Just a heads up - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Mutimbo
Just a heads up

When posting ads please educate yourselves in the use of an apostrophe. When used like this 12' it means 12 feet. When used like this '12 it means 2012. It might even save some trouble down the line when you ship someone a baby and based on your ad they thought they were buying a 12 foot adult.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Mutimbo
If you act quickly you can be the proud owner of not one but 4 world record ball pythons. There is a 10 foot and three 12 foot balls for sale from Flawless reptiles in the classifieds!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
hhmoore
If you have an issue with that seller, take it to the BOI; otherwise, such comments are unnecessary (and unappreciated).
As far as the topic of your thread, that is a pretty widespread mistake...and pretty easily resolved by looking at the pictures. Good luck on your mission to educate the people in this hobby like this, though (It doesn't make you look at all petty)

Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Mutimbo
Sorry about that Harald. I have no issue with the seller whatsoever. So many people on here know everything, and I just thought I could help out a little. Besides one of my pet peeves is ignorance. My apologies to Flawless Reptiles.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
hhmoore
To be clear, I notice that mistake frequently...and there are plenty more that are just as common. Sometimes I laugh; sometimes I cringe. The reality, though, is that (for the most part) the people that don't know, don't care. Pretty commonly, pointing out such things will get a defensive response..and earn one the title of Keyboard Commando, Grammar (or spelling) Nazi, etc.

Personally, I would love it if people used correct spelling, reasonably correct grammar, and decent punctuation. Heck, I'd like it if some of them could form complete sentences...or break that 200 word mess into multiple sentences. Those things would be nice; but I choose my battles - it helps me to not get bogged down in No Win stuff, and enjoy my time spent here.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
To be clear, I notice that mistake frequently...and there are plenty more that are just as common. Sometimes I laugh; sometimes I cringe. The reality, though, is that (for the most part) the people that don't know, don't care. Pretty commonly, pointing out such things will get a defensive response..and earn one the title of Keyboard Commando, Grammar (or spelling) Nazi, etc.

Personally, I would love it if people used correct spelling, reasonably correct grammar, and decent punctuation. Heck, I'd like it if some of them could form complete sentences...or break that 200 word mess into multiple sentences. Those things would be nice; but I choose my battles - it helps me to not get bogged down in No Win stuff, and enjoy my time spent here.

My general rule to myself is that if I spend more time trying to figure out what the poster wrote than they spent writing it, I cut my losses and move on. It probably isn't worth the effort to read it anyway.

As a side note, one way you could help alleviate the issues you see with posts is to send a carefully worded PM or email saying that the poster might want to clarify the wording to avoid confusion (or something to that effect).

Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post

My general rule to myself is that if I spend more time trying to figure out what the poster wrote than they spent writing it, I cut my losses and move on. It probably isn't worth the effort to read it anyway.

As a side note, one way you could help alleviate the issues you see with posts is to send a carefully worded PM or email saying that the poster might want to clarify the wording to avoid confusion (or something to that effect).
Which, nine times out of ten, will just wind up getting yourself into a pissing match with that person. Having posts ignored because they are unreadable is it's own just reward.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!