takes for the system to work!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #322
anoles
How much money in lawyer fees and court costs is Ian going to spend before he realizes that it would have been easier to tell the truth, give the snakes back or compensate her for his screw up?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #323
Magic
I am really really hoping he doesn't just try and move the snakes underground.
(If indeed he does still posses them!)

Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #324
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoles View Post
How much money in lawyer fees and court costs is Ian going to spend before he realizes that it would have been easier to tell the truth, give the snakes back or compensate her for his screw up?
Some people are just that hard headed.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #325
anoles
So, no closure on this issue so far? The wheels of justice turn slowly here in the Land of the Free.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #326
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
I saw the OP is selling her adult pair of house snakes. I sure hope this doesnt mean she lost all hope and giving up on the hobby. I hope this all got worked out

Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #327
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS View Post
I saw the OP is selling her adult pair of house snakes. I sure hope this doesnt mean she lost all hope and giving up on the hobby. I hope this all got worked out

Can you post a screen shot of that? So it's here permanently?

And has anyone told Sarah he has her snakes up for sale?

Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #328
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Can you post a screen shot of that? So it's here permanently?

And has anyone told Sarah he has her snakes up for sale?
Crap. I read that wrong! I thought he was selling her snakes--my eyes get tired after 18 hours!!!

That makes me sad that she is selling her collection off!

Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #329
Flashpoint
Read this entire thread over the past couple of days. It makes me sick to my stomach as a young herper new to the industry to see that there are people like this in the reptile world.

I will also mention that if it hasn't already been pursued yet, it is worth a try to talk to the previous phone company about seeing if they still have the texts between Ian's and Sarah's phone number in their system. I've seen it done before for numbers still on a company's plan but I know not if they can get old numbers from it. There are records of texts being sent, and usually you can also get what was said. Sarah, if your old phone company still has the dialogue between you two about the breeding loan it would certainly help your case be even stronger. As I have understood it, you lost the texts about the terms of the breeding loan when you switched service providers.

I wish the very best of luck to you, Sarah. I hope Ian gets what's coming to him, and that you can get some closure on this mess. Most of all I hope that your beloved snakes are still alive and well, and that you will be able to get them back, as well as anything you are owed. I know if I were in your shoes I would be struggling, and I don't know if I would have been able to keep my cool as well as you did.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #330
SincereArtisan
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you all know again how much I appreciate you and your support throughout this entire ordeal. It has been nothing short of frustrating since Ian decided that he'd rather lie than come forward with my snakes and/or the truth. And hopefully this thread will continue to warn off anyone considering any transactions with him.

Yes, I'm still in the process of pursuing a case against Ian for the theft of my snakes. Whether they are still alive or in Ian's possession...well, only Ian knows for sure. But my hopes are not high in this regard.

If anyone out there has *any* idea, though, I'd really appreciate knowing. I think my actions here have represented me as a reasonable individual, and of course if Ian sold my snakes I'm not about to hold the buyers responsible. (I'm sure he'd be just as honest with them as he was with me.) So if anyone out there has a clue as to the whereabouts of my snakes, I'd really appreciate it.

And yes, I'm selling my Mentalis pair. After 4+ years of growing them up into beautiful adults, I was looking forward to breeding them one day. But losing virtually the other two thirds of the projects I took pride in and was looking forward to pursuing as an AHS keeper has been a hard hit to take. Every time I look at this pair I am reminded that they are all I have left, thanks to Ian. While it is good fuel for the fire, so to speak, as I seek justice in this matter...Its not a very happy/healthy state of mind to be swept up into every time I'm feeding/cleaning/caretaking. So, if there is some one out there who can truly enjoy this pair of beautiful snakes for a reasonable price, I'm willing to let them go to the right home.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!