Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #141
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240 View Post
Looks a lot like bed bug bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240 View Post
Not sure why anyone bothers responding to some of these posts. But, here I am, with a (sarcastic) response.
if they are spider bites I am concerned for the girl's well being

Old 08-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #142
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post

if they are spider bites I am concerned for the girl's well being
You're right. There is cause for concern. If it were me, I'd call an exterminator, try Benadryl, and make a doctors appointment just to be safe. Risk of infection is something to be taken very seriously. You can not be overly cautious, in my opinion.

There's a possibility of an allergy to carpet beetles (they do not bite) but I'd rule out something more serious first.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #143
JColt
I'm sensitive to flea bites and mine would look just like the ones in that pic.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #144
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhienixVixen View Post
It could be that she rolled over on top of them and they bit or scratched her lightly with their legs in an effort to get away causing a possible allergic reaction, I do not know. It could be a possible allergic reaction due to the fact that my husband, son, 2 other daughters, and me have no signs of these bugs on our skin. What I do know is that she had no marks when she went to bed, had them when she got up, and the only thing around was those beetles.
Ok, well aren't you just a ray of sunshine...

1. If you would have read, there was no ER trip mentioned. I said that I would have taken my kid in had I seen those on her body.

2. Just because you're an "EMT" doesn't mean you know what a Dr would or wouldn't do if it indeed was an allergic reaction.

3. Flukes has those as cleaner bugs, and they eat the dead carcasses of the crickets. Sometimes the cleaner bugs get sent out with the shipments, that's a given. I used to get some in my shipments when I ordered from other companies, never had issues or problems with larvae or beetles. Even if they got loose.

4. Don't be so defensive when people question you. Apparently they/we are trying to get more information or he'll, maybe even trying to give you information. But nah, can't have that...

5. Lucille doesn't troll, she genuinely tries to give advice, whether you like what she has to say or not does not equate her to being a troll. (No matter how much you may want or think it to be so...) because, the same could be said about you and the postings you've made on this thread...I guess it would just depend on perspective.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #145
Mistyck
*excuse typos as I am typing on my iPad and it tends to autocorrect even after I correct what it has already autocorrected.*

Old 08-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #146
Wilomn
Bedbugs. Dermestids don't bite in the beetle phase and I have never in decades of handling them, been bitten by a larva.

Put some pictures of the supposed biters up and someone will know what they are.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #147
April Homich
Those are bedbug bites - it's especially easy to tell with the way they're clustered.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #148
Helenthereef
I don't think you can diagnose so precisely from the photos - in my experience Bed Bug bites tends to come in short lines, with obvious centres - I've had something that looks like this from cat fleas, and I think if she is sensitive to bites there are many things that could cause this.

I'd also presume it was caused by the insects I actually found in the bed - especially if no one else in the house got bitten.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #149
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhienixVixen View Post
Well lets see. 1. When I opened the packages of crickets from Flukers it had the carpet beetle larva. So it is logical to assume that the larva came with the crickets from Flukers. I do not think that the magically just appeared in the package. So unless the Good Farie Lollypop shit them out during shipping they came from Flukers.

2. When my daughter went to bed she did not have those bites on her leg. There were there when she woke. She is 6 and sleeps in the same room with me so no she did not get up in the middle of the night and walk around the house or outside while I was sleeping. When she woke up she had the marks on her leg and face. So it is logic to assume that she got them while she was sleeping. Also we did not go out the past few days so it is Logic to assume that she did not get bit while outside, because she was not outside.

3. Once she woke up she started crying that her leg hurt. I looked and saw the marks. So again it is safe to assume that she got the marks in bed.

4. When #3 happened I took everything off her bed. Stripped off the sheet, blanket, and searched the pillow and pillow case. I even flipped the mattress, looked around the floor around the bed. The only thing I found was several of the carpet beetles. No spiders, ants, scorpions (we do not have those around the inside or outside of the house), no bed bugs, no fire ants, no fleas (we have no fleas), nothing but the carpet beetles. So it is safe to assume that these beetles somehow caused the marks on her. I honestly first thought it might of been a brown recluse, my first thought on any bite but it was not a brown recluse. I know what a brown recluse because several years ago in a different house I got bit by one. The doctor cut out a golf ball size of chunk of meat out of my leg along with a lot of puss. The back of my leg looks like I was shot with a small caliber gun that healed over. My husband got bit also and spent a week in the hospital due to being bit by one. He went into shock and almost died so I can speak from personal experience about the brown recluse. So I always worry about brown recluse first until I can rule them out.

5. I am an EMT and I looked at the marks carefully. No sign of necrosis (sign of a brown recluse that shows within a few hours of the bite). Other then worrying about a possible brown recluse ( none in the house) there is no worry about the bite. One does not just take someone to the ER because of a few bites unless it is an allergic reaction or if the bitter is known to be something highly venomous. No sign of infection either. SO don't pull that, oh I am better then you because I would of gone to the ER and you did not. The only thing the doctor would of said was just keep an eye on the bites, look for a rash, infection or signs of necrosis.

So Lucille stop trolling. I know what I saw come out of the package of crickets, I know what I saw and did not see around my daughter's bed. It could be that she rolled over on top of them and they bit or scratched her lightly with their legs in an effort to get away causing a possible allergic reaction, I do not know. It could be a possible allergic reaction due to the fact that my husband, son, 2 other daughters, and me have no signs of these bugs on our skin. What I do know is that she had no marks when she went to bed, had them when she got up, and the only thing around was those beetles.

I do know that these beetles are hard to get rid of once they infest your home. They destroy carpet, clothes, get into your food and your pets food. I do know that Fluker knows that they are infested with this beetle and they know that the larva is shipped out with their orders. If they were easy to get rid of then Fluker would not have them. Any company that knowingly ships out parasites with their product does not care about the quality or service that they provide.

Also my youngest is 9 months old and is crawling. I keep a very clean house and kill any bugs that come in, unless they are feeder insects. Due to the spider bites a several years ago I do not even allow house or wolf spiders to stay in the house.
You took pics of the rashes, but not the beetles? Your daughter sleeps in the same room as you? Were there carpet beetles in your bed as well? I am shocked that an emt, of all people, did not seek medical advice from a physician immedeately! There are alot of things that could cause those rashes. That looks like an allergic reaction. Bed bugs, fleas, spiders, plants (poison ivy), food etc. Not saying you don't have carpet beetles. I do think that doctors handle alot of cases similar to your daughters, where an emt would not. If your daughter was in pain, you should have taken her to see someone. By the way, my brother is an experienced exterminator. Bed bugs hide in places you wouldn't expect. Behind outlet plates is a favorite. But it can't be bedbugs, or you would be getting bit too, yes? Hope your kid is okay. Keep us posted.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #150
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I don't think you can diagnose so precisely from the photos - in my experience Bed Bug bites tends to come in short lines, with obvious centres - I've had something that looks like this from cat fleas, and I think if she is sensitive to bites there are many things that could cause this.

I'd also presume it was caused by the insects I actually found in the bed - especially if no one else in the house got bitten.
Agreed. Funny, my brother mentioned cat fleas as well. Bedbug bites usually are close together around three bites in a small area.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!