Not Alone While Sleeping? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
kiote9
Not Alone While Sleeping?

Has anyone else ever woken up from a deep sleep with the feeling that you are lying next to someone who is holding you in their arms when you are actually alone?

Or been in the process of falling asleep and had that feeling come over you?

Old 07-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
Wilomn
No more midnight shots of Jager for you, Miss Kioteeeeeeee.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
PaulSage
lol

Fortunately I've never had that feeling, as I think it would creep me out.

But, when I was a kid I shared a bedroom with one of my brothers. I got the top bunk. Anyway, my brother had a lot of nightmares and spent a lot of time sleeping in our parents room. One night while I was alone in the room, I was lying in the dark and I couldn't sleep. My leg was right up against the wall, and all of the sudden I felt a big hand grab my ankle and yank my leg down between the bedframe and the wall. It stopped when my knee hit the drywall, making a huge dent.

I was stuck and in a LOT of pain. I couldn't feel anything below my knee, and I thought my leg had been ripped off. Anyway, I started yelling and my mom came running in, followed by my dad. Nobody could figure out HOW the heck that managed to happen, and together they had to lift the heavy bedframe with me on it away from the wall. Nothing was broken, but I was scuffed up and bruised for a few weeks. They searched my room and the rest of the house, because they were certain that someone had to have done that to me. We knew it wasn't my brother because he was only like 4 years old and was still in their room.

They took me to the hospital for x-rays, and the doctor noticed a welt around my ankle in the shape of a hand. That mark lasted a lot longer than any of the scuffs and bruises.

Anyway, that's just one unexplainable thing that's happended to me. I've had a myriad of other bizarre things happen, especially after my father died. I started seeing a psychologist who was also a psychic, and that really helped me cope with the crazy stuff. Apparently some people are just more susceptible to such encounters.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
kiote9
Now Wes, I don't drink that stuff!!! I did have a couple of Jagerbombs once, but it just doesn't "do it" for me.

I'm a tequila and salt kinda gal.

I have been sleeping alone for too long is all....I hope.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
lol

Fortunately I've never had that feeling, as I think it would creep me out.

But, when I was a kid I shared a bedroom with one of my brothers. I got the top bunk. Anyway, my brother had a lot of nightmares and spent a lot of time sleeping in our parents room. One night while I was alone in the room, I was lying in the dark and I couldn't sleep. My leg was right up against the wall, and all of the sudden I felt a big hand grab my ankle and yank my leg down between the bedframe and the wall. It stopped when my knee hit the drywall, making a huge dent.
OMG! And you would be creeped out by what I have happen???? That would have scared me to death!! WOW!!!

I feel very comforted by the person lying with me. I know who it is, and it isn't someone I will ever have to chance to sleep next to in real life. Nothing scary about it, but the knowledge that this is the closest I'll ever be is quite sad.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
OMG! And you would be creeped out by what I have happen????
Actually yes. At the time I think I was in too much pain to be scared. But anyway, I CAN'T stand any sort of physical confinement. Waking up and feeling someone's arms around me (who wasn't really there) would really be uncomfortable. lol... sometimes if they really are there it still makes me panic.

A lot of people assume that I'd be afraid of drowning, but I'm not. Actually I'm a pretty darn good swimmer, and have never panicked when under water (even when I swam 20-25' down to the bottom of a lake to retrieve my clumsy friend's fishing rod). Maybe I'm just afraid of people lol.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
Ladyehawk
Yes, I was upstate NY in my parents house. I've been spending summers there since I'm 5 yrs old. I'll be 48 on next birthday. Anyway, I sleep in the
room that my grandparents slept in.

It's actually happened on a few occasions. I felt protected and loved, like
whoever it was felt they had to comfort and protect me in some way. Sometimes it felt like a maternal comfort, and at other times it seemed like
I was in a lover's arms. Hubby wasn't there, I go up there with my kids, he
has to work.

It seems to me now that it happened at times when I felt insecure and
vulnerable. Anyway, there it is !

Old 10-30-2005, 04:18 AM   #8
kiote9
Lately I have been waking up looking for someone who SHOULD be there and isn't. I dream about this person and know that he should be there when I wake. It's quite disconcerting.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #9
neatochickens27
If someone ripped my leg through a ped post into a wall while i was sleeping i would never sleep the same again.Your a brave, brave soul.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
INSANE CANES
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatochickens27
If someone ripped my leg through a ped post into a wall while i was sleeping i would never sleep the same again.Your a brave, brave soul.
I would have to agree with you there, especially in the same room/bed. At least for a little while, then I think I would be curious to see if I could find anyhting.

Thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!