Help! I need help identifying a couple of leo morphs! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Whirleeq
Help! I need help identifying a couple of leo morphs!

I have just purchased a hatchling leo, <5 grams. He was in a bin of leopard geckos a lot larger than him (guessing on the sex, obviously) at my local pet store; all the geckos were on sale, so I jumped on what I thought was an unusual morph to be sitting in a bin with a bunch of normal geckos. His head and tail are white, and his back is like a yellow color. His pattern was unique as well. His eyes are dark, with red threads through them -- very hard to get a picture of with my cell phone.

Here is a couple of pictures of him:

The other gecko I am not sure on, I purchased at a reptile show. She was only 9 grams when I purchased her, and 'in shed'. The breeder was disappointed in her colors at the time; she was not showing hardly any orange on the tail and was a very washed out yellow when I purchased her. Many sheds and many grams later, she looks to me to be a super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy (I purchased her as a super hypo). She has a nice color to her, many shades brighter and darker than when I purchased her. I am fairly new to leopard geckos (I love them!). Is it normal for a seller to sell a hatchling as one morph and have it be wrong as it grows? The seller was going for super hypo tangerine carrot tail but didn't think she was one because she was originally no where near as bright as her clutchmates.

Lastly, here are all four of my geckos, just because . The other two are a tremper snow jungle albino with white eyes striped with red, and a tremper super snow dark red eyed striped albino.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
geckomania
It's a SHTCT. They come in different shades of orange but either way you can say it's a Tangerine Carrot Tail and minimum.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Pasodama
The second one is certainly a SHTCT.
The first one is a Patternless Albino (the spots will disappear as it gets older). 'Course, do not know which strain of Albino.
You have some very nice Leopard Geckos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!