Bad Guy United Morphs - Nick Runde - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
ClarkT
United Morphs - Nick Runde

I need some help from someone in the Des Moines Iowa area.

I got scammed on a trade. I feel stupid as could be. My end was that I was shipping a puma female, a fire female, and a mojave female in trade for 1.1 blackheads.

Long story short, he never shipped. The address I shipped to was 9195 Diamondhead Drive, Dexter Iowa, 50070.

Within an hour of my snakes arriving at their destination, he texted me a picture of the box. It had been smashed like crazy. He claims that all three pythons are dead, and that his neighbor's kids did it -- that he has it on camera. When asked to send me pics of the dead snakes, he never did so. I don't have a smart phone, so I don't know how I would copy/paste the texts to this post.

When calling his number, 515.777.9216, he never answered, but said he was at dinner with his family. He then claimed that he'd send the snakes out the following day (today, 4-2-14). Texted and said he was on his way to drop them off, but now won't text back and give a tracking number. He won't answer a phone call or text.

As soon as he claimed the snakes were dead, I figured I had been scammed. So much for ever trading again. I've traded many times before, but I guess I've lucked out in the past. What a bummer.

Any breeders in the Dexter, Iowa area willing to help out? I called the county sherriff's office, hoping that I could file some sort of report, and that they'd check the address out. They say they won't get involved in a civil dispute. Basically, I'm screwed.

Needless to say, his name is most likely not Nick Runde. His phone message says "Hey, this is Dakota...", in some teenage kid's voice. Man, I'm a dummy.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Lucille
And idea to start:
Call/email animal control, the local shelters, the local newspaper, the local reptile groups, and tell them that this person said the neighbor's kids beat those snakes to death, (provide his texts to back your claim, and pictures of the box) and you think there ought to be cruelty charges.
Even if he is totally lying, if your efforts lead to some questions, he may have to deal with a number of people he'd rather not, including any neighbors who have children.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
David Scarboro
Anything you can post, texts, emails and the like will help you here. A google search of the address comes up with this on Mantis,. Would that be the phone#?

Marin, James A Responsible Par
9195 Diamondhead Drive
Dexter, IA 50070 - View Map
Phone: (515) 523-2407

Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
Show Me
On facebook there is a Dakota Runde in Dexer Iowa and he has his address listed as 9195 Diamondhead Drive.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
On facebook there is a Dakota Runde in Dexer Iowa and he has his address listed as 9195 Diamondhead Drive.
Outstanding!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
LauraB
I could be wrong, but he appears to still be in high school

Here's his Twitter account where the driver's license is posted:

https://twitter.com/DakotaRundeFE
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
LauraB
I stand corrected, I didn't even notice his birthdate on FB

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #8
ClarkT
Funny, the email he provided is his "brother's" email, dakota.leto@yahoo.com

By some miracle, I hope he actually sent snakes today, and that I'm wrong in jumping the gun... He never answers a phone call, and won't return texts anymore, though... If you had dead snakes show up, wouldn't you be more than willing to send a pic of them together?

Thanks for your help. If nothing shows up tomorrow, animal control will definitely be contacted.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
Bobby Douglass
His mother is on Facebook too. If it comes down to it I'd send her a message.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #10
ClarkT
So I've emailed the email and gotten some replies from Dakota Runde, who says he's Nick's son...

To get the conversation, read bottom to top...

"I go 2 his house every day and he uses my phone and ipod, and the snakes r in his freezer cuz he didnt know if u wanted them shipped ir not, i was there when he got ur package, and idk if he told u but we have kids beatin it on tape

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 2, 2014, at 10:03 PM, "clark@pinksdx.com" <clark@pinksdx.com> wrote:
>
> He said he was on the way to ship them. Did they not ship? If not, where are they? Police custody? What's the tracking number? Why would he/you tell me that this is his brother's email, and not his son? Things aren't really adding up.
> Why did he have your phone? Why won't you just send a pic of the 'dead' snakes?
> -Clark
>
> > On April 2, 2014 at 10:58 PM Dakota Leto <dakota.leto@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I know for a fact tht they are dead, hewas winin about it when he came 2 my house, and we don't live together. And yes he does have black heads he also has like a oiebald a spider a banana a bunch of shit hah, i may b able to help u out, i know how it feels to get fucked. I can try to send u the blackheads
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Apr 2, 2014, at 9:54 PM, "clark@pinksdx.com" <clark@pinksdx.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you send me a pic of the dead snakes he got yesterday? At least confirm they are dead?
> > >
> > > > On April 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM Dakota Leto <dakota.leto@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > He got arrestedd today becuz he went to his x wives house and tried to get his dog nd his stuff back nd he got arrested
> > > >
> > > > Sent from my iPhone
> > > >
> > > > > On Apr 2, 2014, at 9:41 PM, "clark@pinksdx.com" <clark@pinksdx.com> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Why is he not replying to me at all?
> > > > >
> > > > > > On April 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM Dakota Leto <dakota.leto@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Who are you? Are you the guy that traded those snakes with my dad?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Sent from my iPhone
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > On Apr 2, 2014, at 9:33 PM, "clark@pinksdx.com" <clark@pinksdx.com> wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Hey, what gives? Why won't you provide me pics of the "dead" snakes? Do I need to call animal control? Why no answer to my texts?
> > > > > > > Did you send the blackheads? Do you have any blackheads? Did you just rip me off and kill one of my snakes to do so?
> > > > > > > What's going on?
> > > > > > > -Clark"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dakota leto, dakota runde, nick runde, united morphs