Some New Additions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Monkey Tails Canada
Some New Additions

I'm Hooked. I love Drymarchon!! I hope this forum stays!!
I really wish I had gotten into these guys years ago!!

Anyways here is a few pics of my newest additions.

CB 2013 Female Yellow Tail Cribo

1.2 Eastern Indigo's

First set of pic's is my 2008 female I purchased last September.

Here is my new pair I got last Sunday. 2006 Female - 2007 Male
Both where in shed when I got them. Female shedded today. Wow she is a beauty!! I did notice that her eye caps never came off with the shed so I'm going to soak a cotton ball and help her remove them. Male still hasn't shed yet but he's still a stud.

Female

Male in shed

My new pair of EI's are temporary housed in 4'x2'x1' pvcx cages until I can get something bigger made. I did get a custom made 8'x2'x2' pvcx cage for my 2008 female but I noticed she doesn't really use the height So I'm thinking I'm going to order a few 8'x2'x1'. That way I got room for more Dry cages lol. Thanks for looking!

Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
~Just Curious~
I love the iridescent sheen of your indigos, they're gorgeous! Your cribo has the cutest face too and awesome color, can't wait to see what she looks like as an adult!

I like your sleek cages too, very nice. Similar to you, I changed my two foot high ones to a single foot after noticing that my gophers weren't utilizing it, but I got tired of banging their hides/branches on the ceiling and cleaning the far wall blind, so I decided on a comfortable fifteen inches of height instead and stacked them up by fours. I'm apparently the goldilocks of cages...
Anyways, I hope you find yourself the perfect height! And thank you for that lovely dose of drymarchon, they're all wonderful and I know what I want for Christmas now~ LOL

Old 03-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
creatism123
Pretty sweet set up!! I can't wait to get my black tail this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Monkey Tails Canada
Thanks for the comments and caging info. I have decided to go with 16'' in height for my new pvcx cages.

Be sure to post some pics of your new BT when you get him. I'm also wanting to add a few blacktails to my collection in the future. They are sweet looking!!

Here is a couple good updated pics of my indigos.

2007 male

2006 female

2008 female

Old 04-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
gottabsleeved
Congrats!Nice animals!Im getting my first eastern this year.Cant wait!LOL

Old 10-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
Monkey Tails Canada
I'm super happy I got myself another Eastern Indigo last month!!

A gorgeous 2009 Male that I purchased from the awesome Chris Stinson
I've had him for a few weeks and just love him. He really enjoys his day old chicks will have to make a quick video some time. Thanks for looking.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
bmwdirtracer
Hi Daniel,

I love my couperi, too. My '12 girl really only likes birds - she used to eat only baby quail, finally grew enough to graduate to chicks. I smuggle in a mouse when I can, and stuff 1/4 vitamin pill (human) in the chicks mouth every now and then, to supplement calcium, because baby birds are lacking.

I hope you've visited the "Drymarchon pics" thread....

Chris

Old 10-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
Monkey Tails Canada
Hey Chris thanks for the reply.

My guys are eating small rats but I throw in a baby chick here and there for treats as they love them so much. I will have to check out that Dry thread thanks!!

Couple quick pics.

I got my wife a female Texas Indigo for her birthday. I can tell she already loves this girl. I caught her talking to the indigo lol. They are super cute when there so small. Picked up this beauty from Jim at J&J Reptiles

Old 10-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
bmwdirtracer
Are there really Indigo owners that DON'T talk to their snakes? You would have caught me, begging all mine to eat, today....they all seem to have switched to a minimalist winter diet, a few weeks ago. The temps in their cages haven't changed, nor has the lighting schedule, and they've all shed in the last week....but ate just a little afterwards, not the usual pig-out.

Oh well, they're all healthy, I just want them to grow quickly, while they're young.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #10
lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdirtracer View Post
Are there really Indigo owners that DON'T talk to their snakes? You would have caught me, begging all mine to eat, today....they all seem to have switched to a minimalist winter diet, a few weeks ago. The temps in their cages haven't changed, nor has the lighting schedule, and they've all shed in the last week....but ate just a little afterwards, not the usual pig-out.

Oh well, they're all healthy, I just want them to grow quickly, while they're young.

I was doing the same thing two nights ago, my 4 year old male was being a dork not wanting to eat, then he started to eat, and then he changed his mind again and left me a half soaked rat corpse. Think I'm just gonna let him sleep a while as he appears to be winding down for winter like yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!