Join my Ringling Brothers circus protest! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
break_these_chains
Exclamation Join my Ringling Brothers circus protest!

Come one come all come attend the one of a kind circus protest aganinst the cruelest show on earth Ringling Brothers and Barnum Baily! Most circus elephants are taken out of the wild from when still babies, usually kidnapped from their mother while still nursing. Ringling has killed many baby elephants because they don't have the capabilities to care for an orphaned elephant. The confused and scared babies are strapped down and beat and starved for up to a month until they learn to fear their trainer. Elephants are sensitive highly family bonded animals and walk 20 miles a day in nature and even bury their loved ones bodies, but in the circus elephants spend thier lonely lives chained so they can't even move or assosiate with other elephants and severely beaten with sharp objects called bullhooks, yelled at and shocked with electric prods until they scream. They miss their families just as we would. The bears you see in circuses are trained to walk on their back feet by having thier front paws burnt, and tigers are naturally terrified of fire, only greater fear woul make them jump therough a hoop of flames. 11 months out of the year the circus continously travels, the animals must endure hours and even days of stifliling hot or freezing cold weather covered in their own feces, unable to move and often without food or water, in an uninsulated truck or train. The cages a full grown tiger is kept in most there lives is only four by five feet. Intense confinement takes a toll on wild animals, and cause them to repetedly throw them selves against the side of the cage, or mutilate themselves.
Wild animals don't naturally stand on their heads or ride bicycles, these acts are terrifying and painful to them and seeing thousands of unknowing people laughing at them is even worse. Though they know they must go on even though they are nearly too weak to stand, because they know they will be beat even more intensly, or starved even longer if they don't.

Please take action against this abuse by joining me at my protest speaking for the animals, who have no voice. We can make a difference, because most people if they knew the horrific facts about animal circuses they would refuse to go, because no one likes the idea of giving money directly to animal abusers. These animals are counting on you to help "break their chains" before they die of starvation, lonliness, heat exhastion or even have to suffer through another painful beating. Join me for an enlightining protest against the circus slave trade. I've got everything animal costumes, hand cuffs, cages for the "animals" to suffer in, chains, muzzles an amazingly persuasive banner your feel proud about holding, unique signs, coloring books for the kids, heck, we'll even be giving out FREE HELIUM BALLOONS with our own animal-friendly slogan on it to draw attention to our efforts, and most importantly I have to offer a spirit deteremined to have fun while saving the world! This will be a peaceful non-yelling protest. I need around 5-10 people so please make your voice count and Join me at:
Location: Amarillo Texas Civic Center (see map > http://www.civicamarillo.com/directions.shtml )

Date: June 14th at 7:30 Show up NO LATER than 6:30 so we can get set up, eat before you come

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMING PLEASE NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATLY at:

break_these_chains@hotmail.com

I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT POSTIONS SO CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR ALL THE DETAILS, AND SO YOU CAN CHOOSE IF YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC AND HAND OUT THE COLORING BOOKS, HOLD THE BANNER, BE AN INJURED ANIMAL, ECT.

If you live within driving distance please make it a point to come the animals and I am counting on you! Thank you for you time ~ Melissa

For more information on abuse in cirucuses visit: www.circuses.com

Old 06-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
MGReptiles
PETA????

Old 06-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by break_these_chains
protest aganinst the cruelest show on earth[/url]
So you are protesting against governments and corporations?

Sorry, but protesting a circus is way way way down on my priority list on what needs fixed in this country. Why don't we try to protect our personal freedoms that the Government is taking away at an alarming rate every year?

Why don't we protest the gross mishandling of our tax dollars by our Government?

Why don't we protest the CEO's and other top corporation officials who make $10, $20, $40 million plus each annually, yet they have 100's to 1000's of employees who make povery level wages?

Why don't we protest the amount of pollution being dumped in the ground and our waterways?

Our Governmant and Corporations want us focusing on Circuses, second hand smoke, Janet Jackson, etc. They don't want us as a society to focus on the the real atrocities that are happening in our society.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
PETA????
No doubt. Of course this is what she? put in her profile under "where did you hear about fauna"
Quote:
from another forum saying how awful this one was
so maybe not peta, maybe just a biatch in general. Well, at least she? put it in the right forum. BS forum indeed.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Ophis
I would go, but I think the whole thing would just end up being a big circus.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #6
ms_terese
I'm not sure I understand what's going on here. There are already laws in place against animal cruelty. If there is documentation of this:
Quote:
Most circus elephants are taken out of the wild from when still babies, usually kidnapped from their mother while still nursing. Ringling has killed many baby elephants because they don't have the capabilities to care for an orphaned elephant. The confused and scared babies are strapped down and beat and starved for up to a month until they learn to fear their trainer.
I can't understand why the proper authorities haven't been notified. If they have, what is the result of their investigation?

Also, what is the date of the video on circuses.com? I do believe that some time ago animal welfare agencies began working closely with Ringling Bros. as well as some other circuses that feature animals, and were pleased with the resulting training and care.

Mistreatment of animals is abhorrent to most people; however, I feel it's important to acknowledge true facts, and as many of them as possible, before making inflammatory statements on such an emotional issue.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
ms_terese
Quote:
I would go, but I think the whole thing would just end up being a big circus.
Now that's just funny!

Old 06-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #8
Mister Internet
Quote:
They miss their families just as we would.

Wild animals don't naturally stand on their heads or ride bicycles, these acts are terrifying and painful to them and seeing thousands of unknowing people laughing at them is even worse. Though they know they must go on even though they are nearly too weak to stand, because they know they will be beat even more intensly, or starved even longer if they don't.
Quote:
Please take action against this abuse by joining me at my protest speaking for the animals, who have no voice.
Wow, for not having a voice, they sure seem to have informed you of a lot of intense personal feelings...

Old 06-05-2005, 12:03 PM   #9
cthulhu77
You should hear what her drywall has to say to her!!! She also has long, in depth discussions with a pot of magnolias on sunny sunday afternoons drinking herbal tea. (personally, I am against drinking herbal tea...mint has feelings too, ya know!)
greg

Old 06-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #10
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
You should hear what her drywall has to say to her!!! She also has long, in depth discussions with a pot of magnolias on sunny sunday afternoons drinking herbal tea. (personally, I am against drinking herbal tea...mint has feelings too, ya know!)
greg

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!