any snowstorm fans? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #21
chkadii
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I am from PA and I do appreciate watching the beauty of a snow storm through a bay window.

That said, not having to deal with that anymore is pretty sweet and, if I ever miss it too much, I suppose I could always pay to give snow a visit for a little bit.
If you're homesick I can mail you some snow from the suburbs of Philly. I definitely have some I could spare...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Old 01-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #22
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkadii View Post
If you're homesick I can mail you some snow from the suburbs of Philly. I definitely have some I could spare...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I miss places like Bowman's Hill Flower Preserve and (much further) Hickory Run State Park more so than the precipitation. Thank you for the gracious offer.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #23
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, it's taken years for my groves to start getting some size to them. As for getting rid of it, why would I want to?

BTW, I found a video I took back on 01-29-2014 showing some frozen participation that actually did stick to the ground for a short period....

Nice vids, very relaxing. The first one reminded me of a scene from The Last Samurai. You ever catch any herps in all that bamboo?

Old 01-23-2016, 10:17 PM   #24
bcr229
Reports from local media show my home in the 36-48" band of what has fallen so far. Unlike the folks east of us who had to deal with 40-50 mph gusts, thankfully the wind has been light to moderate, but it's still enough to form some impressive drifts.

We haven't even tried to clear the driveway yet; while we have an ATV with a plow I don't think it's equipped for that much snow at once. We did make a path in the back yard so the dogs can go out to potty, and a path to the firewood in case the power goes out and we need to rely on the wood stove for heat.

Before we left work on Friday - at noon, because the site closed - we set up a small office pool of when the site would re-open. At the time the predicted accumulation was only 24" so I said Tuesday at noon. I should have said we'd be out for a week.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:05 PM   #25
bcr229
The hubby caught these while we were taking a break from digging out:

The doe was standing not lying down in this picture. Yes the snow is that deep.

She finally bedded down in this brushy patch between our house and the neighbor.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #26
nickolasanastasiou
Awesome shots.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:20 PM   #27
Fangthane
I just got done shoveling a path from my door to the driveway. I had just enough room to squeeze out of the screen door before hitting a wall of snow that was up to my neck. Oh, my poor back.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:38 AM   #28
LauraB
Wow, Melinda! Absolutely gorgeous shots! Born in MI, raised in MI and OH and lived also in IL. Been thru a couple blizzards and snow so high I couldn't open my front door both in OH and IL, and visited by the OH National Guard to help dig out, lol.

I can't honestly say I miss it after so many years digging out, but still love, love, love the beautiful photos

Hope you and yours are okay, too, Dan. Take care, snowbound friends.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
those are awesome photos!

Old 01-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #30
Lucille
Beautiful photos, Melinda!!!
No snow here, supposed to be 72 today.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!